Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

mine is the 4320, blue one...strange, i did not receive any PM from u...

oh...i pm you after i received your pm...anyway, can you open up the grey charger? there are four screws behind the charger(hidden below the rubber stud). Unscrew them and take a photo of the circuit and send to me. I think your varistor (blue color) is in black color now :) cos you put 240V to a 110V charger. Your pico fuse and yellow cap block also need to change. These few components are very near to each other. To mod your charger to suit local use, you need to change the 47uf 200V capacitor to 47uf 400V capacitor. I hope it helps.

Cheers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Compare scooba and rooba, i still like roomba. It is **** effective. Yes, it is a good vacuum. You will be surprised how effective it is. Everytime you clear your roomba's dustbin, you will know how dusty and dirty your house is.

Yes... Yes... this is how I feel everytime I empty the dust box... may be the normal vaccum clearer also can do that.. but I don't check the dust bag after I vaccum...

But scooba is to mop floor only right ?? I was told that we suppose to use the rooba to vaccum the floor before we mop it...

If I am not wrong, your red roomba 4110 comes with standard 7hrs charger (black in color).

U mean it only need to charge for 7 hrs ? may be I off it too long before the 1st charge...

Edited by HSH21

My 2 cents worth on robot vacuum...

I tried Roomba, Karcher and Electrolux Trilobite ver 1.0 (now there is ver 2.). Roomba is still the best in terms of price and overall functions/features. However, roomba bumps onto walls and furnitures. Some ppl worry that it might scratch the furniture. I don't see this a problem...anybody can verify?

Hi kohsw88,

what's your view on the Karcher one? Thanks! :)

Yes... Yes... this is how I feel everytime I empty the dust box... may be the normal vaccum clearer also can do that.. but I don't check the dust bag after I vaccum...

But scooba is to mop floor only right ?? I was told that we suppose to use the rooba to vaccum the floor before we mop it...

U mean it only need to charge for 7 hrs ? may be I off it too long before the 1st charge...

Yes...you still have to use roomba to vacuum before you use scooba. If you don't like the feeling of wet floor after mopping, then scooba is not for you. I would say that it is good for toilets and kitchen. Very clean...the dirty water is very dark...haha..this show how dirty is my house.

if you are using std charger, yes, you just need to charge for 7 hrs. As what roomba manual said, you need to keep the batt charge most of the time. :D

Hi kohsw88,

what's your view on the Karcher one? Thanks! :P

Karcher RC3000 is the only robot now able to automatically empties the dirt using the base station. My friend bought one from USA and he is UNhappy with it. First, the base station is very big....bigger than the robot. It takes up alot of space. No choice right, cos the base station suppose to collect the dirt from the vacuum. 2nd, it is weak in picking up dirt compared to roomba and trilobite (900W!:yamseng:). 3rd, it gets stuck more often than roomba. If you buy the earlier version of roomba, it behaves exactly like karcher. The newer model of roomba like 4230 and 4260 scheduler are better. It comes with swivel front caster wheel which help the robot to untangle when stuck. Finally, the price is USD1300...sing$ 2k+..would u buy one? I can buy 5 roombas from USA...

Cheers.

Karcher RC3000 is the only robot now able to automatically empties the dirt using the base station. My friend bought one from USA and he is UNhappy with it. First, the base station is very big....bigger than the robot. It takes up alot of space. No choice right, cos the base station suppose to collect the dirt from the vacuum. 2nd, it is weak in picking up dirt compared to roomba and trilobite (900W!:D). 3rd, it gets stuck more often than roomba. If you buy the earlier version of roomba, it behaves exactly like karcher. The newer model of roomba like 4230 and 4260 scheduler are better. It comes with swivel front caster wheel which help the robot to untangle when stuck. Finally, the price is USD1300...sing$ 2k+..would u buy one? I can buy 5 roombas from USA...

Cheers.

er...help me ask your friend if he wants to sell his?

i don't mind a 2nd hand unit.....lol...just kidding :yamseng:

er...help me ask your friend if he wants to sell his?

i don't mind a 2nd hand unit.....lol...just kidding :yamseng:

Hey, serious, he wants to get rid of it. If you are keen, pm me your email address or no. i ask him to contact you. Anyway, the unit was purchased in states and there is no international warranty. It is about 2yrs old... :)

mine is the 4320, blue one...strange, i did not receive any PM from u...

