Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ekardo

Any Satified Customer From Red Apple (imm) ?

Dear all,

I usually do not post on forums. But this forum really helped me deal with Red Apple and saved us much headache and trouble. So I decided I had to post my experience to save all in distress cos of this company.

I am someone who usually does plenty of research before buying anything - especially so if it is a big $$ item. But in our haste to get our furniture I didn't do any research on Red Apple before placing an order with them. Here's what happened.

We went furniture hunting in Suggei Kadut - I believe this was in Sept. We were running short of time as I had another appointment and Red Apple was our last stop.

I must say they have very attractive looking furniture. I liked one sofa set and so did my husband. The salesperson, his name is Derek, told us that it'd be cheaper if we got a package..Yes, their infamous packages! At that point it sounded like a gd deal. To cut the long story short, we decided to get the dining table plus 4 chairs, sofa n coffee table at a very reasonable package price of $2800.

And as a lot of ppl had mentioned, we were asked to pay in full as we were offered a discounted price. We were very hesitant but he showed us all the invoices where ppl had paid in full. We were looking through the invoices and before we knew it he had swiped my credit card and keyed in the full amt. I was taken aback but was rushing for time and so I just signed it.

It was only a week after that I stumbled upon this forum and the posts on Red Apple. We were mortified. So we cracked our heads. We didn't want to be another victim. So we called Derek and asked him to commit to a delivery date. He instantly turned rude and defensive - saying that we had paid and the items will arrive. He mentioned there was nothing else he could do about it. We asked to speak to his boss and he rudely stated that she was busy and that he would leave her a msg to call us. Of course noone called us back.

The very next day we marched to their shop at Sunggei Kadut. Derek looked stunned to see us there and pulled a long , black face. We asked to speak to his boss and he said she wasn't in. He was exceptionally rude! We then asked him to call her so we could speak to her. At that point she walked in. We told her about our unhappiness with his tone. We told her that we do not wish to deal with him. I asked her to commit to a delivery date since we were 'forced' to pay in full.

By committing, I wanted her to state in my receipt that if the items were not delivered by the said date, we'd be entitled to a full refund. It wasn't easy to get her commitment but after much persuasion, threats and chasing, she faxed us the commitment to a date i.e. Nov 22. Ridiculous that they could only commit to date that was 2 months away but we let it be. Cause to us, half the battle was won - we could easily bring our case to small claims tribunals or even CASE with that commitment stated clearly in our invoice.

On Nov 19, we got a call from Theresa. Confirming the delivery on the 22nd and that it would arrive between 10-12noon. On the morning of 22nd, my husband got a call saying that they would arrive between 11 and 1pm. So we waited. They arrived at around 12 plus. We asked them to remove packaging outside the house to thoroughly check. Everything was ok EXCEPT for the dining table. It was scratched.

The guy (he was very friendly) asked if they could bring it back in a couple of days. Knowing about their infamous promises, I showed him the commitment Theresa had made and told him that I needed to have everything by that day or else I was gonna get a refund. He promised to bring it back by 5pm the very day.

And he did - in good condition!

So ppl, after the initial troubles I went through to get their commitment to a delivery date (this involved a lot of chasing, calling, threats etc), I did manage to get all my furniture in gd condition and according to the specs. Lesson learnt - always do ur research and never never never pay in full no matter what! Walk away if need be!

I sincerely hope that this post will help out all those in distress cos of Red Apple!

Cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes i go all out to avoid RED APPLE.

I recently saw sofas i like from MODE (kakibukit) and LA CAFA (IFM).

Upon learning that both r from RED APPLE, i drop the idea of buying. I bought from the BEDDING SALOON from macpherson instead.

We even ask MODE regarding the logistic problems on RED APPLE circulating in the forums. The sales lady even lie through her teeth that it has NEVER NEVER happen before!!

OMG . I was laughing inside my heart.

I AM writing to express my bad experience and dissatisfaction with Red Apple Interior and their overall quality, sales and customer service.

