Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lynzi

Sould I Change Hospital?

actually hor, c-section got another disadvantage

you know all the talk about giving birth reduces chance of breast cancer etc? it's tak pakai if you go for c-section...

another thing about c-section is that it IS a surgery

so all risks associate with surgery is there

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hopefully I won't need to go for csection. I did think of taking epidural. But after reading Dr miriam stoppard's book and seeing a detailed diagram of how its done I'm very scared. I'm the kind who is afraid of needles and thinking it will be at my back with a drip attached throughout my labour is rather daunting. ;)

i had that epidural...didnt really work for me till very last minute then i think it work cos after i gave birth i ddint feel the pain from episiotomy. later after it wear of then then pain was killing me had to ask for ponstan!:notti: they gave panadol i almost screamed at them.

now everytime i get flu or very tired i feel my lower backbone aching...i feel it is due to the epidural

i had that epidural...didnt really work for me till very last minute then i think it work cos after i gave birth i ddint feel the pain from episiotomy. later after it wear of then then pain was killing me had to ask for ponstan!:furious: they gave panadol i almost screamed at them.

now everytime i get flu or very tired i feel my lower backbone aching...i feel it is due to the epidural

my ex-colleague.. whenever she sit too long or stand too long. she will get backache.

Other colleague say.. it is due to epidural....

That's why, they encourage me.. don't take don't take.. :notti:

Hopefully I won't need to go for csection. I did think of taking epidural. But after reading Dr miriam stoppard's book and seeing a detailed diagram of how its done I'm very scared. I'm the kind who is afraid of needles and thinking it will be at my back with a drip attached throughout my labour is rather daunting. :P

actually dun have to go for epidural lah

just do enough stretching exercises to maintain the flexibility of your body

try yoga, it's supposed to help with the process

ensure dun put on too much weight, if not baby become too big difficult to come out

learn the breathing technic, heard it really help :notti:

gambatte all mother-to-bes :jawdrop:

go for c-section.. this one not pain one..

Wah lau, whoever says this must have never gone thro a c-section before.

During operation, you're knocked out - of course not painful.

After operation, the part that is cut will be painful. The doc will give you a jab on your thigh to help ease the pain. I was scared of needles, but I actually asked to be jabbed to get rid of the pain.

C-section may result in the mother having blood clots after the op, which in turn results in bleeding. I for one had those **** blood clots that fall out from my body in huge lumps whenever I started practising walking. It freaked me out and the nurses looked on with disgust. The first time it happened, they even wondered what that pile of thing on the floor was. The way the docs removed the blood clots was excruciating. I hope I never had to go thro that ever again.

Have you ever been jabbed 8 times in a day? For a person who wants to faint at the sight of needles, it was definitely ****.

Wah lau, whoever says this must have never gone thro a c-section before.

During operation, you're knocked out - of course not painful.

After operation, the part that is cut will be painful. The doc will give you a jab on your thigh to help ease the pain. I was scared of needles, but I actually asked to be jabbed to get rid of the pain.

C-section may result in the mother having blood clots after the op, which in turn results in bleeding. I for one had those **** blood clots that fall out from my body in huge lumps whenever I started practising walking. It freaked me out and the nurses looked on with disgust. The first time it happened, they even wondered what that pile of thing on the floor was. The way the docs removed the blood clots was excruciating. I hope I never had to go thro that ever again.

Have you ever been jabbed 8 times in a day? For a person who wants to faint at the sight of needles, it was definitely ****.

i really feel for u cos my mom went thru a c-sect more than once and each time she was in great pain and it was nothing to laugh about.....it was excruciating. and healing took months.

also my ward neighbour in the hospital after i delivered, went thru c-sect and she looked like she went thru ****. couldnt eat, drink, sit walk for days. she said it was torture cos she had normal delivery b4.

but apparently this varied from person to person cos i had a relative who went thru c-sect and she really didnt feel anything such that went the nurses came with painkiller she said no need no pain...woaw.

imagine that!!

maybe its how well ur body heals..i donno.

