Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lin_stapler

Stapler's Abode

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi stapler,

I like the timber skirting you have for your living room and kitchen entrance. Is it costly to have skirting?

By the way, as I am new to the forum...can I check with you how to post photos onto the forum like what you have done? Thanks in advance! :good:

Hi,

Can show the photo of the other side of your small practical kitchen?

Would like to see how is it done becos i have second thought of doing both side of the kitchen becos it is small and may end up narrow. But on the other hand, afraid that may not have enough storage.

Thanks.

Sorry PRGR, I don't have the updated image. This is the pic taken earlier in renovation. Yes... kitchen is very small so must plan properly. I made a narrow low cabinet on the other side of the kitchen for storage. Above that would be the cabinet to house the unsightly citygas heater and some simple shelf for me to put my radio and some decorative stuff.

The cabinet shown is minus the solid top and I've changed the middle white door to have a more uniform cherry doors. Beside this cabinet, I place an island unit that I bought from Picket and Rail. It is solid wood cherry color to match my cabinet... its actually those small table with 2 stools. Perhaps sometime next week after I've really settled down comfortably I'm able to take a better pic :dancingqueen: .

smallcabinet-1.jpg

Hi stapler,

I like the timber skirting you have for your living room and kitchen entrance. Is it costly to have skirting?

By the way, as I am new to the forum...can I check with you how to post photos onto the forum like what you have done? Thanks in advance! :yamseng:

Hi Clare, sorry but I don't have the breakdown of cost. But I wouldn't say it is costly if its done only for the living area.

As for the photos posting, I think there is a guideline somewhere in this forum on how to post pictures. Anyway... here's what I did and hope it helps:

- save image in jpg format (72dpi) I'm trying to adjust to a smaller size. Some of my previous images a bit too big hee hee

- open an account with photobucket (www.photobucket.com)

- post images/pictures in photobucket

- cut and paste the IMG link into this page

- try and preview before posting

Good luck... and of course welcome to the forum :dancingqueen:

stapler.gif

Hi stapler,

Thanks for your advice. I have managed to upload photos after following your steps. Hope to start my reno blog when my renov commences in Jul... :P

Hi Clare, sorry but I don't have the breakdown of cost. But I wouldn't say it is costly if its done only for the living area.

As for the photos posting, I think there is a guideline somewhere in this forum on how to post pictures. Anyway... here's what I did and hope it helps:

- save image in jpg format (72dpi) I'm trying to adjust to a smaller size. Some of my previous images a bit too big hee hee

- open an account with photobucket (www.photobucket.com)

- post images/pictures in photobucket

- cut and paste the IMG link into this page

- try and preview before posting

Good luck... and of course welcome to the forum :P

stapler.gif

hi there, there's actually a function in photobucket for you to resize your pix

just click edit and choose the size you want i.e. msg board etc

it'll resize the pix accordingly :P

hi there, there's actually a function in photobucket for you to resize your pix

just click edit and choose the size you want i.e. msg board etc

it'll resize the pix accordingly :sport-smiley-003:

yeah i know... but somehow i like to see my picture big big. Partly because used to using 21" monitor at work ehehehe.

Hey apple, I've moved in new place but have to leave my babies at old place in the meantime lah. Poor kitties. My house right now is swamped with my bros kids because of holiday. Don't want to traumatize my cats.

But I'm traumatized by the thots of leaving them on their own *sob sob sob* :dancingqueen:

wah if i leave my babies alone they'll scream their lungs out

as it is, if i return late from work my girl will sit at the gate and scream

i didn't know until my parents kept commenting 'see now she so quiet, why doesn't she go on screaming?'

my boy will sit outside the bathroom when i bathe and meow until i come out. they really very 'sticky' :dancingqueen:

my mum lagi funny, she say my girl is scolding me like some naggy wife standing at the door saying 'so late still dun want to come back, want to kenna already' :sport-smiley-003:

wah if i leave my babies alone they'll scream their lungs out

as it is, if i return late from work my girl will sit at the gate and scream

i didn't know until my parents kept commenting 'see now she so quiet, why doesn't she go on screaming?'

my boy will sit outside the bathroom when i bathe and meow until i come out. they really very 'sticky' :dancingqueen:

my mum lagi funny, she say my girl is scolding me like some naggy wife standing at the door saying 'so late still dun want to come back, want to kenna already' :sport-smiley-003:

Hahahaha... I know what you mean. My boy is the sticky type. The girl is the independent lady just like me hee hee. When I visited them yesterday, the girl just eat and then go back to sleep.

The boy cry and cry and kiss me all over. Make me want to cry only :bangwall:

awwwww, think i will just sit down and cry with the boy :yamseng:

if it's up to me, i'll chase all the kids away and bring my babies home :jawdrop:

but then again, i dun have relatives of young age, most of my nephew/niece are around my age liao. kekeke

oh gosh. i read until so confused. at first i thot ur babies meant ur kids.. then as i read further u said he 'meow until i come out' must be ur cat. then lin stapler say the boy cry and cry. kittens will cry meh? oh no i was thinking of getting a cat. but want them to be independent coz i work long hours so not at home. wont be able to bear to see them sad. :jawdrop: maybe i wont get liao :yamseng::bleah:

oh gosh. i read until so confused. at first i thot ur babies meant ur kids.. then as i read further u said he 'meow until i come out' must be ur cat. then lin stapler say the boy cry and cry. kittens will cry meh? oh no i was thinking of getting a cat. but want them to be independent coz i work long hours so not at home. wont be able to bear to see them sad. :bleah: maybe i wont get liao :bleah::notti:

ahahaha mist. Don't worry lah. Cats are very independent animals. Anyway like human, cats have their own individual characteristics. Like my female cat... she is like a display in our house. She just eat and sleep and keep herself pretty. Hardly hear her meow and yet she is very lovable. She had been with me for 15years already. Very very old for a cat.

But really, sometimes its the naughty and noisy cat and are really more adorable because they are more responsive to their owners :yamseng:

Right apple :jawdrop:

no lah they won't cry but if you leave them alone for days on end then they will cry :jawdrop:

if you ask me to leave them for days i will also cry :yamseng::bleah: :bleah:

if only go work then come back evenings no problem...

Moved in already but house still in a mess so cannot show much layout. But thot I'd share some new additions to the house.

Still very tired lah... so just post watever lah ehehehe.

Curtains

livingcurtain.jpg

bedcurtain.jpg

kitchendoorway.jpg

Pullout bed

pullout.jpg

Living Room Clock (2 sided train station type... bcos house near mrt maaaaa... )

livingclock.jpg

Another clock, for the white girly room. Also same... 2 sided.

roomclock.jpg

This is my sofa... so paiseh can see my cat's backside sticking out from under the coffee table har har har :D

sofa.jpg