Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
More than 1 hour... let me time it this Sat.... usually for the 1st charge ...I use it to clean my MBR, both the children's room, the kitchen....for the 2nd charge.. I only clean my living...

Mine is about an hr i think after charging...but, seems like not maximising the performance. You just place in the room and press "clean"? And then it will stop after mission complete right?

anyone has problem with the sensor over long period of cleaning? How many years have you been using it? I hear that maintance is a hard nut, need to spend $$ to get replacement filter and battery and such.

anyone has problem with the sensor over long period of cleaning? How many years have you been using it? I hear that maintance is a hard nut, need to spend $$ to get replacement filter and battery and such.

I was interested after reading this posting and gave them a call.

Here is what i gathered

Roomba Red $398 w gst

-Most basic model

-manual charging

-no home base

-no remote control

Roomba Discovery $738 w get (promo$698)

-Auto charging with Home base

-2 Virtual wall

-1 remote control

Roomba Scheduler $898w get (promo $798)

-all fucntions of discovery and Red

-can schedule time when you want unit to clean

Scooba $1298 w gst (promo $1098)

-comes with virtual wall

-no scheduler

-mopping system

All come with 1 year warranty

Can view at

Blk 34 Upper Cross Street #04-138

Singapore 050034

65-65323733

Weekends

Tampines Courts

And then it will stop after mission complete right?

It will stop when battery flat... or "time out"... for battery flat U must recharge it... "time out" just to press the clean button again ....

Which sensor U are referring to ?? I use it for about a year already... I got some of the spare parts... so far only changed the Brush... the filter not yet change...

Edited by HSH21

1st Charge for 15 hrs... use for 1.5 hrs... then charge for 6 hrs (not sure could it be shorter because I went out for dinner)... use for 1.5 hrs again..

My 2 cents worth on robot vacuum...

I tried Roomba, Karcher and Electrolux Trilobite ver 1.0 (now there is ver 2.). Roomba is still the best in terms of price and overall functions/features. However, roomba bumps onto walls and furnitures. Some ppl worry that it might scratch the furniture. I don't see this a problem...anybody can verify?

I started using roomba since 2005. Since then, I have been playing around with it. Mob and tweak it. I never bought from local shop because they marked up too much. At least 100% more. If you order from irobot usa, they will not ship here. You can try if you have doubt. This is to protect local distributor. If you have friends in USA, you can ask them for help.

You guys mentioned about the 110v charger. For charger, there are two types. One is Standard 7hrs charger (black in color) and the other is 3hrs APS charger(grey in color). Both charger can be modified to 220/230 V to suit our local use. If you know how to use soldering iron or have some knowledge of electronics stuffs like capacitors, varistors etc, I can teach you how to mod it. Just email me kohsw88@gmail.com. Basically just replace capacitors, varistors and pico fuse. These components cost less than S$10 and I have mod mine many months back. No problems at all. If you are not electronics trained, pls do not do this!:dribble: It may burnt the rest of the components and you have to replace the whole charger. Remember to keep your battery charged all the time although it is fully charged. It will prolong the battery life. Trust me.

For those who are thinking of buying, make sure you buy the newer roomba with front swivel castor wheel. Older models don't come with caster wheel and it may scratch your flooring. So remember, buy those with swivel front wheels!

As for scooba, go for model 5800. It is effective but it is a bit wet after mopping. I used it for toilets and kitchens. As all of you are expert in laminating flooring, you know that laminate flooring "afraid" of water. If it too wet, ur laminate floor might warp. My friends used it on laminate flooring but no issues....so i leave it to you to try.

Compare scooba and rooba, i still like roomba. It is **** effective. Yes, it is a good vacuum. You will be surprised how effective it is. Everytime you clear your roomba's dustbin, you will know how dusty and dirty your house is.

Hope that helps! Cheers. :good:

Edited by kohsw88

My 2 cents worth on robot vacuum...

I tried Roomba, Karcher and Electrolux Trilobite ver 1.0 (now there is ver 2.). Roomba is still the best in terms of price and overall functions/features. However, roomba bumps onto walls and furnitures. Some ppl worry that it might scratch the furniture. I don't see this a problem...anybody can verify?

I started using roomba since 2005. Since then, I have been playing around with it. Mob and tweak it. I never bought from local shop because they marked up too much. At least 100% more. If you order from irobot usa, they will not ship here. You can try if you have doubt. This is to protect local distributor. If you have friends in USA, you can ask them for help.

You guys mentioned about the 110v charger. For charger, there are two types. One is Standard 7hrs charger (black in color) and the other is 3hrs APS charger(grey in color). Both charger can be modified to 220/230 V to suit our local use. If you know how to use soldering iron or have some knowledge of electronics stuffs like capacitors, varistors etc, I can teach you how to mod it. Just email me kohsw88@gmail.com. Basically just replace capacitors, varistors and pico fuse. These components cost less than S$10 and I have mod mine many months back. No problems at all. If you are not electronics trained, pls do not do this!:dribble: It may burnt the rest of the components and you have to replace the whole charger. Remember to keep your battery charged all the time although it is fully charged. It will prolong the battery life. Trust me.

For those who are thinking of buying, make sure you buy the newer roomba with front swivel castor wheel. Older models don't come with caster wheel and it may scratch your flooring. So remember, buy those with swivel front wheels!

As for scooba, go for model 5800. It is effective but it is a bit wet after mopping. I used it for toilets and kitchens. As all of you are expert in laminating flooring, you know that laminate flooring "afraid" of water. If it too wet, ur laminate floor might warp. My friends used it on laminate flooring but no issues....so i leave it to you to try.

Compare scooba and rooba, i still like roomba. It is **** effective. Yes, it is a good vacuum. You will be surprised how effective it is. Everytime you clear your roomba's dustbin, you will know how dusty and dirty your house is.

Hope that helps! Cheers. 8|

you are the one.....I just PM you, probably need your help to mod my "grey" charger... :good:

1st Charge for 15 hrs... use for 1.5 hrs... then charge for 6 hrs (not sure could it be shorter because I went out for dinner)... use for 1.5 hrs again..

no matter how long i charged, max is about 70min i think...still thinking whether is it problem with my universal charger... :D

you are the one.....I just PM you, probably need your help to mod my "grey" charger... :dribble:

no matter how long i charged, max is about 70min i think...still thinking whether is it problem with my universal charger... :good:

oh...i just pm you as well....

Which model of roomba you have? Scheduler 4230 (blue) or 4260 (black)? or Discovery series (white color)? my roomba batt last 2hrs+! I never let it off the homebase and always charged. Do not use universal charger, cos the charging circuit is different. I can mod ur irobot grey charger but have to wait until next week. I am in KL now. Coming back singapore next monday. Cheers.

The RED Robot that help to sweep my floor... the problem is it can't reach the corner...

redfamilypx4.th.jpg

Still considering whether to get this to mop the floor...

moprp3.th.jpg

The white color scooba model 5900 has already end of life. Now irobot sells 5800 and 3 series.

I only charge it one day before use... normally I will on it on Friday's night... I will use it on the next morning ... sat... but U know the battery will go flat... I will let it charges for few hours again.. till the light turns green... I will use it again till it flat... then the next cycle repeats...

If I am not wrong, your red roomba 4110 comes with standard 7hrs charger (black in color).