Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

That was before, Vpost no longer ships batteries (though if u check the terms and conditions, only lithium batteries are banned) but somehow, they blanket banned shipping batteries in general (verified by customer service response). Also, it appears that devices with such batteries are banned as well. So, for those thinking of using Vpost to bring back yr Roombas and Scoobas, pls take note.

Sure...I shipped before. No problem.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am interested in the Scooba. But why is there only the basic model sold locally?

Does anyone know the reason why only the basic model is sold here, and not the others like the 380, which can clean bigger spaces? Or is that not a good idea? Would love to hear the reasons.

That was before, Vpost no longer ships batteries (though if u check the terms and conditions, only lithium batteries are banned) but somehow, they blanket banned shipping batteries in general (verified by customer service response). Also, it appears that devices with such batteries are banned as well. So, for those thinking of using Vpost to bring back yr Roombas and Scoobas, pls take note.

Vpost just shipped my roomba pet and an additional battery to me 2 days ago. Why cannot? Anybody can ship lah. To make life easy, buy from gkrobots like what albertts said....Their website seems to be impressive.

Vpost just shipped my roomba pet and an additional battery to me 2 days ago. Why cannot? Anybody can ship lah. To make life easy, buy from gkrobots like what albertts said....Their website seems to be impressive.

Great to hear your reply... I was worried as juz instructed my sellers to ship the items to vpostUSA. :)

maybe i'm wrong. I was told that if you were to ship only battery to singapore, will have problem. But if it's being shipped with the roomba/scooba, then not a problem.

Personally, still prefer to go through gk robots(much easier, leave the hassle to them :) )

You are lucky! I have asked VPost specifically, their answer is a straight NO, even asked them again to verify. I have shipped Roombas and batteries through Vpost before, no issues at all. Its only the recent change in their shipping policy. There have been past experience whereby the shipment was rejected by vpost. You have to bear shipping for rejected items back to the shipper.

Edited by RooRoo

You are lucky! I have asked VPost specifically, their answer is a straight NO, even asked them again to verify. I have shipped Roombas and batteries through Vpost before, no issues at all. Its only the recent change in their shipping policy. There have been past experience whereby the shipment was rejected by vpost. You have to bear shipping for rejected items back to the shipper.

No lah...I shipped so many times and all reached here. Nothing was rejected. Still can. I have been doing this since 2005... Even vpost has special arrangement to deliver the items to my home. However, I would say, if you buy from amazon or overseas, anything wrong with it or DOA, it is not cost effective to ship it back. You must be prepared to take the risk. I have encountered DOA before. It reached here and it wasn't working. But I know how to repair roomba, so that is ok. If you have DOA roomba, you ship the roomba back to USA, it will cost you $150-$200. There is no Vpost from sing to USA...take note.

Battery is only US$40 now. Price fluatuates. It work out to be $63. Vpost min shipping is S$12. So a batt will cost you S$85 including shipping to your home.

As what albertts said, buy locally is the safer. Gkrobot.com price seems gd. almost the same as what I import from usa. Might as well leave the work to others. At least we are protected if items are faulty. For me, i have fren in USA, so no problem. I can buy from any retailer or distributor.

Great to hear your reply... I was worried as juz instructed my sellers to ship the items to vpostUSA. :yamseng:

Don't worry bro, I use my head to guarantee your roomba will reach you soon. If it doesn't reach, pm me. I tell you what to do ya.

maybe i'm wrong. I was told that if you were to ship only battery to singapore, will have problem. But if it's being shipped with the roomba/scooba, then not a problem.

Personally, still prefer to go through gk robots(much easier, leave the hassle to them :sport-smiley-004: )

I agree with you. Since the gk price is the same as self import price, might as well leave it to them. at least we know the unit is working upon collection.

Don't worry bro, I use my head to guarantee your roomba will reach you soon. If it doesn't reach, pm me. I tell you what to do ya.

