Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

hi, maybe you all can try getting from gkrobots

http://www.gkrobots.com/

I've gotten my from them. Tried their free 3days demo and was totally impressed with it, i got the Roomba Scheduler. I have a jack russel at home and trust me, this robot really cleans well. You'll be shock at the amount of hair, dust, fur that it picks up in one go.

GK Robots get their product direct from US, but then, their power adapter is configured for local wattage, so basically just bring back home and use immediately.

Those who are keen, i would strongly recommend ask for the 3day free trial. You'll be impressed by this machine.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi, maybe you all can try getting from gkrobots

http://www.gkrobots.com/

I've gotten my from them. Tried their free 3days demo and was totally impressed with it, i got the Roomba Scheduler. I have a jack russel at home and trust me, this robot really cleans well. You'll be shock at the amount of hair, dust, fur that it picks up in one go.

GK Robots get their product direct from US, but then, their power adapter is configured for local wattage, so basically just bring back home and use immediately.

Those who are keen, i would strongly recommend ask for the 3day free trial. You'll be impressed by this machine.

so they selling roomba vc, how abt the warranty?

Edited by cookie

they provide 14days warranty. If you need longer warranty period, you could actually purchase it.

But i would say, irobot quite durable. If we maintain it well, shouldn't see the need to get additional warranty. Just make sure we empty the bin faithfully, clean up the brushes every 1-2mths or so, i don't see the machine failing on us (unless we ever accidentally drop it, etc)

Thank you for the sharing... the price for the Scooba 5800 is very attractive... might ask for the demo before purchase...

indeed, the scooba price really attractive. almost half of what you'll pay in major stores such as courts. GKrobots don't do home trials for their scooba unlike their roomba.

may you could try to see if they do do demos then.

5800 unlike 5900, you could opt to use water instead of the costly clorox solution(cost about $25 per 32oz)

Oh... U mean I can't have the demo on scooba ??

Actually I am looking at what is the different between 5800 and 5900... so 5800 can just use water ?? why 5900 can't ??

Heard that scooba must use the clorox solution ... no other subsituation...

Edited by HSH21

5800 - can use water / clorox

5900 - can use vinegar / clorox but not water.

According to GK Robots, it's something to do with the density of the liquid which will be detected by 5900, thus water won't work.

Ya, there should be no demo for scooba, but maybe you can special enquire from them

Can someone tell me if one of these will fall off stairs? Or does it have a sensor, and is smart enough to know to avoid stairs.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Can someone tell me if one of these will fall off stairs? Or does it have a sensor, and is smart enough to know to avoid stairs.

Some of these have got 'sensors' that you can place around the house to demarcate the cleaning area. I believe there should be more than 1 set of these markers in the package. Other uses for these markers include marking out the part of the house/room to avoid but do not have an in-built barrier.

Edited by pencil

i realised iRobot is overpriced here, and unfortunately, it can't wipe the corner effectively....

Went to Tangs and saw many new OEM brands, all $100+ only nia.....

irobot does comes with sensor, if it detects a step down or something, it will be smart enough to avoid the area.

hi,

you might want to try and contact gkrobots and enquire on the model that you're looking for. Maybe they could help bring in that model for me.

enquiry@gkrobots.com

I enquired too, because i wanted to get the intellibin version for pets and was quoted by that that they will help get in the model that i want. But in the end, i tried out their demo version, and found that the scheduler version is more than enough for my needs

I am interested in the Scooba. But why is there only the basic model sold locally?

I am interested in the Scooba. But why is there only the basic model sold locally?

Hi Chunky monkey,

I am the guy selling the scooba (used for 1 time only), got it together with the rest during the last mass buy. it is the same as the robot selling in gkrobot for $638 now.

Total cost about $600+ everything in, including the shipping. (Extra 3 bottles of clorox worth $75 which i am giving it away FOC which i buy extra not in original package), my model is capable of using vinegar and plain water and extended battery life.

i letting it go for $500 (final price, non neg)... i only used it for that one time when i took delivery. (can check my original 8 oz clorox level and the brand new condition it is in, nicely packed in original box and already mod by our bro koh here)

if interested please email me @ weevenge@gmail.com with your contacts etc

thank you

Edited by weevenge

Sorry to borrow this thread as I'm collecting a M.O. For Roomba and Scooba batteries at hardwarezone. Since Vpost no longer ships batteries, I've been getting Roomba APS batteries from a US supplier. Details as follows for those who may be interested:

1) Brand New Roomba APS battery : S$105/ea (inclusive of shipping and handling)

2) Brand New Scooba battery: S$140/ea (inclusive of shipping and handling)

Warranty: 3 months from US supplier

Delivery: 7/8 days from order

I've ordered a first batch of batteries from the supplier and all turned out ok. Service is prompt and batteries are new and in good condition. Now helping a friend who missed the first order. I'm now short of a few orders to make a total qty of 10pcs (in which there'll be a further discount 4 everyone). So, interested parties pls email yr contact to rubikx3@hotmail.com. Orders will be closing by this wkend. Thks!