Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Do You Wish For Your Child(ren) To Support You?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Support in term of when I am old ?? I don't think so... I will thank god that if they can support themselve and don't come and bother me...

Edited by HSH21

Support in term of when I am old ?? I don't think so... I will thank god that if they can support themselve and don't come and bother me...

yeah lor....

when i sick.. came and see me, don't thrown me in the hosiptal.. I will be happy liao

ya... same here... will nvr thought they will support me/us...

if i'm sick my son will give me a call and say how r u mum... i very happy liao...

marry liao come to see me when free... i also happy liao...

and they can support themselve and dont ask u for $$ is very good liao...

My Answer is "NO" because of our GOvt are very far sighted ... they aware of that and that's why started the CPF thing.

Support? nope, i dont expect that, but maybe in form of pocket money in a nominal sum when they visit me after they are married. That is good enough for me. Cant expect too much. When there is expectation, there is even more disappointment. :)

I vote for "YES"...of cos I hope my children can support me when I am old and

not capable to earn a living for myself...

But I will definitely not leave my fortune to them.....haa....scarely they

chase me out, I still hv some money for myself....

Seem like most of us know that our children are unable to support us when we are old... in that case how to save $$$ for our golden age ?? this is a BIG problem...

due to the standard living in singapore.. its really not easy for kids to support the parents also... not like last time... everything so cheap...

not study also nvm... u sure will find a job one... now... u cert... no study hard... how to look for a good job... how to support ur parents when ur own income is also not enough for urself to use... also when they hv their own family... own house... hv kids... their expense will increase also... they need $$ to support their own family also... how do support us.. also go childcare the fee is so high... i only can say living in singapore the standard is so high now... in furture will be worst...

therefore buy for must buy more insurance to invest... so that old liao will hv some $$$ to spend... i think i will had to work until i die... if not no $$$ how to live... like PM Lee say one b4 ... we must.. huo dao lao... zuo dao lao... and this is a very sad thing i can say... if we old liao... our health not that good liao... how to zuo dau lao... to me like that let me die faster better than let me sufer in this world... that y alots of people say... we can die and we can get sick...

No wonder birth rates are falling!

As at the time of this posting, 9 people have voted, but only 1 person said he/she wish for their child(ren) to support him/her.

Parents nowadays provide more support for their kids. In return, parents expect less support from their kids (if this poll is anything to go by).

So what is the point of having kids????

Edited by ARCHer

No wonder birth rates are falling!

As at the time of this posting, 9 people have voted, but only 1 person said he/she wish for their child(ren) to support him/her.

Parents nowadays provide more support for their kids. In return, parents expect less support from their kids (if this pole is anything to go by).

So what is the point of having kids????

having kid and expect them to support us during old age.. 2 different issue

nowsdays, standard of living getting higher and higher.. by the kid time. to support parent and his own family is too much for him to handle.

Like our parent time, they expect their son to stay with them even after marry but DIL and MIL issue always happen.

Don't expect too much from the kid so that u will not disappoint too much

hope too much, disappointed too much..

having kid and expect them to support us during old age.. 2 different issue

I would think it is related.

When we make a decision as to whether we want something or not, we look at two things:

(a) the cost(s) of having that something

(b) the benefit(s) of having that something

If benefits outweigh the costs, we would choose that thing. If not, we do not choose that thing.

Thus, in deciding whether we want to have kids, we look at

(a) the cost(s) of having kids

(b) the benefit(s) of having kids

Looking after us in our old age is one benefit. If the costs outweight the benefits, why would we want to have kids?