Sign in to follow this  
hobbes11

Bo Xiong & De Nature Park

finally decided to try to start a reno blog in here

Collection of keys: 9 Feb 2007

Submission of defects list: 12 Feb 2007

DIscussion with ID: 1 April 2007

-----------------------------------------------

Going to be 2 months since i submitted my huge list of minor defects to HDB; but until now so disappointed that nothing has been done. This defect list has already excluded all the ugly tiles i am going to hack away in the common toilet, master toilet and the kitchen. Will try to post some "before" photos of my unit.

Nevertheless, we still went ahead to have discussion with the ID on the things that need to be done, initial quote was close to 40K excluding lightings, furniture and appliances :D . Not sure if thats the norm for an EA flat. But for sure it has exceeded our reno buget of 30K, already told the ID this magic number now the ball is in his court to help us materialise the reno within this budget. Now waiting for his revised quotation before he starts to do all the perspective drawings to show us. Really excited abt the whole process afterall it is going to be our own "nature park" in months to come. From this whole process, will also get the chance to know my HB more ;)

Things to get:

Panasonic Fridge NRB401-S6 or NR373MX(stainless steel-simply love this model)

Electrolux Washing Machine EW550F or EW670F

Electrolux Dryer EDE 419M

Samsung TV LA3781BX (HB simply love this new design)

Microwave Oven NNC2003S

Rinnai hood RH90CD & hob RB-28FV

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
finally decided to try to start a reno blog in here

Collection of keys: 9 Feb 2007

Submission of defects list: 12 Feb 2007

DIscussion with ID: 1 April 2007

-----------------------------------------------

Going to be 2 months since i submitted my huge list of minor defects to HDB; but until now so disappointed that nothing has been done. This defect list has already excluded all the ugly tiles i am going to hack away in the common toilet, master toilet and the kitchen. Will try to post some "before" photos of my unit.

Nevertheless, we still went ahead to have discussion with the ID on the things that need to be done, initial quote was close to 40K excluding lightings, furniture and appliances :D . Not sure if thats the norm for an EA flat. But for sure it has exceeded our reno buget of 30K, already told the ID this magic number now the ball is in his court to help us materialise the reno within this budget. Now waiting for his revised quotation before he starts to do all the perspective drawings to show us. Really excited abt the whole process afterall it is going to be our own "nature park" in months to come. From this whole process, will also get the chance to know my HB more ;)

Things to get:

Panasonic Fridge NRB401-S6 or NR373MX(stainless steel-simply love this model)

Electrolux Washing Machine EW550F or EW670F

Electrolux Dryer EDE 419M

Samsung TV LA3781BX (HB simply love this new design)

Microwave Oven NNC2003S

Rinnai hood RH90CD & hob RB-28FV

hobbes11..welcome welcome..congrats on your new place and reno.. Have you check out other ID and quotation? Post photo for us to see..all the best ...

hobbes11..welcome welcome..congrats on your new place and reno.. Have you check out other ID and quotation? Post photo for us to see..all the best ...

not really cos i am using my previous ID who did up my in law house before my marriage, so got better bargining power (i hope)

not really cos i am using my previous ID who did up my in law house before my marriage, so got better bargining power (i hope)

No harm checking out a few more for comparison.. at least it will give you an idea on the various charges,, but have to confirm the material use, tiles rate etc for a fair comparision..

hi welcome..

which block of EA in SK? :)

40K depends on what u are doing..

for my place abt 30K basic without alot of carpentry works and hacking... wish i can spend abit more for toilets n kitchen... :unsure: hee hee

who is ur ID? mind to share? :D hee hee

good luck in reno and maybe can see u around! :unsure:

Edited by Odielim

No harm checking out a few more for comparison.. at least it will give you an idea on the various charges,, but have to confirm the material use, tiles rate etc for a fair comparision..

dun really see the point of comparing with other IDs cos we are very comfortable with this current ID, very responsible and able to suggest practical ideas. Most importantly we are very satisfied with the previous job his team has done :)

hi welcome..

which block of EA in SK? :unsure:

40K depends on what u are doing..

for my place abt 30K basic without alot of carpentry works and hacking... wish i can spend abit more for toilets n kitchen... :P hee hee

who is ur ID? mind to share? :P hee hee

good luck in reno and maybe can see u around! :unsure:

mine is at 302D. this 40k includes lots of hacking from toilets, kitchen, study room, few standard carpentries for the kitchen, 2 rooms, study room etc.

i guess really have to weigh which part of the house should spend the most. Initially my HB didnt even want to hack away the kitchen tiles but i insisted and i got my way. Really cant stand the ugly workmanship & colour of the tiles they have given.

Given a chance i would also want to change the windows for the whole unit and the sliding door but cant cos this budget has to be given to other areas. A lot of decision making process.

The ID i am engaging is Ron from ID Emboss. His work is being featured quite often in this forum. A very responsible guy and able to contribute practical ideas. Was happy with the work his team has done for my current house. :) Hopefully this time round everything would also turn out well.

Looking forward for his revised quotation and drawings. :D

oooo that is near by... heh heh.. welcome neighbour.. i am 306 there :dunno:

ah.. i heard of him, if u are happy with their works previously, its good..

yeah the cost goes in the the hacking of those areas.. somemore sand and stuff increase in prices now...

i wish i got my way at least i get nicer toilets and kitchen.. but at least my ID done up a good job to focus on the nicer looking place then those ugly tiles.. wish got better budget... :good:

remember to share pictures.. i will drop by... oh must say SPAM by... not Mace says i bluff bluff.. hahahaha :D

been calling around those small electrical shops to find out the prices for the appliances i intend to get. So sad that my panasonic fridges both models are discontinued :) now i have to wacko for other alternatives. New models only come in June. Got to discuss with my HB tonight whether should we order our appliances first or not to beat the raise in GST. Many shopping tomorrow for my fridge and my gas hob & hood. Anyone got good recommendations for fridge?

mit e , samsung, F&P are the popular brands etc Hitachi... erh. forgot the other brand..

erh actually i guess it depends on whether u want an energy saver type? or design or others..

budget, size, two door etc etc etc....

dont forget ur fridge base must be able to fit ur fridge size.. mine really just nice until i cant get another type of fridge.... :)

mit e , samsung, F&P are the popular brands etc Hitachi... erh. forgot the other brand..

erh actually i guess it depends on whether u want an energy saver type? or design or others..

budget, size, two door etc etc etc....

dont forget ur fridge base must be able to fit ur fridge size.. mine really just nice until i cant get another type of fridge.... :sport-smiley-018:

Well i ever read up on a particular website that the appliances should cater to the kitchen not the other way round. Guess i will have to look at Mit in terms of design not that bad. :sport-smiley-018:

well, some ID will tell u another way, anyway, it depends on the design of the place.. my house kitchen is in the weird shape and quite tough.. so alot of things have to compromise :sport-smiley-018: hee hee

Mit E is not too bad...

went back to my unit today guess wat so 8| to see that my 3 rooms have been screeded !! hopefully they did in the right measurement otherwise have to hack and redo again