Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yc_mw

Floor Plan for Landed

Before the sale of cos nice la. Once sign already pattern all come out. Unfortunately if the date is put down in black and white, there’s nothing you can do about it. Just take is as a lesson learnt. 

my taking over was also almost 6 months as we granted the sellers 12 weeks extended stay rent free. But at least we managed to negotiate for a lower price in lieu of the extension and the sellers are ok with us to get surveyors in to perform the topo survey as well as visit the house another few times. But we were also mindful about visiting too many times to disturb them as well

anyway, when you take over, make sure to do a through inspection of the house and make sure it is handed over in the condition agreed upon. Get the property agent to be around as well to witness the handing/taking over

Edited by snoozee

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
9 hours ago, Troubled123 said:

Hi all, I’m having the same headache. Seller refuses to authorize the release of floor plan… 

is there really no other way to appeal to BCA?

nope. only owners or the authorised party by owner can purchase the floor plan. the only way is for you to wait until the sale and purchase is completed and the title deed of the land in SLA records shows your name

A smart decision, in this case, might be to get a lawyer. Did you do so or not? I am not that good with financial and juridical business. Usually, I prefer to call a lawyer and ask them to take care of things like that.
Thankfully, I got a good civil litigation lawyer who helps me whenever I have any kind of legal trouble or need to sign a contract. This lawyer also helped me recover debt, build disputes, and protect intellectual property. Together we won almost all the cases I had, which is why I greatly appreciate this law firm.
It’s a very important step to find a lawyer that would know everything about you.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:36 PM, yc_mw said:

Hi All,

Need some advice from u peeps as this is my first landed purchase and seller is not open to applying for floor plan from BCA even after exercise of Option. Reason given was 1. No obligations to give (advice from lawyer), 2. Privacy issues.

Has any of you guys here encounter similar issues before? I've never had such issues as been staying in condos and it's so common to just give the floor plan for the buyers to check it out first. Are landed owners all so anal bout floor plans? ?

Also, any suggestions on how to overcome this issue as completion takes 28weeks, and without a floor plan, I'm at my wits end as to how to plan for reno/ extension etc.

It's a 40yrs old IT and in almost original condition. But, am not considering Reconstruction now due to budget so we'll probably come to this in another 5-10yrs time. But, as of now. I'm pretty sure I want to extend the living and kitchen area. Flooring needs to be done as well as some build-ins. Without a floor plan, I cannot ask for quotes properly much less any designs. Oh yes.. Forgot to mention that measurements is not allowed too (Privacy issue).

Appreciate any suggestions or solutions.

Not sure why the owner is reluctant to provide you with the floor plan.  I think it is not all landed house owners are anal.  Hope that you have taken over the house and can now renovate to your liking.  Agree with you that reconstruction cost a lot now, in the millions.  Do share with us pictures of your new place and how you have transformed it.