Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

But hor, the battery life is not long enough to clean the whole 5 room flat.. the battery went flat when it is cleaning the last room :(

Still better than my RED Robot ... I have to charge twice to clean the whole house.. 1st time clean all the rooms and kitchen... 2nd time clean the living... and it took >5 hours for the 2nd charging...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Well risks can be higher buying from Ebay, so u have to scrutinise the seller carefully. However, there can be decent ebay sellers with good offers. I got my 350 from ebay, a little pricier than what u paid 4 yrs. If u stick with new models, chances of a refurbished unit is less. In addition, iRobot refurbished models have different model nos.

One advantage of buying from Ebay is... u dont have to go through Vpost !!

Simply use US Postal Service... quick and hassle free..in addition, no restriction with batteries! 8|

I personally dun feel good getting from Ebay. Bcos an important part of the robot is battery, and it determine the performance and life of your unit. If Ebay selling an refurbished unit n you got an used battery, you would need to buy a replacement battery sooner...

Oh ya, saw in HWZ forum got ppl order thru Vpost and the unit kena stuck in US Vpost.. Becos they dun want to ship the battery!! Then how?? :horse:

Well risks can be higher buying from Ebay, so u have to scrutinise the seller carefully. However, there can be decent ebay sellers with good offers. I got my 350 from ebay, a little pricier than what u paid 4 yrs. If u stick with new models, chances of a refurbished unit is less. In addition, iRobot refurbished models have different model nos.

One advantage of buying from Ebay is... u dont have to go through Vpost :)

Simply use US Postal Service... quick and hassle free..in addition, no restriction with batteries! :notti:

RooRoo, did u buy new one or refurbished one? how much did u pay for it, postage included? need any insurance?

Got it (brand new, not refurbished unit!) less than $600, all in inclusive shipping. I didnt get any insurance though... :sport-smiley-018:

RooRoo, did u buy new one or refurbished one? how much did u pay for it, postage included? need any insurance?
Edited by RooRoo

wa. so many models..

*confused*

GK robots only has 3.

and iRobot has another 3 different ones!

so which is the most efficient and pocket-friendly roomba would you guys recommend?

If I am not wrong, iRobot carries the older models, GKRobots carries the old models, iRobot USA carries the newest models. Hope that helps... :good:

I sold away all my old roombas and want to ship new models from irobot.com. Anybody interested to mass order? I will get Roomba 530 and 560. As for 570, no stock now and I heard abit of issues due to wireless command centre. I will buy from irobot or their authorised resellers only because they ship latest stock and less hassle. www.irobot.com. You look at the price there. The first batch has some issues and the 2nd batch (bugs resolved) is here. Jackson and Darren, you asked me before, so I think it is time. Juz nice for christmas :P

If you are interested, pm me.

ps: I am not familiar with the new charger so I need time to figure out how to convert it to 240V. Nothing cannot be done, it is juz a matter of time. Worst come to worst, can use a converter first.

If you are doing a MO, I am interested in the Scooba . . !!

Ok, pm me the model of scooba you need.

I will order this coming friday.

Edited by kohsw88

btw I wasn't aware the 2nd batch is available, does it fix all the known issues like rattling noise? How abt trying to order the 535 from HSN, it's a good mix of features.

Edited by maestro

I think the rattling noise is due to the design. It will not be resolved unless they change the brush. The new robot is quieter compared to the current model. My friend in USA tried it out, and his comments are good. Not sure man, probably I have to give it a shot now. If you are sceptical about this new model, let me buy it first, I test it out, and post a review here. See if the 2nd batch is ok. Then you guys go get it. I need to tweak the power supply first....that is most important now.

Wow thats good you are testing the new Roomba me also interested in it as it can clean easier than the current one. Let us know your test out and I may consider buying too... !!

I think the rattling noise is due to the design. It will not be resolved unless they change the brush. The new robot is quieter compared to the current model. My friend in USA tried it out, and his comments are good. Not sure man, probably I have to give it a shot now. If you are sceptical about this new model, let me buy it first, I test it out, and post a review here. See if the 2nd batch is ok. Then you guys go get it. I need to tweak the power supply first....that is most important now.

let me know if you found the way to tweak the power supply. I'll be keen to learn from u as I hv zero knowledge in such things. :notti: