Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

How To Negoitate New Employment Contract ?

as above?

example ; in term of termination of service?

and probation period.

SOS

i really do not wich to stuck in 3months notice period again.. as the new contract yet again require me to give 3months notice when termination...

but wil i sound like potential to leave the firm if i nego about such term ?

Also i quite confuse for probation period :-

how come they can state upto 6months or other case may additional of 3months if require?

Also the AWS, its state that my Basic Salary already include AWS ???

im rather confuse, this the 1st Employment contracts after 6years stayign in the current company?

isit Normal?

Edited by LadyLuck

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
not quite, but anyway BO Lang have solution ar ?

so you haven't resigned lor. i heard you mentioned about changing job from last year until now. :notti:

i really do not wich to stuck in 3months notice period again.. as the new contract yet again require me to give 3months notice when termination...

but wil i sound like potential to leave the firm if i nego about such term ?

Not true lah. If one disputing about the punishment for the offence of drink-driving, does that mean the person has potential to drink-drive? Tell your employer that when you want to resign, you already do not have heart to work and it will be better off for him not to hold you back for so long. :yamseng:

Also i quite confuse for probation period :-

how come they can state upto 6months or other case may additional of 3months if require?

Actually I think this works in your favour: If your probation is 3mths, the employer is stuck with the choice to either confirm you, or ask you to go. What happens if you are still not up to mark to be confirmed, but the employer likes you and believe if given more time you can be better? He will still have no choice but to ask you to go, if the probation strictly to be 3 mths only.

Thus, its actually better to clarify upfront that your probation is 3mths, and possibly plus another 3 more mths if necessary, then everyone is clear.

But having said that, I think in Singapore you cannot negotiate employment terms one lah; its either take it or leave it, akin you signing those mobile contracts and such, also cannot negotiate the terms one.

In reality, there is only legal or illegal terms according to MOM's regulations. As long as the employer fulfill all guidelines (or managed to find the loopholes in such guidelines), I don't think they will change any of their standard contract terms just for you, especially if the company is big and the contract is drafted by lawyers.

Not true lah. If one disputing about the punishment for the offence of drink-driving, does that mean the person has potential to drink-drive? Tell your employer that when you want to resign, you already do not have heart to work and it will be better off for him not to hold you back for so long. :unsure:

Actually I think this works in your favour: If your probation is 3mths, the employer is stuck with the choice to either confirm you, or ask you to go. What happens if you are still not up to mark to be confirmed, but the employer likes you and believe if given more time you can be better? He will still have no choice but to ask you to go, if the probation strictly to be 3 mths only.

Thus, its actually better to clarify upfront that your probation is 3mths, and possibly plus another 3 more mths if necessary, then everyone is clear.

But having said that, I think in Singapore you cannot negotiate employment terms one lah; its either take it or leave it, akin you signing those mobile contracts and such, also cannot negotiate the terms one.

In reality, there is only legal or illegal terms according to MOM's regulations. As long as the employer fulfill all guidelines (or managed to find the loopholes in such guidelines), I don't think they will change any of their standard contract terms just for you, especially if the company is big and the contract is drafted by lawyers.

To reduce a level down of contracts shld be ok.

i read their employee handbook , they put me to the highest level how can...

ya.. company i big..

anyway i have wrote to my future immediate boss about my concern for the terms, Now jus waiting for reply he travelling now, But i need to talk to my current boss by Tomorow & get back to them by Monday.

STRESSSS!:yamseng:! wed jus pass me the offer **faint****

AWS sounds like govt link sector.

Well get another job offer outside, change of industry, alittle pay cut if u can afford to. Than you go negotiate with your current employer. If still dun mit your requirement, than leave for your new job. Ttz what i did but salary nt affected much and company willing to wait 2mth for me.

LL, your job seen very stressful leh. :unsure:

Well get another job offer outside, change of industry, alittle pay cut if u can afford to. Than you go negotiate with your current employer. If still dun mit your requirement, than leave for your new job. Ttz what i did but salary nt affected much and company willing to wait 2mth for me.

ya, if i were LL and i already left the job liao. i can't stand and will resign that type. haha. :yamseng:

MNC..

U so Lucky Zc31.. i need 3 months Notice, but the new company coutner propose while during my 2th Mth servicing Notice I work for them From Wed-Friday , 3th Mth NOtice I offset my leave balance

which mean i lugi all my balance annual leave to offst one mth notice & need to pay the current company for Wed-Friday for the whole month of 2th month Notice, its work out to be half Month salary I have pay

that the only way for me to get out, or else i 4ever stuck

Edited by LadyLuck

April

Cant think of much now,

Focus this NEW EMPLOYMENT THNGS 1st need to get it down by friday..

i see. poor thing. :help: "jia you"! :yamseng:

MNC..

U so Lucky Zc31.. i need 3 months Notice, but the new company coutner propose while during my 2th Mth servicing Notice I work for them From Wed-Friday , 3th Mth NOtice I offset my leave balance

which mean i lugi all my balance annual leave to offst one mth notice & need to pay the current company for Wed-Friday for the whole month of 2th month Notice, its work out to be half Month salary I have pay

that the only way for me to get out, or else i 4ever stuck

Actually i not lucky in a way that when i resigned, i needed 6mth tender notice cox i was working for the government, dealing with classifieds and stuff.

So i took the plunge, tendered resignation than went out to search for a job that has a good job fit & remuneration. So when my current company wanted me, they know i still haf 2mth notice, they say they'll wait lor cox i'm going to be in a special program and once i finish this stint, i'll be the first in south east asia to complete this. Hope all's well for me after this phase. :yamseng:

Actually i not lucky in a way that when i resigned, i needed 6mth tender notice cox i was working for the government, dealing with classifieds and stuff.

So i took the plunge, tendered resignation than went out to search for a job that has a good job fit & remuneration. So when my current company wanted me, they know i still haf 2mth notice, they say they'll wait lor cox i'm going to be in a special program and once i finish this stint, i'll be the first in south east asia to complete this. Hope all's well for me after this phase. :help:

wow 6months??:yamseng:

more cham . but at least u no lugi $$ & Leave ya..