Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

bro,comgate in us dollar and vpost in sing dollar. base charge is for first kg.

Oh, my bad... Recalculate again:

For eg. to ship an 8kg iRobot:

ComG: 8.5*1.5+5.5*1.5*2+3*1.5*6=12.75+16.5+27=56.35

Vpo: 12.99+8.99*8= 84.91.

looks like comg is still cheaper. Oh, base chg is not for 1st kg... it is juz a 'handling' chg.

I read fr another forum tat comG is cheaper, tats why i want to chg... now everythin increase, muz find all good lobang mah! :~

I hope my roomba will not hv hair inside! I dont mind a diamond ring though... : )

Edited by ktee

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

looks like comg is still cheaper. Oh, base chg is not for 1st kg... it is juz a 'handling' chg.

I read fr another forum tat comG is cheaper, tats why i want to chg... now everythin increase, muz find all good lobang mah! :~

I hope my roomba will not hv hair inside! I dont mind a diamond ring though... : )

bro, u try comg, and let me know how flexible it is. For eg, if they failed to deliver the items to your place when you are not home, will they re-deliver without additional cost? any online tracking of shipment? there are some other sensitive things, i will pm you.

bro, you won't know what kind of hair is that hahaha...

I believe kohsw88 just did it the normal way. Sent to his VPOST address in US and sent to SG. How I know because I was in the mass order that he organised and I for a FACT know that he did not earn a single cent from the MO. ( I saw ALL the reciepts)

I guess it is up to the individual to weight the cost and risk for buying anything. kohsw88 is just stating the facts according to what he knows.

The batteries that you are ordering from the US supplier..Is it the Original APS batteries from Irobot?

Y-E-S.

Something i dont quite get it here, a Roomba at 8kg? Should be a whole lot less...

In any case, ComG looks cheaper because (unless its not stated on its site) it does not take volumetric weight into account. The Roomba / Scooba u order from US can be packaged into a big box (amazon did it b4), ending up if u ship via Vpost, the volumetric weight is bigger than the actual weight of the item, hence u end up paying more.

bro, u try comg, and let me know how flexible it is. For eg, if they failed to deliver the items to your place when you are not home, will they re-deliver without additional cost? any online tracking of shipment? there are some other sensitive things, i will pm you.

bro, you won't know what kind of hair is that hahaha...

Will try ComG for my next purchase... but not for now, as gotta wait for DBS to send me the registration info.

OMG!:) If i open and see this, i shall give the guy a big BAD feedback in ebay! :bangwall:

Roomba weights 14lb in std pkg, about 6.36kg.. Hence 8kg is a high estimation. I always estimate high or else my jaw will drop further like :sport-smiley-004:

How did u get 14lbs in std pkg? A sheduler complete in original packaging is 10.6lbs, even factoring a ridiculous 1kg of packing material will not go beyond 6kg tops. You could have gotten a higher weight as Vpost charges by volumetric weight. If ComG doesnt factor volumetric weight, than it'll be a cost effective competitor to Vpost :sport-smiley-003:

Will try ComG for my next purchase... but not for now, as gotta wait for DBS to send me the registration info.

OMG!!! If i open and see this, i shall give the guy a big BAD feedback in ebay! :curse:

Roomba weights 14lb in std pkg, about 6.36kg.. Hence 8kg is a high estimation. I always estimate high or else my jaw will drop further like :jawdrop:

How did u get 14lbs in std pkg? A sheduler complete in original packaging is 10.6lbs, even factoring a ridiculous 1kg of packing material will not go beyond 6kg tops. You could have gotten a higher weight as Vpost charges by volumetric weight. If ComG doesnt factor volumetric weight, than it'll be a cost effective competitor to Vpost :sport-smiley-003:

Good Q! I juz went to iRobot website to check on the discovery... n to my horror:

SPECIFICATIONS

Robot Dimensions: 5.06"H x 20.93"L x 16.74"D

Robot Weight: 13.1 lbs.

Package Weight: 24.9 lbs.

OMG: 25lbs! si liao... !! :jawdrop::curse:

ComG takes volumetric weight into account as well (checked with them) :D! So much for a cheaper alternative to Vpost :notti:

Good Q! I juz went to iRobot website to check on the discovery... n to my horror:

SPECIFICATIONS

Robot Dimensions: 5.06"H x 20.93"L x 16.74"D

Robot Weight: 13.1 lbs.

Package Weight: 24.9 lbs.

OMG: 25lbs! si liao... :P:jawdrop::jawdrop:

ComG takes volumetric weight into account as well (checked with them) :P! So much for a cheaper alternative to Vpost :D

If we compare, ComG is still cheaper than vpost as their rate is cheaper than vpost! Pls see extract from SPUG forum:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aezoh

.......My main gripe with vpost (like most) is the cost. .....Until not too long ago, ComGateway was a great alternative, working out to be 30%-40% cheaper sometimes. But it was rather exclusive, in that you needed to hold either an Amex or Master.

In terms of communication & ease of use, CGW wins too.

&

Posts: 3,877 I've used it about 4-5 times. Great. Highly recommended over vpost.

Link:

http://spug.sg/forums/showthread.php?t=54088&page=6

Dont know true or not, wait til i try out then let u know. Will use it to get my scooba which is heavier! :notti:

Edited by ktee

hi!

sorry to sidetrack a bit.

can anyone tell me if the new discovery roomba has the new swivel castor wheel (black and white colour). Just recently bought one (early July) and found that it has repeatedly scratched my parque floors . The original wheel is all black in colour with 2 pointed ends on both sides.

Is the discovery series still using this wheel?

anyone can help esp those who just bought a new discovery from irobot.

thanks

hi!

sorry to sidetrack a bit.

can anyone tell me if the new discovery roomba has the new swivel castor wheel (black and white colour). Just recently bought one (early July) and found that it has repeatedly scratched my parque floors . The original wheel is all black in colour with 2 pointed ends on both sides.

Is the discovery series still using this wheel?

anyone can help esp those who just bought a new discovery from irobot.

thanks

Not all come with swivel caster wheel. irobot made alot of the fixed caster wheel. If you are "lucky", you get swivel caster wheel. You can't choose when you buy roomba from them. Recently I bought quite a few of the roomba from irobot for my friends in this forum, only those 4260 come with caster wheel. The discovery all come with fixed wheels.

There are cases that swivel caster wheel do scratch the floor. In fact, your parquet will be scratched even if you walk on them...cos there is a layer of wax.

Hi guys

Found this track by accident.

I am interested in the ROOMBA. Is there any MO ? :)

bro, i just replied to the pm you sent to me. As mentioned, my mo period has over. You may wana import yourself (by reading the posts here you shld be able to do it yourself) or you can buy from gkrobots as suggested by some here.

Just to share with you that if the robot reach here dead, you have to ship it back and you have to pay for the shipping. It will cost you $200+ to ship to back to irobot. I hope that helps ya :dunno:

I saw Roomba Sage at GK web. Is it good? Anyone tried before?

http://www.gkrobots.com/shop/roomba/index.html

I dunno if I should get from them.

Actually sage, discovery and scheduler are all the SAME! :sport-smiley-004:

The higher end models, discovery or scheduler, come with more accesories. The more you pay, the more you get. But ask yourself whether you need them...all voice down to budget. :notti:

Edited by kohsw88

Hi guys

Found this track by accident.

I am interested in the ROOMBA. Is there any MO ? :thumbs up:

I'm interested in a MO too. PM me if there's any one coming. Thanks!