Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

It will stop when battery flat... or "time out"... for battery flat U must recharge it... "time out" just to press the clean button again ....

Which sensor U are referring to ?? I use it for about a year already... I got some of the spare parts... so far only changed the Brush... the filter not yet change...

It makes use of the sensor to detect its surrounding, thus if it brushes along furniture, etc, it will scratch the sensor. cos my collegue says he needs to wipe the sensor as it tends to be dusty and scratches. not so effective now and he is using it for 2 years.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

I am also interested to purchase a Roomba. Went to check the US website and I think i maybe getting the

iRobot® Roomba® Scheduler Vacuuming Robot with Intelli-Bin™

p3092930t130.jpg

Not sure if you are able to help with my queries..

Is this a good model?

If I get those AC-DC converter from Homefix DIY store can I use it on the adaptor? Or would a step down adaptor work?

Thanks a Mil :sport-smiley-004:

I am using this model now :dancingqueen:. This is 4260. Basically it has additional intell-bin feature compare to model 4230 (blue color). Other than that, everything is the same. I think the intell-bin is useful but usually I don't wait until the bin is full then I clear it. I clear it every 3-4 vacuum. Most important thing in this model or 4230 comes with swivel caster wheel. You don't want the roomba to scratch your floor.

If you buy from US, then you are getting the 110v APS (3hrs) charger. It is recommended to use irobot charger cos the charging circuit was designed to charge your APS batt(yellow) to its max. If you do not want to mod your charger to 240V, you can buy a NEWSTAR 230/240V (input) to 110V transformer. Buy the transformer with 100W rating. It costs around S$20. I recommend you to mod the charger, save the hassle of having big transformer next to the homebase. Just buy few components I mentioned in my previous posts and solder them. :)

Cheers.

It makes use of the sensor to detect its surrounding, thus if it brushes along furniture, etc, it will scratch the sensor. cos my collegue says he needs to wipe the sensor as it tends to be dusty and scratches. not so effective now and he is using it for 2 years.

There are touch sensors and cliff sensors. touch sensors (behind bumper) will activate when roomba bump into furnitures or walls and cliff sensors (below the bumper) are to detect steps to prevent roomba from falling off. As time goes by, wear and tear are unavoidable. Make sure you clean your cliff sensors (over time, it will be covered by dust) before your roomba falling off steps.....

I am using this model now :D. This is 4260. Basically it has additional intell-bin feature compare to model 4230 (blue color). Other than that, everything is the same. I think the intell-bin is useful but usually I don't wait until the bin is full then I clear it. I clear it every 3-4 vacuum. Most important thing in this model or 4230 comes with swivel caster wheel. You don't want the roomba to scratch your floor.

If you buy from US, then you are getting the 110v APS (3hrs) charger. It is recommended to use irobot charger cos the charging circuit was designed to charge your APS batt(yellow) to its max. If you do not want to mod your charger to 240V, you can buy a NEWSTAR 230/240V (input) to 110V transformer. Buy the transformer with 100W rating. It costs around S$20. I recommend you to mod the charger, save the hassle of having big transformer next to the homebase. Just buy few components I mentioned in my previous posts and solder them. :~

Cheers.

There are touch sensors and cliff sensors. touch sensors (behind bumper) will activate when roomba bump into furnitures or walls and cliff sensors (below the bumper) are to detect steps to prevent roomba from falling off. As time goes by, wear and tear are unavoidable. Make sure you clean your cliff sensors (over time, it will be covered by dust) before your roomba falling off steps.....

Thanks for your response. Seems like its defitely feasible to buy this from the USA.

Unfortunately I know nuts about electricals or soldering so that option is out for me :D

Thanks for your response. Seems like its defitely feasible to buy this from the USA.

Unfortunately I know nuts about electricals or soldering so that option is out for me :D

Same for me here... :~

Is there any electrical shops out there willing to do this for a small fee?? :D

I called local reseller few months back, they don't even sell 4260. The 4230 quoted $1.2K. That is alot of $. Actually you can bring your charger to Sim Lim Tower and ask the shop there to help you solder:

1. Replace 47uf @ 200V to 47uf @ 400V

2. Replace pico fuse 1.6A 250V.

You just mentioned the above and they will know what you are talking about. Or I can help you with a service charge of a cup of coffee. :~

Same for me here... :~

Is there any electrical shops out there willing to do this for a small fee?? :D

Why not both of you buy together and I mod both chargers at the same time? It is less than 15mins job. So I have two cup of kopi haha.....

Don't buy from irobot direct though, I think if you have vpost account, you can buy from amazon. It is slightly cheaper. irobot doesn't ship direct. I hope local reseller doesn't read this forum, if not, they will be very agitated.. :~

Try to get buy some filters for spares...

I called local reseller few months back, they don't even sell 4260. The 4230 quoted $1.2K. That is alot of $. Actually you can bring your charger to Sim Lim Tower and ask the shop there to help you solder:

1. Replace 47uf @ 200V to 47uf @ 400V

2. Replace pico fuse 1.6A 250V.

You just mentioned the above and they will know what you are talking about. Or I can help you with a service charge of a cup of coffee. :~

Why not both of you buy together and I mod both chargers at the same time? It is less than 15mins job. So I have two cup of kopi haha.....

