Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi all,

Something happened to my door last sat...

Last Saturday morning, my main door got stuck..

No matter how I pulled, it cannot open.. and cannot see why.. from inside, nothing was jamming it and the hinges were all fine.. and no lock etc.. but just cannot open..

My neighbours opposite then realised what happened and tried to push from outside but to no avail too.. then in order to make it easier for them.. I tried to slot the keys under the door to them to open the gate lock etc.. it was not easy but they managed to get it.. but still the door could not be opened even after pushing from outside etc..

Then called the HDB pple to send someone over...

While waiting, my neighbours looked at my door from outside.. and theirs and realised how come like at the top part got something different.. he then took a screwdriver to try to pry open from the top.. and finally it managed to open..

It turned out that the rubber seal for the door got loose and got stuck on top.. Anyway the HDB guy came afterwards and cut off the spoilt part.. and put it back with stapler so it wont fall off again.... hmm..

Anyway, at that time, I was thinking may need to saw through the door or something.. lucky my neighbour's good observation saved the day :) Lucky it was not a weekday or an impt appt though :P

But a good lesson learnt too.. be careful while closing the door etc..

Also, the gate pple probably were there.. but I didnt receive them as had appt in the afternoon and cant wait too long.. so didnt know how it would be like :)

:dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Simpleboi, the HDB ppl @ blk 27B are still around? I have some problem with my gate hinge :(

Hi OnePostWonder,

Shld be still around I think, within one year

Yang Guo: yes that's the shop...got from the IMM outlet. Did u have any experience with them? It's still some time away from the delivery date, so crossing fingers that things will be ok by the time we move in.

Not easy to move! Got to start throwing away stuff and pack

ops..just saw your post at red apple post ;) hope everything is fine

hehe how's life at jalan membina? shiok?

alot of stuff still at in-laws place... and alot of things not buy yet , esp for sauces, etc for cooking .....

All,

anyone have this problem?

my wooden door (MD) have small little dirt coming out from the edge.. hubby said could it be termites...

anyone?

Hi Kelvin...seem like few of us here have this problem.

My metal gate ledges (bottom) snapped, unable to unlock or lock!

Simpleboi, the HDB ppl @ blk 27B are still around? I have some problem with my gate hinge :(

Haha...me too, lots of boxes still unpack...my pc boxes lost! And lots of things to throw.

Still need to go back to my old house to clear up all those bits and pieces....aiyo...very tiring!

Yang Guo: yes that's the shop...got from the IMM outlet. Did u have any experience with them? It's still some time away from the delivery date, so crossing fingers that things will be ok by the time we move in.

Not easy to move! Got to start throwing away stuff and pack

The centre at 27B is still there arh... Hubby juz went there on wed to report more defects... the metal gates hinges spolit.

Oh means no more liao?

Oops.. blur :P

Edited by jazznpop

The centre at 27B is still there arh... Hubby juz went there on wed to report more defects... the metal gates hinges spolit.

yours also spoilt? when deliverymen come, cannot open the gates wider for them... gotta squeeze my items in

Hi Kelvin...seem like few of us here have this problem.

My metal gate ledges (bottom) snapped, unable to unlock or lock!

i'm luckier... mine didn't snap, just cannot release...

Edited by OnePostWonder

Oh ok.. thats wat i thought so too.. coz think walked past a few wks before.. the place like still there.. but not sure..

Think I better check my metal gates too.. seems like a lot here have problems

The hinges got prob lah.. those type they use spolit easily one.

Mine one repair the top one, bottom spolit, repair the right side, left side spolit.

Think if my fridge come how to squeeze in if cannot open fully :P

Mine also. The top hinge spoilt.

But still manage to close juz that it is not smooth when open and close.

I have already reported my metal gate cannot lock as the spin snapped. Until now, bsc never call me at all. what should we do? Go down and make noise?