Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For your info, dun based on the clarity of the tvs in the department stores, tats because, they are using a higher grade cable then the one HDB provides and thats the reason why the tv is always clearer when at the shop then at home..

That's what I am thinking also.

Some of the display tv so sharp while others no so sharp.

Pple tend to go for those very sharp display tv...I dont know whether is it due to no body buying that particular brand...that's why they tune it to very bright and sharp???

For your info, dun based on the clarity of the tvs in the department stores, tats because, they are using a higher grade cable then the one HDB provides and thats the reason why the tv is always clearer when at the shop then at home..

Hi ALL

Need advice from everybody.

Which is better? Confused!!

1) Full HD

2) Ready HD, need to buy the 'box' ($300+)...

3) LCD

4) Plasma

Went to

1) Audio house: Cash and credit, diff more than $1k++, Ah Bengs! Put me off.

2) Mustafa : Too many unkown brand! Lots of pple, nearly fainted

3) Carefour : Akira and Randeline (local)...not sure good or not.

4) HN : Best find, Pansionic Versa (correct?)...undecided....

5) Best Denki : Price higher than HN.

In the end, go home empty handed....

Should I wait for PC show to get tv cw free gives??

For 4 room, 37" to 42" ok? Is it too near?

Thanks!!!

HAPPY

Full HD or HD ready? it's like buying a PC, whether you should buy the high-end, mid-range or entry level one. it's very much dependent on your needs and budget. if budget is no constraint, go for the highest available one i.e. Full HD. a few years down the road when TV content are full HD (hopefully), you can reap the full benefits of your TV. however, if you are not very particular about image quality (i.e. sharp vs very sharp) or you are thinking of changing TV a couple of years down the road, then HD ready would suffice. especially now that HD ready LCDs are **** cheap.

Full HD or HD ready, you need a HD tuner box to receive HD signals (unless the full HD model has a built-in tuner). as onepostwonder has mentioned, the only free-to-air HD channel is HD 5. alternatively, you can subscribe to starhub HD channels.

Go for LCD. Plasma is a dying breed. Pioneer, the pioneer for plasma, is no longer producing plasma panels. i.e. there will be no/little advancement in the plasma arena. LCD used to have a shorter lifespan than plasma but this is no longer true. some LCDs lasts as long as their plasma counterparts. plasma also has the problem of ghosting effect i.e if a static image is projected on the screen for a long time, the image will be burned-in to the screen. but of course plasma has a deeper and richer image than LCD.

You should check out some of the neighbourhood shops. they offer very competitive pricing. the best is that you can call and ask for quotes over the phone. if tempting then make a trip down. but of course we must have the model no. in hand.

don't expected too much from the PC show. I was at the last IT show looking at LCDs. Called the neighbourhood shops and their pricing is lower than what was offered during the fair for all the models I was looking at. but no harm going down to have a look as all the major players like audio house, HN, Best will be there.

Edited by crazycar

a good place to look for cheap electronics will be Hong Liang, near IKEA / ABC market :)

they will show you comparisons between a few TVs and I can tell u, they're "more honest" than the BIG retailers

Hi Kelvin...is it the shop opposite queensway shopping center??? Those 3 storey shop houses?

BTW...any movers to recommend me? I am going to move this sunday or monday...

THANKS!!!

HAPPY

a good place to look for cheap electronics will be Hong Liang, near IKEA / ABC market :)

they will show you comparisons between a few TVs and I can tell u, they're "more honest" than the BIG retailers

Hi Crazy...Thanks fo your information!

Hi Kelvin...is it the shop opposite queensway shopping center??? Those 3 storey shop houses?

yes, u r right. :)

and while there, u can also check out aik leong. they are very near to each other. all my electrical appliances are from these 2 shops. :)

there's also max credit there. it is actually related to hong liang. but there were some bad reviews on max credit. so i'll leave it to you if u want to visit them.

Hi CRAZY.....which movers you use?

I need movers this sun, can recommend yours if you find them good and of course price good too!

Thanks.

Hi ALL...Any good movers around? Urgent! Good and cheap?

1) Movers_101 (Pearly: 96411196) quote $380 for both units.

2) High Point (Kelvin: 91267421) fully book!!!

3) http://www.ahbengmovers.com.sg

4) http://www.huatsengmovers.com

Thanks!!!

Edited by h4happy

hmmm..

Previously i have been eyeing on this sleek Samsung white colour 32" lcd tv. Hong Liang quoted me $1450 (abt $1400) in beginning Jan08

During Mar08 IT show, this same model white samsung 32" tv is selling at $799 or $800+ (cant remember the exact price). I was :jawdrop:

Within 3 mths price dropped abt half.. i guess IT show slashed the price certain models only

I also bought all my electrical appliances from Hong Liang too :)

Didnt buy the 32" Samsung white tv. Got a Toshiba instead. After a week, Harvey Norman selling the same tv at the same price i bought from Hong Liang

Conclusion: very 乱 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi CRAZY.....which movers you use?

I need movers this sun, can recommend yours if you find them good and of course price good too!

Thanks.

Hi ALL...Any good movers around? Urgent! Good and cheap?

2) High Point (Kelvin: 91267421) fully book!!!

3) http://www.ahbengmovers.com.sg

4) http://www.huatsengmovers.com

Thanks!!!

i used crazycar movers. :) i moved all my stuff on my own. i have no big bulky items. so move my stuff a few boxes at a time. :)

my aunt used sim movers the other time. think it's $200. sorry forgot the no. already. but they have stickers pasted all over block 29. :rolleyes:

Hi CRAzy...hahaha...me using Happy Reno Movers! Now almost left those big stuff...that one no choice must ask the movers....very tiring indeed....especially the long long road to JM!!!

HAPPY

i used crazycar movers. :) i moved all my stuff on my own. i have no big bulky items. so move my stuff a few boxes at a time. :)

my aunt used sim movers the other time. think it's $200. sorry forgot the no. already. but they have stickers pasted all over block 29. :rolleyes:

my colleague (and I) engaged this mover before.. btw.. we were being corrected during the phone calls.. her name is Pear (not Pearly.. haha).. not bad.. the movers wrapped the fridge up nicely n carefully moving across drains n down the stairs.. no damage at all.. i tink $380 for 2 units consider pretty OK?

Thanks XLAN....I called up Logan Movers....he will be at my house to have a quote for both units...hope it can be under $380!

Btw...what is the average cost for a move per unit???

Items like fridge, tv, wardrobe, tv console, a few boxes.....

Thanks!

HAPPY

i'm not sure.. cos i got help frm my cousin's workers and lorry.. but the fridge i sold to my colleague.. the moving costs $60 loh..

Hi Everybody,

Need to ask you the old questions. Hope you guys wont mind.

1) When you move in, how to activate the phone line?

2) How to activate internet, let say I have setup my pc and modem? Cos I need to work at home, so must have the internet up asap.

Thanks everybody!

HAPPY