Don't buy from irobot direct though, I think if you have vpost account, you can buy from amazon. It is slightly cheaper. irobot doesn't ship direct. I hope local reseller doesn't read this forum, if not, they will be very agitated.. :~

Try to get buy some filters for spares...

Thanks Kohsw88 for your kind offer. I think I will take it up :D

Not only coffee...rotiprata or murtabak I also buy for you :~

I will check out the price at amazon and compare compare. I have a VPOST account so that is not a problem.I may want to save on the shipping though...as I have a friend in the US who is coming back in Aug so I may tongbang him to bring back. Or maybe even ask him to send back if I cannot wait :(

Can you PM your number so I can contact you.

Thank you so Much :D

Thanks Kohsw88 for your kind offer. I think I will take it up :D

I will check out the price at amazon and compare compare. I have a VPOST account so that is not a problem.I may want to save on the shipping though...as I have a friend in the US who is coming back in Aug so I may tongbang him to bring back. Or maybe even ask him to send back if I cannot wait :~

Just PM you....ship one roomba back to sing using VPOST is S$50-$55. oh...i juz received your sms :~

Thanks Kohsw88 for your kind offer. I think I will take it up :~

I will check out the price at amazon and compare compare. I have a VPOST account so that is not a problem.I may want to save on the shipping though...as I have a friend in the US who is coming back in Aug so I may tongbang him to bring back. Or maybe even ask him to send back if I cannot wait :~

Hey, count me in also! Surge can I tongpang your vpost account? Do contact me at 81883355 and see how we can get this deal thru.

Not sure if you can get a better deal when you buy two sets...hehe...anyway, Surge will get the rotiprata and murtabak, for me can be nasi padang or mee goreng also no problem! Small token for a big favour done... :D

Same for me here... :(

Is there any electrical shops out there willing to do this for a small fee?? :~

Hi Zirhk,

Since we are going to be futue neighbours so should not be a problem :~ (My unit is at blk91)

Are you interested to get a unit? However I maybe waiting till Aug when my friend is back to ask him to bring back. But i also gian already so see what my better half says.. However my unit not even get keys yet. :D

I have a stack of stuff we have been buying and it getting higher and higher in my room. :D Soon I cannot even walk in my room :~

Anyways we can discuss how to do this :) I love getting new gadgets :(

Cheers

Edited by Surge

Hi Zirhk,

Since we are going to be futue neighbours so should not be a problem :D (My unit is at blk91)

Are you interested to get a unit? However I maybe waiting till Aug when my friend is back to ask him to bring back.

Cheers

Oh sorry I didn't read properly... Aug can, no problem. My flat would not be done with reno until end-June earliest, anyway - price might be cheaper then...

Do keep my number ya? Give me a ring when the time comes...

Oh sorry I didn't read properly... Aug can, no problem. My flat would not be done with reno until end-June earliest, anyway - price might be cheaper then...

Do keep my number ya? Give me a ring when the time comes...

Can PM me your num here.. then I can lock it away in my PMs..

too many forums very hard to keep track :D

Oh yeah..which model you interested in? let me do some web surfing to see whether we can get some good deals

Edited by Surge

Can PM me your num here.. then I can lock it away in my PMs..

too many forums very hard to keep track :D

Oh yeah..which model you interested in? let me do some web surfing to see whether we can get some good deals

Sorry ah, I just stumbled onto this thread, got excited when u guys want to group buy and didn't read properly! But I am definitely going to get one, cuz when I first saw it I thought it was a wonderful invention...

I will go read up and let u know again...maybe can exchange pointers after that, see if can find any reviews or such...

BTW I just pm u and kohsw88 - we keep in touch ya? :D

Edited by zirhk3355

Lek,

While waiting for me to come back, can you go Sim Lim Tower to buy the following components:

1. 47uf 400 v capacitor

2. 1.6A 250V PCB fuse or pico fuse

3. bring your charger and show them the yellow cap block. Ask them to give you the same rating component.

For all these items, you can go to #B1-28. Pico fuse is rare, only this shop sells. For item 1 and 3, it should be available everywhere in Sim Lim. Sim Lim tower hor, not square. :D

If you see any other black color or "Chow Tar" on the rest of the components, pls let me know. But I think unlikely cos the VR1 and fuse are supposed to protect the surge :D

I will contact you when I come back. I can help u to solder these components. My service charge...one cup of Ya Kun coffee :~

Cheers.

Sir, is this good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...atchlink:top:us

This is a refurnished or so called remanufactured roomba at 50% cheaper than the newer unit. Usually the unit is scheduler but the exterior could be white (discovery), grey (4225) or blue (4230). :D

I have also purchased refurnished units before with no issues...but make sure you can take risks...cos once ship here and it is DOA (dead on arrival), you have to ship back which cost you a bomb on shipping.

I have bought many robots for friends and so far no issues...try it...

Edited by kohsw88