Thks sir! I dont need your head! :D just help me & i am most grateful liao... Next time i shall use ComGateway which is cheaper than vpost. I applied n DBS told me it will take 2 to 3 weeks for them to send me the password to proceed to register! Wat a lame service! tis is SG leh! Thot cld use this to save some $ to buy some accessories...

Now eyeing the scooba fr eBay... hope to get a good deal! Ebay bidding is cheaper than iRobot or Amazon but there is a risk which is weighted n hope i am lucky! :drunk:

Thks sir! I dont need your head! :P just help me & i am most grateful liao... Next time i shall use ComGateway which is cheaper than vpost. I applied n DBS told me it will take 2 to 3 weeks for them to send me the password to proceed to register! Wat a lame service! tis is SG leh! Thot cld use this to save some $ to buy some accessories...

Now eyeing the scooba fr eBay... hope to get a good deal! Ebay bidding is cheaper than iRobot or Amazon but there is a risk which is weighted n hope i am lucky! :P

Not cheaper leh...you look at the base charge and additional kgs...compared to vpost...still vpost cheaper.

Bro, all the best for your scooba...u buy from ebay must be careful yah...many rejected units are sold in bulk there. :)

Not cheaper leh...you look at the base charge and additional kgs...compared to vpost...still vpost cheaper.

Bro, all the best for your scooba...u buy from ebay must be careful yah...many rejected units are sold in bulk there. ;)

Hi bro,

The Chgs for Comgateway is:

----------------

Charges

Shipping Charges

Total Shipping Charge = International Shipping Charges + U.S.* Domestic Delivery(if applicable)

Total International Shipping Charge = Base Charge + (Package Fee x no. of packages) + (Weight Charge x total chargeable weight in kg)

Base Charge Package Fee Weight Charge

USD$8.50 No Package Charge 1st and 2nd kg - USD$5.50

Subsequent kg - USD$3.00

Glossary

Base Charge: Amount per delivery to your registered home address.

Package Fee: Cost per package in each delivery.

Weight Charge: Cost per amount of chargeable weight in the delivery.

*Note: Please check the relevant U.S. merchant website for applicable U.S. Domestic Delivery Charges to your U.S. address in Portland.

------------------------

Whereas for Vpost:

Shipping charge is $12.99 + $8.99 per kg based on volumetric weight or actual weight whichever is higher. Volumetric weight is calculated by (Length X Breadth X Height)/366 where the dimensions are in inches; or (Length X Breadth X Height)/6000 where the dimensions are in centimeters.

----------------

For eg. to ship an 8kg iRobot:

ComG: 8.5+5.5*2+3*6=37.5

Vpo: 12.99+8.99*8= 84.91!:P

VPOST is much much expensive!

Oh, shoot, i l'll lose $50+ juz becos the lame DBS processing time for the password! :D !

---

E bay is dangerous place to shop! But the fun is there. juz like going to Jln Besar flea mkt to buy thing, sometime u pay $10 n hv to dump the goods in the bin as it cldn't work (It happend to me) :P . I hv to ask the seller many Q. So far didnt get a scooba yet, only got a discovery for about 180 incl shipmt to vpost.

PRAY for me!:):P

Hi bro,

The Chgs for Comgateway is:

----------------

Charges

Shipping Charges

Total Shipping Charge = International Shipping Charges + U.S.* Domestic Delivery(if applicable)

Total International Shipping Charge = Base Charge + (Package Fee x no. of packages) + (Weight Charge x total chargeable weight in kg)

Base Charge Package Fee Weight Charge

USD$8.50 No Package Charge 1st and 2nd kg - USD$5.50

Subsequent kg - USD$3.00

Glossary

Base Charge: Amount per delivery to your registered home address.

Package Fee: Cost per package in each delivery.

Weight Charge: Cost per amount of chargeable weight in the delivery.

*Note: Please check the relevant U.S. merchant website for applicable U.S. Domestic Delivery Charges to your U.S. address in Portland.

------------------------

Whereas for Vpost:

Shipping charge is $12.99 + $8.99 per kg based on volumetric weight or actual weight whichever is higher. Volumetric weight is calculated by (Length X Breadth X Height)/366 where the dimensions are in inches; or (Length X Breadth X Height)/6000 where the dimensions are in centimeters.