I ordered and purchased a bedroom set (bed frame, side tables, dresser and a wardrobe) early this year from Red Apple Interior at IMM. Delivery for the bedroom set was scheduled on 29 October 2008. However, my bedroom set came without the wardrobe. The company or the delivery team did not inform me regarding the delay until I called their sales person (Darren) at about 5PM.

Darren then arranged to deliver the wardrobe on 31 October, 3-6pm but it came after 6pm, again without informing me that the delivery team would be late until I called Darren again. This time, the wardrobe came but without the 2 built-in drawers. To make things worse, there were no less than 5 scratches and all about 10cm on the side panel of the wardrobe. Instead of changing a new side panel for me, the delivery man just used a black paint pen to cover-up the scratches. That showed that they had no intention to rectify the problem for customer but just do a simple job to cover it up and calling it a day. As for the missing drawers, it only came one week later. In total, I took 3 half day leaves instead of a half day if everything was done properly and correctly.

Since then, I had called Red Apple many times and even went to its retail outlet at IMM to ask the sales person (Darren) to rectify the problem on side panel. However, he failed to give me any solution, replacement offer or compensation.

On 20 November at 3PM (Thursday), I went to Red Apple, IMM again (for the X times) from East Area. Darren was off on that day. Thus, I spoke to one of the staff there about this issue. During the conversation, their outlet manager (Wayne) who was standing behind the counter told me to keep my volume down. Although I was talking to one of the staff with a normal tone, I believe Wayne was afraid that other customers in the outlet will come to know about their poor service. Thereafter, about 1 hour later, he called and informed that the replacement for the side panel was scheduled to be delivered and replaced on 22 November at their own time convenience and without my acknowledgement. To my surprise, nobody had ever informed me about it. I was rather disappointed with the whole incident and the rude and poor service provided, I decided to request for compensation instead since it took the company 3 weeks to inform us about such solution.

When I told them that I do not want any replacement anymore, Wayne told me that the company could only provide replacement and nothing else. I told him that I would consider writing to Forum about my experience with the company.

In the end, both Wayne and Darren agreed and promised that a compensation would be sent to me in a week’s time provided I do not write to Forum. I requested for an apology letter from the management if they do not want me to write to the Forum. The purpose is for their management to be aware of such incident(s).

To my disappointment, it has already been a month after my last conversation with Red Apple, I did not receive any apology letter nor the compensation that was promised. It seems like Red Apple’s employees have a major attitude problem. The company does not have the mindset of providing customer-oriented service. There was no proper service recovery procedure and the whole incident was certainly a bad one to encounter as a consumer. Definitely not worth the money we paid for.

Poor management, poor customer service, poor attitude, poor quality

Final Verdict: NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM

You know what, after much delay, I have received my sofa. However, I found that that colour don't seems like the one I order. So I call the sales office and the salesman was kind enough to come down 2 weeks later. After comparing against the sample, I was told that the color is only 30% matches. So they promise to replace one for me. It will take another 1 month time. However, inside my heart, I know this will take more than 1 month.... :furious:

I took to liking Mode Studio's TV console.

But read from another forum that they're related to Red Apple.

So dropped the idea. sigh. no choice.

actually, i feel, not just red apple. But towards any furniture shop - NEVER pay in full. And better ask them for black and white to give FULL refund if goods are not delivered on time and whether there are any guarantee if anything were to happen within a year.

I took to liking Mode Studio's TV console.

But read from another forum that they're related to Red Apple.

So dropped the idea. sigh. no choice.

actually, i feel, not just red apple. But towards any furniture shop - NEVER pay in full. And better ask them for black and white to give FULL refund if goods are not delivered on time and whether there are any guarantee if anything were to happen within a year.

We had a smooth delivery from Mode Studio.. in fact the delivery date was earlier by about 2 weeks and they called to confirm few days in advance and a day before delivery.. seems like they have improved..

We recently bought a sofa, 2 bar stools and a dining table set from RED APPLE INTERIOR FURNITURE INTERIOR PTE LTD (IMM L3-46).

When we purchased the items, the date that was promised was 12 Sep 09. However, the salesman (FELIX) promised that he would try to arrange for the furniture to be delivered as early as possible (end August)

We had to call them up regarding the delivery at the end of August and the salesman (FELIX) was not around. We were told that the dining table set was not ready, but the other items will be delivered on 08 Sep 09.

We were told that the table will arrive on 15 Sep 09 by Felix. We stayed at home for the whole day waiting for the delivery and when we called up the delivery department at 5pm, they told us that they did not receive any delivery order. We immediately called up Felix, who then apologised, saying that he did not arrange for the delivery and that it was his FAULT

He then promised us that he will get the dining table set delivered on 24 Sep 09. He explained that the table will arrive in port on monday and it will definitely arrive on thursday. However, once again, the company informed us on 23 Sep 09 night that they are unable to deliver, when we have already made arrangements to receive the furniture. We wasted 2 days of leave waiting at home for the furniture that did not arrive.

The salesman (FELIX) did not uphold his promise and did not even bother to inform us when the dining table set was going to be late. There was basically no effort on his part to ensure that the items had arrived at port and that the items would be subsequently sent to us. His irresponsible attitude is a mere reflection of RED APPLE INTERIOR FURNITURE's nonchalant attitude and poor service to consumers.

The 2 bar stools that we purchased also were of poor quality. The paintwork did not even last 2 weeks before some parts of the paint fell off. They have since promised a replacement.

This is not the first time this has happened and let this be a reminder to all future consumers.

http://sg.88db.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.../?PostID=377165

Unhappy consumer

THIS MAIL IS TO WARN ALL PROSPECTIVE BUYERS TO BOYCOTT RED APPLE INTERIOR FURNITURE.

We recently bought a sofa, 2 bar stools and a dining table set from RED APPLE INTERIOR FURNITURE INTERIOR PTE LTD (IMM L3-46).

When we purchased the items, the date that was promised was 12 Sep 09. However, the salesman (FELIX) promised that he would try to arrange for the furniture to be delivered as early as possible (end August)

We had to call them up regarding the delivery at the end of August and the salesman (FELIX) was not around. We were told that the dining table set was not ready, but the other items will be delivered on 08 Sep 09.

We were told that the table will arrive on 15 Sep 09 by Felix. We stayed at home for the whole day waiting for the delivery and when we called up the delivery department at 5pm, they told us that they did not receive any delivery order. We immediately called up Felix, who then apologised, saying that he did not arrange for the delivery and that it was his FAULT

He then promised us that he will get the dining table set delivered on 24 Sep 09. He explained that the table will arrive in port on monday and it will definitely arrive on thursday. However, once again, the company informed us on 23 Sep 09 night that they are unable to deliver, when we have already made arrangements to receive the furniture. We wasted 2 days of leave waiting at home for the furniture that did not arrive.

The salesman (FELIX) did not uphold his promise and did not even bother to inform us when the dining table set was going to be late. There was basically no effort on his part to ensure that the items had arrived at port and that the items would be subsequently sent to us. His irresponsible attitude is a mere reflection of RED APPLE INTERIOR FURNITURE's nonchalant attitude and poor service to consumers.

The 2 bar stools that we purchased also were of poor quality. The paintwork did not even last 2 weeks before some parts of the paint fell off. They have since promised a replacement.

This is not the first time this has happened and let this be a reminder to all future consumers.

http://sg.88db.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.../?PostID=377165

Afternote:

The dining table turned up looking like it had been in the warehouse for at least a month collecting dust. It was so dirty. This was not what was communicated to us as we were told that the table had not arrived because it was being "MADE" in Hongkong. Had to spray paint it and roast it at high temperatures a few times to ensure a good paint job.

The table was also damaged. There were cracks at the base of the pedestal holding the table tob. There were also un-removable stains on the table surface. The paint job at the foot of the pedestal was also chipped. (AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A BRAND NEW TABLE)

They also botched up the delivery of the chairs. They sent 2 chairs which we ordered and another 2 just to make up numbers. These chairs were also badly stained. SAD.

Please do not buy anything from RED APPLE. POOR SERVICE, POOR QUALITY OF FURNITURE.

Attached below are the photos of the damage

Cracks under table

1205257.jpg

Botchy paintwork under table

1205258.jpg

Mix and Match Chairs. Sigh

1205259.jpg

LOL.. I think you are finding a needle in a desert.

They really have bad products and service and I know that we will all agree on that..

---------------------

bunk beds

I'm very surprised to see so many bad remarks on RED APPLE and they still survive till today. CASE should do something about it.

I just bought a sofa from them and paid in full. Kind of regret cause the one I saw few months back in IFC before my renov appeared to be similiar to the one display in their showroom. Same fabric and same design. Thinking that I'm getting the same one, I made the purchase and two days later, I brought my mom to IFC to look for a TV console and realised it's a diff company and the original sofa design has a solid base.

Now thinking of canceling the order, but will forfeit 30%. Also indicate deposit not refundable at the back of the invoice. Sigh, keeping my finger cross on the delivery before CNY and the quality.

I'm very surprised to see so many bad remarks on RED APPLE and they still survive till today. CASE should do something about it.

I just bought a sofa from them and paid in full. Kind of regret cause the one I saw few months back in IFC before my renov appeared to be similiar to the one display in their showroom. Same fabric and same design. Thinking that I'm getting the same one, I made the purchase and two days later, I brought my mom to IFC to look for a TV console and realised it's a diff company and the original sofa design has a solid base.

Now thinking of canceling the order, but will forfeit 30%. Also indicate deposit not refundable at the back of the invoice. Sigh, keeping my finger cross on the delivery before CNY and the quality.

How did it go?

How did it go?

I'm surprised that Wayne of IMM provide us with prompt service.

The only hiccup was from the logistics dept. They called me on 11th Feb noon to informed me that they will deliver the sofa between 3-6pm. At 4pm, the sofa has not arrived. I called and the lady answered seems so blur and said she'll call me again but never did. I called at 6pm and another lady answered that the office is closing and no one there. I raised my voice at her and demanded an answer. Then I received a call from the blur lady saying that there is problem with the container and they cannot deliver today. I questioned and challenged her on the arrival of the container, the consignment note's date and time of unloading, etc. She "ah, ah" then said " oh, the forklift spoilt so unable to unload the good". I'm puzzled, shouldn't the sofa be on the delivery truck this morning for despatch before they called to inform me the time of delivery? She replied "Not only yours, many customers also affected". Goodness! Luckily I didn't bought my living room sofa from them, this sofa is for my family room. I'm having guests coming on the eve of CNY. Imagine without a sofa in the main hall? I can see how frustrated and angry other customers must be.

I called Wayne, but he's not in the showroom so I sms him. He promptly responsed that he is outside and will get the office to call me. The next day, he called and actually deliver the sofa personally to me. I must say he is quite patience even I have reselected the fabric and requested modifications a few times.

As for the quality, definitely better than FBT(Octagon) and Nova. That is in another thread.

I purchased one set Marble Table and Chair on 20 June 2011. The set was delivered 3 times and were rejected due to defects of the furniture. Currently, the last replaced marble table has a patch of scrathes of palm size and this was assessed by the sales consultant. He agreed to speak to the management and will advise me on the replacement by 1 Aug 2011. Since he did not call me for the date of replacement so I went to the IMM Showroom to speak to him on 1 Aug 2011. He told me that the management will not replace the furniture. I would like to advise all comsumer not to buy from Red Apple Interior Furniture.

Please do not buy anything from RED APPLE. POOR SERVICE, POOR QUALITY OF FURNITURE.