Agreed...the after effects of C-section is two weeks in bed 'cos of the pain in the c-sect. Imagine trying to breastfeed when your lower abdomen hurts like crazy...Whereas for natural birth, it's painful for that few hours in labour but much faster recovery.

Lynzi, I had both my kids at kkh and I found kkh okay. Also believe in the theory that kkh has the best equipment and facilities... I also like the fact that the rooms are nice and spacious, not claustrophohic like some private hospitals.

Had Epidural twice too. The first time, it worked like a dream...couldn't feel the contraction pains at all and slept very well until I was woken up to push. Recovered from labour very fast. The second time, the aneasthetist went according to the book. She reduced the epidural and allowed me to feel the contraction pain...fortunately, the second baby came out quickly. But, I was so exhausted from all the pain...recovery was slower...had mild fever after delivery.

Think the backache after childbirth is due mainly to bad posture rather than the epidural. Most women have very bad posture when carrying the child. Also, your stomach muscles are weak from months of inactivity, so you tend to hunch.

Lynzi, remember to do your kergel exercises...they are important...help you locate the right muscles to push during labour and pass urine and motion after delivery so that you don't get hemorroids

Korea, dunno if you like kids...but even my sis-in-law who didn't like kids before, love her baby daughter to bits when she had her...said it was a wonderful thing and that she felt very blessed. Think kids are really great bundles of joy...and you'll discover emotions that you never thought you had.

Edited by Homeowner

but apparently this varied from person to person cos i had a relative who went thru c-sect and she really didnt feel anything such that went the nurses came with painkiller she said no need no pain...woaw.

imagine that!!

Ya.. I am one that didn't feel the pain after c-sect...

Agreed...the after effects of C-section is two weeks in bed 'cos of the pain in the c-sect. Imagine trying to breastfeed when your lower abdomen hurts like crazy...

For me... no after effect too...

I think other than our own body react to the condition... It might have something to do with our Gynae.. the more experience one can reduce the pain ??

Edited by HSH21

Different people have different threshold of pain. Also different people recover at different rates. For my wife as well as my elder sis-in-law, they both have rather quite recovery rates. Just a few days after the c-section, they are able to move about already.

From this discussion, I conclude that every pregnancy is unique...so one should just read up, ask around and finally decide on what they feel most comfortable with. :(

To Lynzi, best wishes...

To Korea, don't be afraid...Motherhood is really a wonderful thing.

To all other parents, children are great, ya? :notti:

Honestly, I didn't think the c-section pain was 'excruciating' or 'hurt like crazy' la. A young mother next to my bed had a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarian) and she told me that she found natural birth more 'xin ku' compared to c-section.

To me, c-section was painful enough for me to try holding my breath or bite my hand, but not the kind that will make me howl in pain altho my threshold of pain is very low - I howled in pain when I experienced some false labour alarm in my 7th month of pregnancy. Rather, it was the way the docs tried to clear the blood clots that traumatised me - that, was the excruciating part.

I was advised by the nurses to walk about the next day after my operation. It was fine except for the lumps of blood clots that fell out of me. But becos the wound was in the 'centre', it did make walking awkward and slow as I didn't want to aggravate it.

Wah...thanks for the encouraging words. I guessed I still have some time to think on whether I want epidural or not. I have a friend who swears by epidural...said she can never give birth to her 2 kids without it.

Wah...thanks for the encouraging words. I guessed I still have some time to think on whether I want epidural or not. I have a friend who swears by epidural...said she can never give birth to her 2 kids without it.

Back to your original topic, Have you considered Mt. Alvernia.? I was born there, so is my daughter.

Waiting room and delivery suite are all-in-one. attached bath as well

Single bed class allows the husband to room in at a minimal charge.

The Nuns will bring the babies to chapel for blessings.