Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi there..

How much you pay for haulage??

my contractor told me 5 room is $1200.

Should i talk to Mr Lim directly and nego?

can anyone give me Mr Lim's his contact number?

My reno havent start yet. Now waiting for Tomorrow Fengshui conslt.

Hacking MBR wall to Bedroom as walk in Closet will cost me 300 to get PE endossment.

Cheers!!!

think i paid $1100. can't really remember but i understand the price can definitely be negotiated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

went to buy lights at balestier today. prices not the cheapest but seem reasonable. guy told me they would give a 6 mth warranty card upon delivery and he showed the card to me. Total damage : ~ $300 (Not incl living, dining, MBR, passageway, bomb shelter)

shop name is called de lite shop. anyone heard of it?

Edited by makemefly

went to shop for curtains yesterday..notice these few points:

1) Our living room window cant hang a piece of long bar to fit the curtain. Cos the whole stretch of window there is not straight. it is abit of semi-circle type. So, we cant buy the rod from ikea and install it right? the only way is to custom made

2) our mbr, its a full right-angle window.There is no wall in between the window. So if you want to install 2 piece of curtain at the whole panel of window, u need to custom made also

-if you dont custom made, the "joint" of the right angel window cant cover completely.

3) only leave 2 bedrooms, we can buy the rod and curtain directly from ikea to save cost

- i was quoted abt $600+ for the mbr custom made curtain. (it has day + night curtain). If do only night curtain, the cost is $300+

- for the 2 bedrooms, my rod and curtains add up to about $90 per room (rod=$39, 1 packet of curtain=$40~50). there are other rods, i guess some rod is cheaper

- for living room, i may need almost the same price as the mbr cos living room i am doing day+night curtain too..

wow total cost for the curtains can be so ex leh..reason is because of our mbr and living room design

went to clementi yesterday, saw there are 3 curtain shops, havent go and ask the price yet..need to check it out again :deal:

PS: anyone did living room curtain without custom made? meaning use a long rod will do? need to ask for opinion / idea whether can a long rod settle the living room. (the long rod needs to be a double rod, to do day+night curtain)

Edited by Yang Guo

oh ya, for the living room, another idea is to buy 2 rods, then dont need to custom made already

if 2 rod, there will be 4 pieces of curtain there already

actually 2 pieces will be ideal, ie if u open ur curtain, the 2 piece will ended up at the side of the window

if 4 pieces, you can see 2 extra pieces in the middle of your living room window

hmmm..not sure also whether can the 2 rods fits correctly at the "semi-rounded" window

Edited by Yang Guo

Hi YG

Good idea!

Custom make is very very expensive.

Another possible way is to ask your id/contractor to make a curtain rod for you at FOC!!

Just buy the hanger only. And the curtain can get it from Spotlight??

HAPPY

oh ya, for the living room, another idea is to buy 2 rods, then dont need to custom made already

actually 2 pieces will be ideal, ie if u open ur curtain, the 2 piece will ended up at the side of the window

if 4 pieces, you can see 2 extra pieces in the middle of your living room window

hmmm..not sure also whether can the 2 rods fits correctly at the "semi-rounded" window

Hi YG

Good idea!

Custom make is very very expensive.

Another possible way is to ask your id/contractor to make a curtain rod for you at FOC!!

Just buy the hanger only. And the curtain can get it from Spotlight??

HAPPY

hi!

do u guys intend to mount the rod holders outside of the recess (onto the wall) or inside the recess (onto either the ceiling of the recess or the window frame)??

hi hi

bro yang & everybody

tot abt the curtain issue... i saw sumwhere in this forum, sumone actually bought those ikea type with two holders (to hold two poles) and drill into the window grill. could be done. cos there is actually like a beam protruding above unless u set the curtain very far out. sorry i can't remember which page. another option probably could try to bend the pole holders so that they will rest nicely... have to check with ID. (my two cents)

me and fiance are pretty bent on using the ikea ones as it is really cheaper and really look nice and cosy... dun like those Tailor made ones that have the hook and all.

And Wow this thread is moving so fast... i could hardly catch up. it is really nice to meet all future neighbours here and thanks for all the valuable insights to the reno works and such. i m a newbie and this is my first home. My fiance is currently overseas for work and i am left to do up our "love nest". he will be back only in the second half of next year and it could be extended, thus i am left with this task. Thus i have learnt so much here. thanks to everyone for sharing...

mine will be on the wall.. :dancingqueen:

i guess for the rod system, the more feasible way is onto the wall... thanks for ur idea of the two-rod method for the living room... probably will be using that... :deal:

hi!

do u guys intend to mount the rod holders outside of the recess (onto the wall) or inside the recess (onto either the ceiling of the recess or the window frame)??

Intend to do it inside the recess area.

At least the curtain flow will be within the recess area.

Hi FAT BEAR

You may refer to CINDY MONKEYBONE url web...she installed and drilled it on the window panel.

I think you are referring to her unit.

HAPPY

hi hi

bro yang & everybody

tot abt the curtain issue... i saw sumwhere in this forum, sumone actually bought those ikea type with two holders (to hold two poles) and drill into the window grill. could be done. cos there is actually like a beam protruding above unless u set the curtain very far out. sorry i can't remember which page. another option probably could try to bend the pole holders so that they will rest nicely... have to check with ID. (my two cents)

me and fiance are pretty bent on using the ikea ones as it is really cheaper and really look nice and cosy... dun like those Tailor made ones that have the hook and all.

And Wow this thread is moving so fast... i could hardly catch up. it is really nice to meet all future neighbours here and thanks for all the valuable insights to the reno works and such. i m a newbie and this is my first home. My fiance is currently overseas for work and i am left to do up our "love nest". he will be back only in the second half of next year and it could be extended, thus i am left with this task. Thus i have learnt so much here. thanks to everyone for sharing...

another alternative, placing the curtain, blinds or line curtain as a parition (further inside the room)

tempcurtainbu2.jpg

Edited by kriegs