Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

good idea, but if these ba5tards are keen on breaking in, they'd stake out and maybe spy and see what time we come home?

by the way, is it only me or did anyone else experience getting woken up by the noise at the coffeeshop possibly caused by the Euro matches past weeks??

i got woken up when man u played against dunno who and these was penalty shootout. **** tu lan

you can actually install a DVR set with one of your camera facing the walkway to record. alternatively, place a dummy camera at your door step to deter crime..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Dorcas...sorry to hear that. but if you look at another pt of view, your house is very safe from intruder and those ba5tard housebreakers. No one dare to hack or drill your home any other day!

Hi MAKE....when I was in blk29, I also encounter what you have been but really get use to it. In the late night, pple suddenly shout GOAL!!!! I jump out of my sleep!

Hi Everybody, put your shoes outside (even thought nobody at home), the more the better, especially guys shoes....you get what I mean?

FYI, I have the same idea as you so I loaded my corridor with my shoes and slippers but ****, they prob knock my door to test before going on their crime!

Dorcas, sad for you. At lease my incident is not so frequent, esp after I installed some security system as a prevention. If my neighbours are like that, I might go crazy and start a war against them.

To think of it, I use to have such neighbours who like to chat at the corridor late into the night. Early morning they just bang their shoe cabinet away from 6am to 630am. My baby boy was awakened a couple of time. So I went over, looked real angry, and warn them to be more considerate. It worked! At least for 2 weeks before I wrote a note and stick it to the shoe cabinet.

I really understand what you are going thru. Maybe just speak to them. Get ready for war first though. :unsure:

hmmm..i think better not start a war with neighbour in any way..they r your ideal crime prevention friend. perhaps we need to get used to it to whatever they do and life goes on

my ex neighbour, every morning during brushing teeth, he will use the "metal thing to scrap his tongue". Then there will be a loud vomit voice. Every morning (weekday) standard, 730am i will hear this sound. Weekend 9am. So irritating initially but after a while, i get used to it already.

oh ya..can we highlight this burglary issue to the town council? ask them to patrol our blk inside instead. The police car always at downstairs patrol, duno how can they help, sigh

Yes....but I think it is better to have more lights at the common access area and the light landing.

It is very dark and robbery like it that way.

Also, dont know whether can ask the police to have a police post at our place.

Just like bsc office, police post can be put at either blk25b, 25a, 27a or 26a etc...

That is very worrying and seem like the robberies are laughing with their stolen goods.

hmmm..i think better not start a war with neighbour in any way..they r your ideal crime prevention friend. perhaps we need to get used to it to whatever they do and life goes on

my ex neighbour, every morning during brushing teeth, he will use the "metal thing to scrap his tongue". Then there will be a loud vomit voice. Every morning (weekday) standard, 730am i will hear this sound. Weekend 9am. So irritating initially but after a while, i get used to it already.

oh ya..can we highlight this burglary issue to the town council? ask them to patrol our blk inside instead. The police car always at downstairs patrol, duno how can they help, sigh

Dear Folks,

After Monday night incident, I've been peeping thru the door every now & then.

Last night thru the door hole I saw someone tan/dark wearing a red shirt walking very quickly towards me & my neighbor's unit. And when I swing open the door, that guy walked quite quickly towards the staircase exit.

He's quite small build, height <1.65m. Was he trying to examine the possibilities of.........??? Or am i just being paranoid??? One thing I'm quite sure, is that he wasnt there to do haulage cos some debris were still around this morning!!!

i see no point in changing gate ... cos' if these people aim at your unit, that's it... they are capable to go in...

maybe a good alarm system will helps...

Change gate, change door, scarli they more want to break-in the particular unit how? Cos special mah, and scarli they looking for more challenge..

Hi xlan,

Well, they have already built a mirror there so I don't expect them to remove it. Just need to find some ways to counter act it. Will have to check with my own fengshui master.

I did talk to them when they are having some mass gathering at the corridor and outside my doorway on last sat mid night. They still continue wah. Just tt we give them one more chance to see whether their ritual gathering needs to carry on for another day. Then we will report police. Luckily they stopped.

Well i got no offence to indian but they are making my doorway rather messy with their chairs around. I really hate it.

hi, really sympathized with u. that's the thing about living in public housing. u never know what sort of neighbours u will be having. so 1st thing I did before moving in is to pray that we will have good neighbours. :) try not to spoil the relationship first. i believe u and your neighbours will be there for the next few years. if go to war, it will be very tiring. try to talk sense with them. (altho i have to admit that some people just dunno how to listen.) if still doesn't work, then try to seek external help e.g other neighbours, town council, HDB and lastly police.

Dear Folks,

After Monday night incident, I've been peeping thru the door every now & then.

Last night thru the door hole I saw someone tan/dark wearing a red shirt walking very quickly towards me & my neighbor's unit. And when I swing open the door, that guy walked quite quickly towards the staircase exit.

He's quite small build, height <1.65m. Was he trying to examine the possibilities of.........??? Or am i just being paranoid??? One thing I'm quite sure, is that he wasnt there to do haulage cos some debris were still around this morning!!!

hi,

maybe u may want to update the police so that they also keep a lookout for any guy that fits the description. u never know.....

The gate I'm hoping to change comes with an internal & external lock. I'm referring to a 2nd level of security lock on top of the normal keys used.

Lock from inside, ppl from outside cannot enter the house even if they managed to unlock from outside.

Lock from outside, ppl inside the house cannot come out even if they managed to unlock from outside

How good is it? My wife got locked inside her house b'cos her parents locked from the outside.

i see no point in changing gate ... cos' if these people aim at your unit, that's it... they are capable to go in...

maybe a good alarm system will helps...

alarm? so? banks also can get robbed... how secure can our house get with an alarm system?

like you said, if the people wanna steal from you, they'll do anything :)

buy home insurance is the best...

Edited by OnePostWonder

The gate I'm hoping to change comes with an internal & external lock. I'm referring to a 2nd level of security lock on top of the normal keys used.

Lock from inside, ppl from outside cannot enter the house even if they managed to unlock from outside.

Lock from outside, ppl inside the house cannot come out even if they managed to unlock from outside

wow....this gate sounds chim......