Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Peng*Ling,

I think so far, samsung one is still the best, crisp, clear and smooth.

Have you started your reno?

Hi gadgetgal,

Actually, I had make reservation for a LG LCD TV with Best Denki. They are having promotion now so I bought a 37" LCD TV for $1999 (foc one foldable bicycle and home theater system). But i hear from other forumers that LG is not a good brand so I am thinking to switch to Samsung 40" LCD(with full HD) which cost about $3999 :(

I'm doing my renovation in March... still havn't sign up with anyone, my hubby still want to "walk walk see see" How is ur reno??? Remember to take photos of ur completed flat to share with us ! :sport-smiley-018::yamseng::):dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
xiao_xiin, $1900 for a such a big alumix wardrobe is cheap... is it a pole system one?

it's pole system. 7 poles in all. but no doors leh. think it's the doors that is expensive wor. my hubby doesn't wan doors. he prefers "open" wardrobe. you know why? cos he's not the one doing the cleaning mah. :sport-smiley-018:

btw, we went to imm to see see look look today. you guys may wanna know, at ALL BEST, price for mit. starmax system 3 (non-inverter) is $1899. mit. starmax system 4 (non-inverter) is fully sold out in singapore and not in production anymore, according to the salesman.

just started my blog. anyone feel free,can go there see see,hehe,but not many pictures yet la

(btw,anyone can teach me how to post the pictures in the blog in a picture style? i dont like url style..)

i went to the Alumix showroom last weekend... v nice WIW :sport-smiley-018: ... price range is about $100 pfr, depending on the configurations (shelves, cabinets, suspended drawers, drawers on castors, clothes hangers) but excluding doors... got 8 or 9 colors to choose from... price is inclusive of delivery, installation and 1-year warranty on mechanism... no drilling into walls and ceilings required...

7-ft tempered glass sliding doors cos about $800 and tempered glass bifold doors about $1300...

their more expensive brand is Ximula, which is Alumix spelt backwards :yamseng: ... Ximula typically about twice the price of Alumix cos Ximula has nicer profiles/shapes, better quality finishings and anti-slam drawers...

the cheaper alternative is IKEA... say for a similar 7-ft WIW configuration, if Alumix costs $700, then IKEA will cost abt $400 + $100 for delivery and installation... also, IKEA's WIW requires drilling into the ceiling and has no warranty...

for our 7ft wardrobe size, it'll cost abt $1500... this is cheaper than what my ID quoted me

hi all, would like to ask the cost for making a feature wall to cover up the ugly bomb-shelter door. anyone is doing it? i understand that the 4-rooms units should not have a problem as they're not directly in the living room like the 5-rooms ones. any ideas? :unsure:

Step by Step instructions... Hope you can show us more photos :unsure:

1. http://www.picoodle.com/

2. Click on "Browse" to select your picture file & "Upload It"

3. Select the URL link for "Direct link to image URL of image", click on image.gif found on top of the text box when u try to post and paste the URL

Yang Guo, follow my instructions above :)

:unsure: I missed so much.... Just back from HK last night. Down with flu & bad cough, going to see company doctor soon.

Gadgetgal,

I do agree with you, I finally end up with Teka is becos of the cost as well as design and functionality.. (woman just can't resist pretty things).. keke..

I am only making a comparision between Brandt 2 models and my Teka model, Brandt 667 Pyrolitic oven is my very first choice, it comes with a cool door function as well as pyrolitic cleaning (meaning self-cleaning). This is the top range which originally retailed at $1699, but now is $1799. For Brandt 642 Cataylic oven, it retailed at $1099, but now is $1199, there is only i thin 5 cooking methods. Therefore, finally, I took my Teka HA 840, retailed at $1200, but was given a good discount, and I got it at $960. This Teka oven have 8 cooking methods, digital timer control also as well Children safety block option.. Hope this help..

Wah... :) $300 is a fantastic buy...

binzz,

is your oven is build-in or the stand-alone?

:unsure: I missed so much.... Just back from HK last night. Down with flu & bad cough, going to see company doctor soon.

binzz,

is your oven is build-in or the stand-alone?

Hi nemofc,

Hows ya trip.. Great?? Bought anything for the house??? :)

My oven is built-in..

for our 7ft wardrobe size, it'll cost abt $1500... this is cheaper than what my ID quoted me

Hi One,

Just wanted to confirm, you signed up with Alumix and cost $1500 for your 7ft wardrobe?. Sounds pretty good deal.

Mind to share where you had the deal and who do you deal with?. It sounds cheap, as the other day we've checked it costs around $2k-2.2k for 7ft mbr.

Hi,

for anyone looking for lightings, u may go take a look at Carrefour.

There's a 20% discount going on now till wed, think..

i bought a black chandelier + downlights from a very helpful Jack !!

he offer suggestions on lighting needs based on ur floor plan...

price already incl GST + 20% discount + 5% rebate on everyday card + $10 for every $200 spent on mastercard... i think its worthwhile...

if u do pop by n saw that black chandelier hanging rite at the corner, thats the one i bought !!

Btw, which carrefour is it?.

Hi nemofc,

Hows ya trip.. Great?? Bought anything for the house??? !!

My oven is built-in..

Mind to share where you bought the oven? which brand and how much?.

Visited Rina electrical yesterday to look for a brandt built-in oven, and they are off for the day. wasted my time..

!! I missed so much.... Just back from HK last night. Down with flu & bad cough, going to see company doctor soon.

:bow: how r u nemofc? me too.. jus back frm HK (last thurs nite).. the air was very bad over there.. !!

Mind to share where you bought the oven? which brand and how much?.

Visited Rina electrical yesterday to look for a brandt built-in oven, and they are off for the day. wasted my time..

Hi gadgetgal,

I bought my Teka HA 840 oven from Asia Excel, it cost $960, was given 20% off the retail price of $1200. I got my tap, sink, hob, hood and bathroom accessories from them as well..

morning everyone... i am looking forward to hearing good news from HDB abt my HLE.. just faxed over to them on friday evening and they received it already..hope they mean what they said ( they said they will do it today)....

anyway, anyone is looking into washing machine tat comes with dryer? so far, quite limited range in the market?

realise that the built in oven offered by harvey norman like Brandt, Smeg cost a big bomb ( $1k and above). :bow::P . i thought all the while is like 500- 800 bucks for one...

my hubby and i went to gain city last sat to view the air cons... they treated us as someone from compeitior ( they even asked us this qn) even through we did seek permission from their staff to jot down some of the prices of air con we are interested in.. !! !!

by the way, nemofc, take care k... weather nowadays are getting worse and unpredictable...

Edited by elaine1205