----------------

For eg. to ship an 8kg iRobot:

ComG: 8.5+5.5*2+3*6=37.5

Vpo: 12.99+8.99*8= 84.91!:P

VPOST is much much expensive!

Oh, shoot, i l'll lose $50+ juz becos the lame DBS processing time for the password! :D !

---

E bay is dangerous place to shop! But the fun is there. juz like going to Jln Besar flea mkt to buy thing, sometime u pay $10 n hv to dump the goods in the bin as it cldn't work (It happend to me) :P . I hv to ask the seller many Q. So far didnt get a scooba yet, only got a discovery for about 180 incl shipmt to vpost.

PRAY for me!:);)

bro,comgate in us dollar and vpost in sing dollar. base charge is for first kg.

Where are u getting the battery for US$40? And that includes free ground shipping to yr US address? What special arrangement is there for Vpost to ship to yr home? I've been shipping items from US to my home as well... unless u have special preferential treatment so that they are willing to ship banned items to you. In that case, I would like to take it up with Vpost on this matter.

Where are u getting the battery for US$40? And that includes free ground shipping to yr US address? What special arrangement is there for Vpost to ship to yr home? I've been shipping items from US to my home as well... unless u have special preferential treatment so that they are willing to ship banned items to you. In that case, I would like to take it up with Vpost on this matter.

I believe kohsw88 just did it the normal way. Sent to his VPOST address in US and sent to SG. How I know because I was in the mass order that he organised and I for a FACT know that he did not earn a single cent from the MO. ( I saw ALL the reciepts)

I guess it is up to the individual to weight the cost and risk for buying anything. kohsw88 is just stating the facts according to what he knows.

The batteries that you are ordering from the US supplier..Is it the Original APS batteries from Irobot?

Amazon mah, so it was US$40 2 weeks ago...now US$43, it fluctuates. I only buy roomba or battery from irobot.com. It costs more but gurantee warranty and new. I don't want to buy from ebay cos I kena cheated before, ship used set but claim as new. Furthermore, roomba parts can be easily swapped. You won't be able to tell from the exterior until you open up the roomba. I like to tweak roomba, so when it arrives, my itchy hands will open up the case to see if the motherboad is the same as previous version...I used to buy one brand new scheduler at US$180 and I thought I got a good deal. It shipped here, it packed like retail version. Everything looks good. For layman, you won't know. To my surprise, it was so dusty in the motherboard. Even with hair. I knew I was conned but ok lah, the unit still working like new. Even battery also can do something...you know I know.

I say again, vpost will ship roomba with battery or only battery. The reason being....see the T&C below:

11.5 Prohibited items also include flammable or incendiary goods comprising :

- perfumes / colognes / eau di toilette / fragrance spray

- nail polish / nail polish remover

- spray / aerosol cans / compressed gas cylinders

- fuels / gasoline / gas torches

- lighters with fuel / lighter fluid

- turpentine / paint thinner

- lithium batteries / loose batteries

- lithium batteries contained or pack with equipment

- speakers

- alcohol products / beverages

- flammable / toxic contents products

- cellphones

May I ask you what kind of battery is roomba using? :~ Arguable, bro. If you still think vpost does not deliver battery or roomba, ps take it up with them.

Ktee, when your roomba reach here, pls confirm it. I am sure you will receive it without problem.

I believe kohsw88 just did it the normal way. Sent to his VPOST address in US and sent to SG. How I know because I was in the mass order that he organised and I for a FACT know that he did not earn a single cent from the MO. ( I saw ALL the reciepts)

I guess it is up to the individual to weight the cost and risk for buying anything. kohsw88 is just stating the facts according to what he knows.

The batteries that you are ordering from the US supplier..Is it the Original APS batteries from Irobot?

yo bro, how is ur roomba?

eh...got special arrangement....not in terms of shipping contraband items but more on special delivery arrangment in singapore. :)

Edited by kohsw88