Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
squaretile

Standing Fan

Hi all...

Anyone kind enough to share where you bought your standing fan from? We are thinking of buying two, one of dining area, one for study room. Ventilation is quite good but need breeze.

Our theme is black, white and grey, so wondering if got a nicer looking fan that is black?

Which brand is good?

thanks!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all...

Anyone kind enough to share where you bought your standing fan from? We are thinking of buying two, one of dining area, one for study room. Ventilation is quite good but need breeze.

Our theme is black, white and grey, so wondering if got a nicer looking fan that is black?

Which brand is good?

thanks!!

when my husband buy fan. he will test these

1. how powerful is the wind

2. what is the size? at least 16" , 18" is the best but more expensive and not much choice

3. has timer feature

4. not noisy when turn on the highest powerful

I had 2 fans. 1 brought during Robinson Expo sale. Another one from Courts.

colour is not our concern. Just don't want be too ugly can liao.. :jawdrop:

TDK? If I didn't remember the brand wrongly... it's a lao zhi hao. But more expensive than the other brands. I like the base of the 16" fans, very small but steady.

thanks guys..

yesterday i went courts to looksee, mistral seems best value for money.... MSF 40-4R for $128, MSF 160R- GY for $139. These are the ones with remote control. Those without, they even have $70 one. think about 16' to 18'.

I dun need timer cos not for bedroom.... TDK is video brand oso right? i saw some KDK, which is the brand of my ceiling fans. very happy with ceiling fans, no regrets not settling for cheaper brand cos those very noisy.

hiyah... think will keep searching.

If me, I choose National or KDK.

Last year choose Toshiba with remote, use 1 year only => spoilt.

Whereas my old National fan, use 10 years, still working fine.

I think those manual button (on-off, speed mode) more reliable than those using remote-control.

Made sure when the fan swing left-right, no noise.

If me, I choose National or KDK.

Last year choose Toshiba with remote, use 1 year only => spoilt.

Whereas my old National fan, use 10 years, still working fine.

I think those manual button (on-off, speed mode) more reliable than those using remote-control.

Made sure when the fan swing left-right, no noise.

thanks - you mean screeching noise cos of the metal friction right?

cos some fans are noisier than others cos the fan blades whirr very loud. something abt how the blades are designed i guess.

yah we prob get manual button only, although those with remote also have manual rite? remote is just extra...

I dun need timer cos not for bedroom.... TDK is video brand oso right? i saw some KDK, which is the brand of my ceiling fans. very happy with ceiling fans, no regrets not settling for cheaper brand cos those very noisy.

Oops sorry, is KDK :yamseng: I tried out Mistral at Courts, they tend to vibrate a lot when turned to max power. Saleslady said KDK is brother of another brand, design look almost the same, but can't remember what it is... :yamseng: It's abt 20 bucks cheaper and she said works the same. If you happen to go Taka Best Denki, just find KDK first and you'll spot the other brand next to it.

we got a rowenta silver color standing fan. not bad, quiet enuff but yet not weak.

KDK and National is still the best, reliable, strong and quiet.

Whatever it is, dun buy those cheap fans in NTUC or Carrefour that comes in a box, breakdown easily.

KDk is the best.. powerful and reliable.. !!

yah we went best denki and the salesman said that kdk helps panasonic to make their fans now, so design very familiar. almost the same look, totally same functions, but kdk sells their model for $30-50 more. both made in malaysia.

thinking of getting kdk without remote control, cos dun really need.

Best Dxxx got offer ? Tot those shop ex... :X

Yeah, remote control not really needed for HDB size.

Maybe get the Timer if have, sometime at nite, u get programme it to power off.

How abt the GAZZ fan ? any1 got used b4 ?

At first I thought of getting the KDK standing fan but seeing my hubby still sweating the past few nites even when the fan was on made us realised that the standing fan won't be powerful enough. Should i get those tower fan instead? They seem quite strong and cooling. :wub:

Tower fan is less strong than standing fan. U can try Mistral brand (exp but strong).

Yah, dun get tower fan. good to see, lousy to use.

for sleeping, ceiling fan is the best. our ceiling fan macham aircon! shiok.

mistral brand is much cheaper than kdk actually. but k*ng T*i doesn't carry it. thinking of buying from them, since got free delivery too. but they never return my call on kdk price yet. cheh.