I PM you again. Don't know if you get it. If you can't open up the charger, I will help you next week. Unscrew it is not my expertise :yamseng:

I PM you again. Don't know if you get it. If you can't open up the charger, I will help you next week. Unscrew it is not my expertise :yamseng:

Still trying to open and please contact me if u are in sin next wk. appreciate your help....frankly, i have not receive any PM from u until now... :)

oh...i pm you after i received your pm...anyway, can you open up the grey charger? there are four screws behind the charger(hidden below the rubber stud). Unscrew them and take a photo of the circuit and send to me. I think your varistor (blue color) is in black color now :yamseng: cos you put 240V to a 110V charger. Your pico fuse and yellow cap block also need to change. These few components are very near to each other. To mod your charger to suit local use, you need to change the 47uf 200V capacitor to 47uf 400V capacitor. I hope it helps.

Cheers.

Hi kohsw88, u are right. the blue turn black and the yellow block also slightly black...can u let me know your email address so that i can send the picture to u? thanks.

Hi kohsw88, u are right. the blue turn black and the yellow block also slightly black...can u let me know your email address so that i can send the picture to u? thanks.

walau...why my pm don't work? I pm you two times...sigh..

anyway, email me at kohsw88@gmail.com.

ok, for your charger, VR1 (blue varistor) need to be removed (no replacement required), change the yellow cap, change the pico fuse (round black component near to VR1) and 47uf cap to 400W or higher. It costs less than $10.

Sorry, if this forum becomes too technical. Cheers.

Lek,

While waiting for me to come back, can you go Sim Lim Tower to buy the following components:

1. 47uf 400 v capacitor

2. 1.6A 250V PCB fuse or pico fuse

3. bring your charger and show them the yellow cap block. Ask them to give you the same rating component.

For all these items, you can go to #B1-28. Pico fuse is rare, only this shop sells. For item 1 and 3, it should be available everywhere in Sim Lim. Sim Lim tower hor, not square. :jawdrop:

If you see any other black color or "Chow Tar" on the rest of the components, pls let me know. But I think unlikely cos the VR1 and fuse are supposed to protect the surge :(

I will contact you when I come back. I can help u to solder these components. My service charge...one cup of Ya Kun coffee :notti:

Cheers.

Lek,

While waiting for me to come back, can you go Sim Lim Tower to buy the following components:

1. 47uf 400 v capacitor

2. 1.6A 250V PCB fuse or pico fuse

3. bring your charger and show them the yellow cap block. Ask them to give you the same rating component.

For all these items, you can go to #B1-28. Pico fuse is rare, only this shop sells. For item 1 and 3, it should be available everywhere in Sim Lim. Sim Lim tower hor, not square. :jawdrop:

If you see any other black color or "Chow Tar" on the rest of the components, pls let me know. But I think unlikely cos the VR1 and fuse are supposed to protect the surge :(

I will contact you when I come back. I can help u to solder these components. My service charge...one cup of Ya Kun coffee :notti:

Cheers.

no problem bro...kopi plus lodi.....on me...I will try to get those stuffs. by the way for item 3, what is the rating? Can't see clearly...

Edited by lek

walau...why my pm don't work? I pm you two times...sigh..

anyway, email me at kohsw88@gmail.com.

ok, for your charger, VR1 (blue varistor) need to be removed (no replacement required), change the yellow cap, change the pico fuse (round black component near to VR1) and 47uf cap to 400W or higher. It costs less than $10.

Sorry, if this forum becomes too technical. Cheers.

just email to u thks...

no problem bro...kopi plus lodi.....on me...I will try to get those stuffs. by the way for item 3, what is the rating? Can't see clearly...

I can't remember cos I never replaced that component. You just bring your charger to the shop, the uncle there will use a magnifying glass to peep at your yellow block. They are able to tell...Cheers.

I can't remember cos I never replaced that component. You just bring your charger to the shop, the uncle there will use a magnifying glass to peep at your yellow block. They are able to tell...Cheers.

Hi

I am also interested to purchase a Roomba. Went to check the US website and I think i maybe getting the

iRobot® Roomba® Scheduler Vacuuming Robot with Intelli-Bin™

p3092930t130.jpg

Not sure if you are able to help with my queries..

Is this a good model?

If I get those AC-DC converter from Homefix DIY store can I use it on the adaptor? Or would a step down adaptor work?

Thanks a Mil :)

Edited by Surge