Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

My previous place was extremely quiet as the road is some distance from my unit and it is has only light traffic. My new place has a major road in front of my unit. Although another block blocks 90% of the sound from the major road, I am surprised to know that that residual 10% sound is still bothering me so much!:notti: The sound came from a “gap” that has no other building blocking it. Feel like moving out and I have just moved in 3 weeks ago!! I suppose the quiet environment in my previous place has made me non tolerant to any road noise today.

Currently, I try to keep windows open to a minimum (if not warm), close the curtain to help suppress the echo of traffic noise inside my unit, switch on radio 24 hrs at low volume to mask the traffic noise. I don’t want to switch on the aircon 24 hours.

What do you fellas do about the sound if it is a problem at your place?

I suppose many of us can't do much about it but probably just try to get use to the noise eventually.

Some western country have very strict control about noise and will install road noise barriers if it exceed certain dBA or even force slow traffic speed at night. Too bad, the legislative control of road noise in Singapore is nearly non existent.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My previous place was extremely quiet as the road is some distance from my unit and it is has only light traffic. My new place has a major road in front of my unit. Although another block blocks 90% of the sound from the major road, I am surprised to know that that residual 10% sound is still bothering me so much!:( The sound came from a “gap” that has no other building blocking it. Feel like moving out and I have just moved in 3 weeks ago!! I suppose the quiet environment in my previous place has made me non tolerant to any road noise today.

Currently, I try to keep windows open to a minimum (if not warm), close the curtain to help suppress the echo of traffic noise inside my unit, switch on radio 24 hrs at low volume to mask the traffic noise. I don’t want to switch on the aircon 24 hours.

What do you fellas do about the sound if it is a problem at your place?

I suppose many of us can't do much about it but probably just try to get use to the noise eventually.

Some western country have very strict control about noise and will install road noise barriers if it exceed certain dBA or even force slow traffic speed at night. Too bad, the legislative control of road noise in Singapore is nearly non existent.

My place live beside a small road. The noise level at night is quite bad especially when those inconsiderate bikers zoom pass at low gear/max engine rpm. #$%&*@.

Came across this Audimute sound proof blanket at USA. I'm thinking of getting this blanket and do some minor modification to attach to my current curtain's back using button/velco to adsorb the noise. Anyone keen to get it as well? Can buy together to reduce cost. Anyone???

http://www.audimutesoundproofing.com/audim...absorption.aspx

Edited by Brainstorm

I guess we just hv to get used to the noise ba...

I can hear a bit of MRT noises especially when the nite is quiet at my current place.

As I am a light sleeper I cannot get used to it initially and oni sleep when the MRT stop

operation.

Now I already get used to it....And like Brainstorm, I also hv inconsiderate bikers zoom pass at low gear/max engine rpm. #$%&*@.

I guess there is not much areas in Singapore whereby we can get 0% noise at nites...

agree with karen, i guess juz a matter of getting used to it.

the higher the level one lives, the louder the sound is, as sound travels upward, hot air sinks, cool air rises, and so it will be cooler or more ventilation for higher unit also.

my mum 1st hse was ultra quiet at nite, when move to new hse which the small rd is outside, we eventually get used to it after sometime.

but nw new hse is quite quiet coz its not a vy developed area. and we like the environment vy much coz quite condusive for kids to grow up in a not so sophiscated environment. :sport-smiley-004:

another way is to play some SPA music at low volume to counter the soundwave from the road. Actually it's way to cheat one's brains to subjectively choose WHAT to filter out..,

Mine is not road noise... is the garung kuni men!! i never know there are so many garung kuni men in my estate... and they came at staggered timings.. from as early as 9am... i really feel like screaming at them.... cant sleep late on weekends because of them... :P

Mine is not road noise... is the garung kuni men!! i never know there are so many garung kuni men in my estate... and they came at staggered timings.. from as early as 9am... i really feel like screaming at them.... cant sleep late on weekends because of them... :dunno:

wahsay - so much garang guni men??? same as my estate - leave 1 cardboard box by the dustbin - less than 15mins evaporated... :jawdrop:

