Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I just bought a hitachi fridge a couple months back and recently the hinges of its inside shelf plastic cover broke off due to an inherent design flaw. While the fridge is under warranty the cover is not covered as it is categorised as an "accessory".

I was very frustrated as this was not openly communicated to me before I bought the fridge. And now I have to pay for something that was not badly designed/manufactured, not explicitly communicated to consumers, and no ownership by the principal Hitachi. Utmost disappointing experience from a Japanese big-name manufacturer.

Buyers beware. Safe yourself the hassle - shop for other more dependable and customer-centric brands - there are many out there.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Agreed. Hitachi brand not reliable & durable. I m having bad experience with hitachi refrigerator too. It was purchased from Harvey Norman. Problem was the freezer got frost and water after second day delivered. We contacted our sales lady and she helped escalated to hitachi. The technician came and used double sided tape and hair dryer to blow on the door gasket. Well, the frost problem resolved but I realized that this is temporary solution after 18 month, it is frosting again. I am regret that I didn’t insist go have 1 to 1 exchange or ask hitachi to change the door gasket since this fridge delivered next day and got such problem. Now, it is on year 2 warranty, labor charges are not cover, door gasket replacement are not cover as well. The labor & transport charges is $80-$120. ? I am regret to purchased hitachi brand, attracted by its nice model look but it is not reliable at all. My mum fridge used for 10 years also not such problem.