Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oonik grl

Our Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yah i guess so . so many things to consider.. so many things to sacrifice...

VERY VERY IMPORTANT...be prepared to have some buffer for $$$! So plan your $$$ properly. We bought some fixtures that we never use or additional items that we need.

think now oonik girl may have to sacrific a lot to get the renovation done :wub:

seriously, maybe you want to go through the design given by your ex-ID and see which carpentry item can be forsaked, and which are the items that can be done later with minimum impact on your daily lives...

Err... me nt quite understand since u got the ideas from the previous ID, why not use it and get a good contractor to reno ur hse. !! This could save quit a fair bit of $$$.

Is it possible to reveal who are ur ID nw? :furious:

maybe u can try patrick fr i think ho bee? coz a lot of forummers use him and i believe he is cheap coz he is more of contractor quote.. and he have so much experience (since a lot of forummers use him, then we all young young so the designs give to him to do sure modern one) sure know designs oso so he will be able to help a bit on design.. esp since u already got main bulk of yr designs fr the previous id le.. then he is very reliable from all that i read..

just a suggestion.. most impt is u must feel comfortable.. ids really charge premium lor.. abt 30% to 40% of the quote is their profit..

Edited by LinDa

so we did it today. signed with patrick from chew.

but we did state a few things for ourselves: contract not binding until approval of bank loan. some changes to the terms as FH was extremely wary abt the payment of loans. after changing and reviewing and double checking of everything, it was signed.

wish us luck. if this is not meant to be again, i'll just live in a cardboard box.

so we did it today. signed with patrick from chew.

but we did state a few things for ourselves: contract not binding until approval of bank loan. some changes to the terms as FH was extremely wary abt the payment of loans. after changing and reviewing and double checking of everything, it was signed.

wish us luck. if this is not meant to be again, i'll just live in a cardboard box.

Are you refering to Chew Interiors? I find Chew interior is very aggressive with their advertising but I am not so sure about their services and quality.

yea that's them. the one that we approached wasn't that agressive. bt i did see others that seem a little... too eager.

good luck :deal: how are the payment terms like? make sure u don pay too much upfront. Anyway Chew is a big firm and quite active in advertising, shd be quite safe.

good luck :unsure: how are the payment terms like? make sure u don pay too much upfront. Anyway Chew is a big firm and quite active in advertising, shd be quite safe.

I am only worried that she is paying more for their advertising and not product.

Oonik girl, you better request your ID to spec as detail as possible for the quotation. That piece of black and white is what you can use to fight back when there is any problem (but TOUCH WOOD loh, hehe) Another common problem which many people will have is the number of lighting point and electrical point, sure not enough and you have to add in. So you better do some homework 1st. I plotted all my X,Y coordinate for my lightings and realised that my lighting is insufficient.

I am only worried that she is paying more for their advertising and not product.

Oonik girl, you better request your ID to spec as detail as possible for the quotation. That piece of black and white is what you can use to fight back when there is any problem (but TOUCH WOOD loh, hehe) Another common problem which many people will have is the number of lighting point and electrical point, sure not enough and you have to add in. So you better do some homework 1st. I plotted all my X,Y coordinate for my lightings and realised that my lighting is insufficient.

I can understand Sumobear worry for u. :)

Since u had signed the contract with them, make sure everythings u wan is spelled in the contract, on top please make sure there will nt be any extra or hidden cost in the contract. If possible ask them for a time schedule to follow. :bow:

Wish u LUCK! :good:

actually if you dun mind maybey you want to share your quotation from them

there's so many of us here, maybe we can point out anything missing :)

as the chinese saying goes 三个臭皮匠,胜过诸葛亮 :good:

actually if you dun mind maybey you want to share your quotation from them

there's so many of us here, maybe we can point out anything missing :)

as the chinese saying goes 三个臭皮匠,胜过诸葛亮 :good:

Ya lor ya lor... like wat i have mentioned to u via PM, u have to be tactful. We r more glad to help u screen thru the quotation. :bow:

thanks guys. i understand all ur concern and really appreciate it. the lighting and electrical points were actually already half done by the ex-ID. so we already know wat are the limitations if any.

also, we have stated everything black and white even up to which brand of solid surface and laminated flooring we'll be using.

their earlier payment method is 10% deposit, 40% commencement of wet works, 40% after completion of wetworks and 10% after inspection

we changed it to contract to be binding only after bank loan approval. 30% commencement of wet works, 20% one week after commencement of wet works (must have work done or else will nt be given, 40% after completion of all works except carpentry and solid surface, 10% after inspection.

i'll type out my quote tonite since a bit busy nw at work.