Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lynzi

Sould I Change Hospital?

Last few days i went to Private Suite at kkh for my medical checkup. That was my 3rd time there. This time round during scanning saw my baby moving around non stop. Was so delighted looking at its progress. :)

However, after returning from the visit, some of my relatives, my mum and even my cousin who is doing her training now as a nurse at kkh said that the hospital is not good. My cousin said those in the maternity ward were left screaming. All of them said if its a private hospital then its better treatment. What do u think? As of now, I'm already taking the highest class in kkh. So confused. :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

actually hor, i find that private and restructured hospital about the same bah

unless you have your own gynae / obstrician you want to use during delivery

pregnant woman scream during delivery

what can the nurse/doc do? give injection? give panadol?

no mah, so private and restructured is the same loh

these are all my personal opinion nia

coz me no have children :)

delivery confirm chop chop SURE scream...

then what u want.. singing arr.. :)

The thing I feel is different is

in KKH, they prefer normal birth. Mean.. unless ur baby position wrong or sth else.. then they will go for op

If not.. u can stay in the hosiptal for 72 hrs.. taking induce pill (don't know spell correct or not) and wait for normal birth

In private, u had the right to say.. I want to go for op. Zoom.. op room

Or.. take induce injection for 4 hrs, 6 hrs or 8 hrs then give birth.

Depend what type of delivery u want

AND

where is ur gyne?

I follow my gyne.

An example

My friend give birth @ KKH. She stay there for > 2 day then give birth. Taking pills, etc.. then have to transfer from the delivery room and her room. To and fro, everytime, she feel , baby coming out

Me.. @ Eastshore..

I go for induce 8 hrs. Check-in in the morning and stay in the delivery room until my baby come out.

I go for induce b'coz my blood pressure going up.. bo pian..

Edited by therat

Even my company pay for the B ward charges in govt hospital... I still went for private... and they didn't pay a single cent...

since U are going for the highest class in KKH... why not private...

honestly, you and only yourself can decide if you are comfortable with KKH

doesn't mean private = good

it all depend on your luck and your obstrician...

one more thing to take into consideration

if there's any complications or your baby got any problem

then going back to KKH when the delivery was done in private hospital would mean that you will be charged as a private patient, no subsidy at all

that is very expensive.

i mean touch wood lah, of course we hope nothing will happen but this is a consideration too

honestly, you and only yourself can decide if you are comfortable with KKH

doesn't mean private = good

it all depend on your luck and your obstrician...

one more thing to take into consideration

if there's any complications or your baby got any problem

then going back to KKH when the delivery was done in private hospital would mean that you will be charged as a private patient, no subsidy at all

that is very expensive.

i mean touch wood lah, of course we hope nothing will happen but this is a consideration too

ya, from private hospital and want to downgrade to government hospital then you'll still be charge for private hospital. i guess this is the rules and regulations lor. :dunno:

If my memory serves me correctly.. KK highest class is more ex than standard room at Thompson Medical Centre. (Me 2 time daddy at TMC).

And I think whether is presidential suite or 6 bedder, all use the same delivery room facilities.

Giving birth is a very memorable event. So.. whether is true or not.. if not mentally comfortable with present hospital, then go with something u are more comfortable with.

But also important is whether the Gynae got priviledges at the preferred hospital also.

Eh.. Epidural really does wonders hor..

I will deliver at SGH, I heard nothing but praises from their patients.. You may wanna consider.. MY Doc is Dr. Yong TT, and my friend's doc who is also very good, is Prof Tay.

my sis gave birth to both her sons at KKH.. she nvr comment anything bad leh. she take the highest class ward also, the one with just one person in one room one.

i don't find kkh doctors are so professional after an incident. i don't wish to elaborate more on this but i can only said that it was related to my late mum in law's incident. :)

haha...i got mixed opinions on KKH.

i delivered in SGH...delivery process ok lah.

and no not every woman must scream when in pain...i didnt say a word just endure the pain until baby come out already then i cry. wah so painful man.

about KKH...a colleage insisted that i should go KKH since they have the medical equipments and expertise should anything go wrong...but i stuck to SGH cos the gynae was recommended by my GP. but i think no use lor cos she only turn up when baby coming out liao.

plus i didnt get the room i wanted cos full house so i had to downgrade.

sigh...might go east shore next time.

Actually, there are quite a few factors which will determine how satsified you are with the hospital. These include

(a) your gynae/doctor

(b) the nurses on duty

© the facilities

It is very difficult to generalise whether a particular hospital is 'better' or not. Many gynae operate in more than 1 hospital, and very often, the gynae will leave the decision to the patient. Most often than not though, its the nurses which determine how pleasant your stay is. Nurses work in shift, and some nurses are better than others. Even the gynae are sometimes at the 'mercy' of nurses.

My wife gave birth in Raffles. My elder sister-in-law gave birth in Mt Alvernia. My younger sister-in-law gave birth in KKH. No one has anything serious to complain about.

My gynea is Dr shamini. Took her cos she handled my 2 close friends. 5 kids delivered by her. 1 of my friend had complications with both her sons and dr shamini handled it very well. That was why I was confident in taking her.

And so far I had a pleasant experience at kkh since the private suite gives exclusive treatment. Yes the charges are slightly more ex than most private hospitals. The nurses have also been very nice. I also have the rationale that most women who are delivering will sure scream. But my mum and relatives pooh poohed my theory. Maybe I should just stick to kkh. :)

Plus I heard even at private hospitals in the one bedder room u will still be served using the plates with compartments. In kkh the one bedder is served using corelle plates and utensils...hehe.

Edited by lynzi

most important is you must be comfortable with your obstrician

if not best hospital and nurse also no use

most pregnant women i know follow their obstrician, whichever hospital that may be :)

also, heard that KKH provides the kind of food specially for new mothers e.g. sesame chicken etc