Mine is not road noise... is the garung kuni men!! i never know there are so many garung kuni men in my estate... and they came at staggered timings.. from as early as 9am... i really feel like screaming at them.... cant sleep late on weekends because of them... :bangwall:

u mean they got shout their theme sone is it? "Ka Long Gu Ni.. Xiu Poh Zua, Gu Sar Kor, Dian Xi Ki, Leh Leo!!!"

that will be too noisy liao. the noise i previously encounter is from vehicles, eg. bus (juz nice there's a bus stop in front of my mum's blk), those +@*&$#!!! motorbikers who cum zooming in the mid of the night, and sometime on weekends morning - funeral walk (i wonder wat its call) with alot of dong dong chiang... :dancingqueen:

juz hv to get use to it and slowly you will get use to it

wahsay - so much garang guni men??? same as my estate - leave 1 cardboard box by the dustbin - less than 15mins evaporated... :P

ya!! same here... seems like there are spies around.. i threw away my old vacumm cleaner by the dustbin... less than half an hour.. its gone!:bangwall::(

u mean they got shout their theme sone is it? "Ka Long Gu Ni.. Xiu Poh Zua, Gu Sar Kor, Dian Xi Ki, Leh Leo!!!"

that will be too noisy liao. the noise i previously encounter is from vehicles, eg. bus (juz nice there's a bus stop in front of my mum's blk), those +@*&$#!!! motorbikers who cum zooming in the mid of the night, and sometime on weekends morning - funeral walk (i wonder wat its call) with alot of dong dong chiang... :dancingqueen:

juz hv to get use to it and slowly you will get use to it

precisely!! it is VERY noisy... after one theme song... another come along... i confirm wake up loh :P

is there any way we can do to reduce this?;)?! complain to town council?? hahaha...

ya!! same here... seems like there are spies around.. i threw away my old vacumm cleaner by the dustbin... less than half an hour.. its gone!:(:rofl:

precisely!! it is VERY noisy... after one theme song... another come along... i confirm wake up loh :rofl:

is there any way we can do to reduce this?:rofl:?! complain to town council?? hahaha...

Complain to TC for the funeral walk? Dun tink so ba....

ya!! same here... seems like there are spies around.. i threw away my old vacumm cleaner by the dustbin... less than half an hour.. its gone!:(:P

precisely!! it is VERY noisy... after one theme song... another come along... i confirm wake up loh :rofl:

is there any way we can do to reduce this?:rofl:?! complain to town council?? hahaha...

my estate i actually did a count - 4 lorries + 1 bicycleman. :rofl:

and i know the blangadesh cleaners hates them - less extra income.

my estate i actually did a count - 4 lorries + 1 bicycleman. :P

and i know the blangadesh cleaners hates them - less extra income.

mmmm... maybe i should do a count too... the fellows come at different timing.. imagine hearing them at 4-5pm in the afternoon too!:dunno::yamseng:

that time when i sold my tv, think 1 mth ago... its actually those Chinese nationals... now garung kunis so tam lui meh??? even the Chinese nationals also come and snatch biz??? :(

mmmm... maybe i should do a count too... the fellows come at different timing.. imagine hearing them at 4-5pm in the afternoon too!:dunno::yamseng:

that time when i sold my tv, think 1 mth ago... its actually those Chinese nationals... now garung kunis so tam lui meh??? even the Chinese nationals also come and snatch biz??? :P

foreign talents.

My place live beside a small road. The noise level at night is quite bad especially when those inconsiderate bikers zoom pass at low gear/max engine rpm. #$%&*@.

Came across this Audimute sound proof blanket at USA. I'm thinking of getting this blanket and do some minor modification to attach to my current curtain's back using button/velco to adsorb the noise. Anyone keen to get it as well? Can buy together to reduce cost. Anyone???

http://www.audimutesoundproofing.com/audim...absorption.aspx

Get Nparks to plant more tree around in your surrounding. It helps to reduce noice and beautified you view too.

actually have to get use to it lah. you think those ppl who lives near military air base (paya lebar air base) worst rite?

these fighter planes are **** loud leh... and they sometimes dun come juz 1, a few may fly past at abt the same time... :sport-smiley-018: