Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

My present place building church extension right below, and these foreign workers are really hardworking, from daybreak into the night. My place also faces bus interchange, so 5.45am when the buses start rolling out, it is really noisy. To add on, I don't have aircon (landlord refuses to install), so no choice, have to leave windows slightly open. My last home was in a cul-de-sac, v quiet.

First few months in this place, really beh-ta-han, got v little sleep. No more noise-tolerant. But am moving in a couple of months, hopefully it'll be quieter, tho there is still a big road downstairs.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My present place building church extension right below, and these foreign workers are really hardworking, from daybreak into the night. My place also faces bus interchange, so 5.45am when the buses start rolling out, it is really noisy. To add on, I don't have aircon (landlord refuses to install), so no choice, have to leave windows slightly open. My last home was in a cul-de-sac, v quiet.

First few months in this place, really beh-ta-han, got v little sleep. No more noise-tolerant. But am moving in a couple of months, hopefully it'll be quieter, tho there is still a big road downstairs.

my friend mention a properly seal up windows will help to reduce the noise level.. of cos when u close ur windows u usually need to turn on ur aircon. Going to try diy these sealing of windows soon.. my new home is just 50m away from the mrt track and cross junction :x

My house is super noisy too... I'm living next to an S11 coffeeshop so it's open 24-7... a Community Club, a food centre and a wet market...plus it's also next to a road junction....and....not to mention the fighter jets that zoom past at least once or twice a week.... :bangwall:

My current solution?... close the main windows that face the coffeeshop and road, leave the small window open and turn on the fan to cool down the room... no choice... as the others have said, just have to live with it... for me, it's a trade-off I guess for the convenience of all the amenities around me... :dunno:

My house is super noisy too... I'm living next to an S11 coffeeshop so it's open 24-7... a Community Club, a food centre and a wet market...plus it's also next to a road junction....and....not to mention the fighter jets that zoom past at least once or twice a week.... :bangwall:

My current solution?... close the main windows that face the coffeeshop and road, leave the small window open and turn on the fan to cool down the room... no choice... as the others have said, just have to live with it... for me, it's a trade-off I guess for the convenience of all the amenities around me... :dunno:

Yes i agree. i live in the same area but on Yung An road opp CC. i think the killer for me is the CC, my god the events they had all goes well into the night on the weekends. Dunno why this CC very happening.

Yes i agree. i live in the same area but on Yung An road opp CC. i think the killer for me is the CC, my god the events they had all goes well into the night on the weekends. Dunno why this CC very happening.

the noise cant stand is from s11 esp when they watch soccer..

i staying in blk 180 now , sometime i still can hear from s11 on very noisy nights

My previous place was extremely quiet as the road is some distance from my unit and it is has only light traffic. My new place has a major road in front of my unit. Although another block blocks 90% of the sound from the major road, I am surprised to know that that residual 10% sound is still bothering me so much!!! The sound came from a “gap” that has no other building blocking it. Feel like moving out and I have just moved in 3 weeks ago!! I suppose the quiet environment in my previous place has made me non tolerant to any road noise today.

Currently, I try to keep windows open to a minimum (if not warm), close the curtain to help suppress the echo of traffic noise inside my unit, switch on radio 24 hrs at low volume to mask the traffic noise. I don’t want to switch on the aircon 24 hours.

What do you fellas do about the sound if it is a problem at your place?

I suppose many of us can't do much about it but probably just try to get use to the noise eventually.

Some western country have very strict control about noise and will install road noise barriers if it exceed certain dBA or even force slow traffic speed at night. Too bad, the legislative control of road noise in Singapore is nearly non existent.

If there's loud sound outside, I'll just close the door and windows.