Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aoi

Zhi Seng Building Construction

hehe... thanks H4happy for the fast response..

Perhaps you might want to consider them to quote you officially to see how it goes?

hi AOI.. seems like you had used them for your flat..any photos/comments on the workmanship?Price?

after my reno-works completed in early july 2007, i hardly returned to this forum anymore.

anyway, i did not take photos. my renovation for 3 room new flat cost around $15K that time. if you take their basic renovation package, it is very cheap. it could have been few thousand dollars cheaper for us (instead of $15K for 3-rm new flat). but because my hubbie and i added quite a number of extra items for them to do, hence sending the total cost up to $15K.

i liked it that every material could be chosen at their shop, so hubbie and i did not need to run round with contractor to warehouses and factories, to select items or materials. to view samples of their residential projects, go to http://www.zhiseng.com.sg/Residential.doc

i am very satisfied with their workmanship overall. anyway, you are free to tell them where and which to modify and improve, if anything is not up to your requirements. always ask to talk to their boss "johnson tan", go direct to him, as he can better advise you on certain things that his assistants may not know.

no matter how busy their boss is, get his assistants to inform him to call back to your mobile number, as soon as he is available. most often, he can be seen busy attending to his customers, who have made appointment with him in the shop. sometimes, he and his assistants also went around to oversee renovation projects, which are ongoing.

Edited by aoi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

One thing I like about Zhiseng is that they don't chase you for payments.

I have contacted Zhi Seng also, i have been liaising with Johnson Lim but also have a few words with the boss Johnson Tan. All i can say is they are friendly and prompt to my call.

Besides, most important of all, pricing is within my budget. Carpentry and tiling not bad also.

I also thought the boss Johnson and the Chinese ID were friendly and honest, and helped us think of ways to save costs.

Bu then the quotes, like mentioned above, were too general and subsequent requotes left out some things in the previous quotes...so in the end we didnt take Zhi Seng, cos we thot better to list down to details all the items for reno.

But guess they are still not bad if you aren't a stickler to details...i'm just the kiasee-kiasu type ;-)

I also thought the boss Johnson and the Chinese ID were friendly and honest, and helped us think of ways to save costs.

Bu then the quotes, like mentioned above, were too general and subsequent requotes left out some things in the previous quotes...so in the end we didnt take Zhi Seng, cos we thot better to list down to details all the items for reno.

But guess they are still not bad if you aren't a stickler to details...i'm just the kiasee-kiasu type ;-)

Can't agree more to that. They are always trying to save for u and always trying to work within your budget. As for the quotes, you have to sit down and finalize with them. I think they have revised my quotation for the 4th times and no complaint from them, mostly changes requested by me.

I visited their office. The chinese guy seems to have forgotten about our appointment. And every item i asked he has to search up and down for the catalogue which shows he is a very unorganized person and wasn't prepared. Anyway, the design looks so dull and old fashion to me... The quote is also not cheap.

I visited their office a few times to work on the quotation. They seem quite nice and the price is reasonable. After meeting a lot of IDs and contractors, I found their price is the cheapest among all.

One thing to note is Zhi Sheng is not very professional in the designing. You have to come up with your own design and tell them your idea. Because they're just contractors. That's why their price is cheaper than IDs.

However, I did not engage them because I found a cheaper one right before I was about to sign the contract. Not sure if this cheaper one would be better. Have to wait and see. My renovation will start this Sun.

Even though I don't sign contract with Zhi Sheng due to my VERY VERY tight budget, I still have good impression on them.

chronograph,

Since Zhi Seng is more to contractor than ID..then is it difficult to choose the materials youself?? I scared my taste no good ah..then the final output very awful how??

i got a quote from them, but very vague i tink.. maybe i should visit their office...

chronograph,

Since Zhi Seng is more to contractor than ID..then is it difficult to choose the materials youself?? I scared my taste no good ah..then the final output very awful how??

i got a quote from them, but very vague i tink.. maybe i should visit their office...

I think Zhi Seng is a honest contractor than the others... and the workmanship is fine. You can always browse magazine for design ideas and pass to Zhi seng..

chronograph,

Usually, good material comes with a cost. They are infact more of the material guy, it is how deep your pocket is. :(

Need not worry, they have done many houses experience enough to give you the right advice. Most important is attitude and cost.

Edited by chronograph

Met the boss, Johnson and he seems to know his stuff but am worried about communication; Johnson doesn't really speak english well and my mandarin isn't quite up to standard, sigh.

Hmm.. was recommended Johnson Lim by forumers here. Asked for a quote ard 3wks ago. Reminded him to send mi a quote last Fri and he said that he could email it to me on the day itself. In the end, I received it only yesterday. 8| Either he's very busy or he don't really care about new business.

One thing good about him was that upon receiving my request 3wks back, he called me the next day to clarify some design requests that I had.

KIV-ing his quote. :)

Hi guys

any updates on this contractor?

i just gotten a quote from Johnson and the pricing is very reasonable.

Planning to sign with him but before any move, would like to gather more feedback from you guys.

Please update me ...

Thanks

-eric