Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Do You Wish For Your Child(ren) To Support You?

I would think it is related.

When we make a decision as to whether we want something or not, we look at two things:

(a) the cost(s) of having that something

(b) the benefit(s) of having that something

If benefits outweigh the costs, we would choose that thing. If not, we do not choose that thing.

Thus, in deciding whether we want to have kids, we look at

(a) the cost(s) of having kids

(b) the benefit(s) of having kids

Looking after us in our old age is one benefit. If the costs outweight the benefits, why would we want to have kids?

faint..

so are u going to do a balance sheet with the expense that your kid had since the day 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
faint..

so are u going to do a balance sheet with the expense that your kid had since the day 1

Not balance sheet. Income statement. :P

BTW, costs and benefits are not limited to just monetary costs and benefits.

Edited by ARCHer

Not balance sheet. Income statement. :)

BTW, costs and benefits are not limited to just monetary costs and benefits.

u studying accounting one ar? i think u can also prepare the write off and bad debt account just in case. :)

When we make a decision as to whether we want something or not, we look at two things:

If benefits outweigh the costs, we would choose that thing. If not, we do not choose that thing.

Looking after us in our old age is one benefit. If the costs outweight the benefits, why would we want to have kids?

:( ............its a living things & is u & ur wife creation.... noting to be weigh then having ur own creation...

on the other hand i admire u for all the planning works

planning is another things. controlling it is very difficult LOL.... at least is to me :(

u studying accounting one ar? i think u can also prepare the write off and bad debt account just in case. :P

:)

:P Very "deep" leh, still go to do cost-benefit anlysis before having children.

When my brother and sister decided to have children, the think that was going through their mind was the financial planning within the short term to median term. Don't think most people would plan for 50-60 years down the road and whether the benefits out weigh the cost, or think about whether they would support you. It your baby and your kids you are talking about. Isn't it is supposed to be your 爱情结晶?

:dunno: Very "deep" leh, still go to do cost-benefit anlysis before having children.

When my brother and sister decided to have children, the think that was going through their mind was the financial planning within the short term to median term. Don't think most people would plan for 50-60 years down the road and whether the benefits out weigh the cost, or think about whether they would support you. It your baby and your kids you are talking about. Isn't it is supposed to be your 爱情结晶?

sounds more like 'fu dan' (burden) than 结晶.. haha~ :jawdrop:

u studying accounting one ar? i think u can also prepare the write off and bad debt account just in case. :help:
:jawdrop: ............its a living things & is u & ur wife creation.... noting to be weigh then having ur own creation...

:dunno::huh:

:jawdrop::P

ey, yr hopping pooh very cute but i thot its supposed to be tigger that bounces?? pooh like to shuffle feet only lei.. :notti:

No, my husband and I do not expect our children to support us financially. Emotional support would be accepted in truckloads though :jawdrop: On the same token, we also do not plan to give our children any inheritance. When we plan our retirement nestegg, we use the scenario whereby every cent gets spent, and with no leftovers. (folks in financial planning will know what I am talkng about)

What I aim to do as a parent, is to provide them the best education I can afford, and that to me, is the ticket to their future success and they can do whatever they want with their lives after that. To me, that's the best I can do, and the rest is up to them.

We are a generation of parents who have to consider that our adult children may NOT even want to leave home, because it's free to stay with Mummy & Daddy. And still depend on our supplementary credit cards to top up on some of their expenses. So be prepared ....

I do not agree that having children *CAN* be rationalised into costs and benefits. If you think this way, you will be a disappointed parent or not be a parent at all. The costs of bringing up children, for sure overweighs that of the tangible benefits you could possibly derive from children of your own. What cannot be measured is the size of family love that you will appreciate when you have them.

On a very recent weekend trip with my husband alone, I asked him if he could imagine life without our lovely children (implying that as a couple, we could travel more on our own). His answer to me was "I don't have to imagine what it would be like, because I would not have it any other way. I love you and I love our children"

A note to new couples here .... you may think it's a funny public propaganda to encourage couples to have children to replace ourselves. I tell you not. With the aim of 6.5m population to sustain our economy, if you all don't go out there to reproduce, the increase of population will be an imported one. Not to forget that alot of Singaporeans are also migrating overseas. And one day, Singaporeans *will* be the minority in SG. Do something whilst you still can. Don't debate so much about having kids. It's not always ME ME ME. Take one less holiday a year. Buy one less branded watch. Spend less money. Put all of that into a family kitty. Think for the country.

On the same token, we also do not plan to give our children any inheritance. When we plan our retirement nestegg, we use the scenario whereby every cent gets spent, and with no leftovers. (folks in financial planning will know what I am talkng about)

Mind to share how to do it ?? I am looking for retirement plan now...

u studying accounting one ar? i think u can also prepare the write off and bad debt account just in case. :)

Actually, I have already made the provisions and necessary reserves. :dunno:

Perhaps. But statistics show that there are lots of DINK (Double Income No Kids), and many chose it because they think that having kids have more negatives than positives.

Think for the country.

Hard to.. Especially with the recent wage increases.. I'm still boiling inside knowing the difference between Bush and Nathan is S$2.75 million and US is maybe 2.75 million times bigger than Singapore.. :dunno:

ey, yr hopping pooh very cute but i thot its supposed to be tigger that bounces?? pooh like to shuffle feet only lei.. :jawdrop:

this pooh is more active type who likes to hop! :notti: