Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh ok...I think better ask a very sweet lady voice to bargain!! :bangwall:

Sure got good discount.

But what if that guy lost money on horse racing? NO DISCOUNT LIAO!

Original price is $1k, so yup, need to bargain

:bangwall:

Edited by h4happy

hi fly. which level are you in? i'm in the same blk & should be finishing my reno soon. :bangwall:

it's difficult to find a blk 27b neighbour. so far only 3 of us here (including bee joy).

Hi hi!:bangwall: Im at 27B too... unit 132.

Oh ok...I think better ask a very sweet lady voice to bargain!! :bangwall:

Sure got good discount.

But what if that guy lost money on horse racing? NO DISCOUNT LIAO!

Haha.. think shldnt be a problem to discount one..

He prob also used to giving discount :bangwall:

welcome! :(

i'm also in unit 132. :bangwall:

Hi there..

How much you pay for haulage??

my contractor told me 5 room is $1200.

Should i talk to Mr Lim directly and nego?

can anyone give me Mr Lim's his contact number?

My reno havent start yet. Now waiting for Tomorrow Fengshui conslt.

Hacking MBR wall to Bedroom as walk in Closet will cost me 300 to get PE endossment.

Cheers!:bangwall:

You should ask a very sweet lady voice to negotiate the haulage fees hahahaha :bangwall:

Btw, how much is your FSM charge you for your 5 rooom unit?

Can I have his/her name and contact no.?

Thanks alot!

Hi there..

How much you pay for haulage??

my contractor told me 5 room is $1200.

Should i talk to Mr Lim directly and nego?

can anyone give me Mr Lim's his contact number?

My reno havent start yet. Now waiting for Tomorrow Fengshui conslt.

Hacking MBR wall to Bedroom as walk in Closet will cost me 300 to get PE endossment.

Cheers!:bangwall:

hi all, sorry to impose... i'm from tpy's forum and need help, if any...

anyone going to Designer Lightings, along Balestier Rd to get your lights...if you are, please let me know via PM.

i've fancied another dining light from another shop, but i couldn't get a refund as we've made full payment. if possible, i would appreciate to receive your payment to Designer Lightings in replacement for the amount I've paid to them...before they deliver to my place for installation...

*desperate* :good::sport-smiley-004::thumbs up: !!

ms white, sorry i cant help..bought my lights already ;)

haha.. no prob nemofc.. as long as u was safely home last nite ok le! haha.. always hv chance in future to familise the road ard JM! :thumbs up:

hahaa.. lynn can wait for my hsewarming.. shld b having a special session for all deltians! hahaha.. !!

xlan, I will be the first to join the session! :sport-smiley-004:

Nothing new...I submitted my defects in end Nov..till now, they still have no rectified my defect..left one.. :sport-smiley-004:

Well, at this time of the year when they rush contractor to handover the estate to HDB, and they busy checking the handed over blocks, they may not have enough resources to do so.

My first defect (somewhere in late august/early september) was quite fast, but a minor defects (after cement screeding they did), they never responded to me even after the whole house near complete (over two weeks, coming to three weeks now). But again, I never call and pester them, cause it's nothing much.

Just make sure you talk on the phone with the person, wrote email stating the facts and ask them to acknowledge your mail/confirm, otherwise when your reno started, they may push the blame to your renovator.

anyone getting an alarm monitoring system?

fly, what is alarm monitoring system har?. what alarm? smoke detection/burglar?

will monitor the alarm and let us know if it has been activated?

Edited by gadgetgal

Are you doing a false ceiling?

Afraid it might not look good as it might be too low and quite warm when you switch on the chandeliers.

My hubby and I are eyeing oriental antique chandeliers for dining room, living room and MBR.. is it too many chandeliers?

hiya, can i check something with the guys who are doing laminate flooring in bedrooms, particularly the MBR?

is the cement screeding done to the toilet entrance kerb(drop) level? the flooring area underneath the toilet door, will u be laying laminate or toilet tile?

my cement screeding is lower than the toilet entrance kerb(drop) level. so do i increase the screeding level or do i knock away the kerb(drop)?

not sure about that, you should request your renovator to do the marking and/or ask the hdb cement screeding/whoever do cement screeding to get the correct height. Depends on laminate flooring (if you do sound proof/insulation - usually rubber to reduce the hollow plank sound when you wear high heel on top of it), it will increase the height.

Not sure if I rem correctly, it'll be around 12mm-14/15mm from the top of the homogenous tile. (cause that's the thickness of laminate flooring + that rubber insulation). PS:always check with your renovator and laminate flooring guy.

Hi ppl,

Going to start my trunking on christmas eve..heehee... How should the trunking be run?? any1 care to share? Best is top or bottom?

Me too.. will do trunking next weekend (before x'mas).

Anyone care to share pics of how they run their trunking? (possibly from the 5-rm flat owner)

Horrified with the way the aircon man proposed,... the trunking turn our ideal home/bedrooms upside down.. it is so thick,.. visible.. and running everywhere!!. mamamiya....

Please.....

Appreciate it very very much...