Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

actually have to get use to it lah. you think those ppl who lives near military air base (paya lebar air base) worst rite?

these fighter planes are **** loud leh... and they sometimes dun come juz 1, a few may fly past at abt the same time... :sport-smiley-018:

Sometime external factors can't be help much unless you move house. To stay in, so have to work around internally a little bit to help to reduce.

I would suggest rolling carpets as it will absorb noices and prevent sound wave from external to further reflect internally and reduce the echo. Just some ideas for recommendations.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
actually have to get use to it lah. you think those ppl who lives near military air base (paya lebar air base) worst rite?

these fighter planes are **** loud leh... and they sometimes dun come juz 1, a few may fly past at abt the same time... :sport-smiley-018:

i know....i hate the national day(MONTH)....

i know....i hate the national day(MONTH)....

Ya, I also really some time wanna shoot the Pe Ki down when i have so much diffuculty and manage to pamper my children to sleep.

One fly over.. # _ @ _ $**_#*. again :sport-smiley-018:

Sometime external factors can't be help much unless you move house. To stay in, so have to work around internally a little bit to help to reduce.

I would suggest rolling carpets as it will absorb noices and prevent sound wave from external to further reflect internally and reduce the echo. Just some ideas for recommendations.

If permits, do double glaze windows. That should helps alot.

these fighter planes are **** loud leh... and they sometimes dun come juz 1, a few may fly past at abt the same time... :yamseng:

And Tengah Air base...those whom stays at Jurong West area will suffer when National day is coming or there is nite exercise....

anyone suggested / experienced using dual layer window to block out noise from traffic? may be costly to install though...

But you need to close windows all the time..... and on air-con.... electrical bill will be a killer...

anyone suggested / experienced using dual layer window to block out noise from traffic? may be costly to install though...

:P sorry for my ignorance but how ah??

:yamseng: sorry for my ignorance but how ah??

simi how? got money then install those dual layer windows + electrical bills.

no money then go bugis street buy a $6 CD and play it softly in the night + thick curtains.

Edited by MaCe

I also stayed overnight at my new place, and oh gosh, I was awakened by the traffic noise abt about 2-3am. Like taxis picking up speed, or speeding away. So dislike! My current place is absolutely 100% quiet at night, unless some cranky neighbour sing karaoke or watch tv very loud. Conincidentally, all my existing neighbours (in my old neighbourhood) sleep so early.. think 10pm lights off already.

About Karung Guni man..

I was at home when my hubby hear someone outside our corridor. And he saw thru the eye hole and told me that someone is hanging around our rubbish area.

That time, the contractors cleared rubbish from my home and dumped them outside my house for a couple of days. Rubbish dump consist of wooden planks, cartons, boxes etc..

I opened the door, and asked him what he is doing. I almost tot he was someone my contractor sent to clear rubbish. He said he saw my cardboard very useful so he's going to take it to use for his fishtank. For a moment, I tot he was some neighbour in my blk, so I asked him which floor he stay. Then he tell me he is a karong guni man as he folded what he wanted to take away. But not before he tells me to chase the ID to remove the rubbish otherwise the town council will fine me!)

Which I asap did, and told my ID that I will pass him the fine if town council fine me. Then ID action very fast to clear rubbish. Otherwise my rubbish been outside my home for 3 weeks....

Mine is not road noise... is the garung kuni men!! i never know there are so many garung kuni men in my estate... and they came at staggered timings.. from as early as 9am... i really feel like screaming at them.... cant sleep late on weekends because of them... :sport-smiley-004:

Same here! On weekends, wah liao! One after another. Each one with their "pi po pi po". One will go "Collecting old shirts and newspaper" in hokkien and then few seconds later "pi po". This one can tah han. Now got new generation garang kuni man. "pi-po-pi-po-pi-po-pi-po-pi-po" for few seconds. Then a few seconds no sound. Then "pi-po-pi-po-pi-po-pi-po-pi-po" for few seconds again....what is this!:furious:???

With regards to road noise, really nothing much can be done. But keeping some plants at the window (to block out the noise; maybe some hanging creepers so you can still see outside?) and around the house (to absorb remaining noise; potted plants) may help a bit as plants do absorb noise to a certain extend (also beautifies the place too!). Read here for basic information on plants and noise absorption.

Edited by CraB

hehe... the current place i'm staying at now is also very noisy. sigh... my room window faces the carpark. those ground level carpark so u can imagine how noisy it is throughout the day!! taxis drive past, vans drive past, bikes voom past..... sometimes, some siao gin na will vooom voooom their bikes just downstairs for hrs in the middle of the night. i wonder how come no one call police... on weekends, it's the usual endless karung guni. got so many ku po zua and sa kor to collect meh???

recently, i read a newspaper report... think its on last sunday?? abt the karang guni men... think someone complained to neighbourhood police... but then the police also cant do much... think there is some laws governing secondhand sellers for watches, hp, pc parts?? but no laws for karang guni.. so the police cant stop them from their trade... TC also cant... haiz... getting more and more frustrated with these people... :bangwall:

It is now 1.5 years since I moved. Honestly the road noise still annoy me but I try to live with it. There is a construction next door and I am hopping the new block when up will further shield any remaining sound. But in the mean time, the construction noise is driving me nuts, more than the road noise but the consolation is that the construction noise is mostly in daytime when no one is at home anyway.

As one poster asked...why move from my quieter home in the first place...there wasn't a day I didn't wished I had not moved.

Edited by Topspin