Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hi all neighbours..

i realised our flat's quality really sux...

i wonder if all new flats in another area have such problems as well..

Problems i encounter...

1. Choked toilet bowl.. contractor dismantle the toilet bowl and say the toilet bowl that hdb provided.. the hole is too small and will be choke easily if we use too much toilet paper... DUH! :dunno: and i saw the hole.. it is really small..

2. Door - the hinges all spoiled.. cannot locked.. called sub con to come take a look.. since tues... no one revert till now.

3. Telephone line no connection. singtel claim its hdb fault as our line connection outside the flat is okay.. hence there is a faulty connection in the flat.. call hdb sub con.. they say its singtel's fault.. nothing they can do abt it as singtel have inspect all the tel socket before handover... WTF!~ so angry called singtel and tell them to come down to solve the problem and i will not pay a single cent ( as singtel wana charge me $50 to come resolve the prob)... in the end they absorb the $50 and fixed the problem for me.. But i seriously think it's hdb's problem.. but u noe them.. always pushing it to others.. and never get things resolved

4. Water pipe leaking in kitchen ... we discover this b4 our reno... think its the same situation as ms bean..

complain to sub con like 4 times b4 they resolve the problem...

Seriously very fustrated with the quality of our flats.. plus we paid rather high price as compared to other 4 rm flats in singapore...

and HDB sub con service really sux... not efficient and never resolve our problems...

:furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Velynn, I still have not received any call from them with regards to the gate hinges

our houses are done by China Construction - seems "well-known" to my friends who are in this line

Edited by OnePostWonder

my contractor actually uses that "hole" for my sink, why must seal? I guess it boils down to your kitchen layout?

f_PIC0067m_1ef7806.jpg

hi,

this hole is different from what msbean mentioned. it's a small little pipe protruding out from the wall near the bottom on the same side as the washing machine tap (if you have not re-locate the tap).

Dear Neighbour

Below u can see very clear in the video how the water and holes look like :- The link

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk87/jm...21062008027.flv

Think you all will faint also

hi,

that's quite bad. u need to press HDB for compensation. this is defintely a design flaw. not everyone will have this problem depending on the height of this pipe. if it's low enough, it will be sealed off by the kitchen cabinet base. for your case, it is higher than 50 mm off the floor and hence part of it is exposed and water will leak to your cabinet. be firm with HDB.

Hi MS BEAN....omg.....that is really very bad! Hope the hdb main con will do something quick. I am sure they will have to pay for all this! I saw the video...is the water clean? I mean inlet pipe?

Hi Kelvin and Crazy....really confuse which hole you are referrning to. Is it the washing machine original tap pipe? Seriously I did not notice it before renovating.....now I am abit scare!

My metal gate still kiv by the hdb main con. Dont know when they come and fix it. I think I have to go down and talk to them again.

hi,

this hole is different from what msbean mentioned. it's a small little pipe protruding out from the wall near the bottom on the same side as the washing machine tap (if you have not re-locate the tap).

Guess that we have to send and shot to the top if the hdb main con drag your case. Just like main, wc water leakage...I shot and shot and shot and call can call and call.

Bukit Merah Branch Office bbmadmin@hdb.gov.sg

Quality Service Manager qsm@hdb.gov.sg

. Choked toilet bowl.. contractor dismantle the toilet bowl and say the toilet bowl that hdb provided.. the hole is too small and will be choke easily if we use too much toilet paper ( my MBR toilet also like that )

SO what did HDB or your Contractor do ??

Happy , u free to visit me today(monday) message me see if I around . YA my contractor call me claim against HDB . As I ask the China Contractor how long can help me settle know what he say , oh depend on paper work lor we need to do HDB need to do . I tell him off I have no time . Happy is dirty water , smelly as is the water from the upper lv .

I really scare will have dengure mosq .

Photo taken ,video taken I wednesday going to go see MP and for claim and solve my issue in a faster way .

hmmm..ask u all ah,

Most of us have bed side table right? how many do you all have?

0 or 1 or 2?

If dont have side tables, where do you put your stuffs? (specs etc)

i am thinking of buying 2 bed side table but worrying about the space constraint

Anyone used other alternatives to side table? Eg. a small box cushion type

YG,

i have 2 bedside table... why? you can't fix 2 bedside table? should have space lei.

Feel free to let me know if you want to take a look at my place again on the bedside table....k?

Hi all,

do you all realised that the wind always comes from telok blangah direction in our neighbourhood?

Will there be any chance the the wind will change direction?

(heard from my mum that the wind will change its direction throughout the year, so will come from different direction also. But so far i always feel the wind from 1 direction only leh..)

so far, my windy area is always at the kitchen, haha..sigh. how i wish the windy area is from the living room

better this way, clothings dry fast... but i realised night time - kitchen & living do have wind...

sad sia , my kitchen have water leakage , I have to hack my below kitchen cupboard and tiles and see what is going wrong , and now is not the contractor problem , end up is the small holes that HDB claim to say this holes is for the water to come out if there is something wrong with the internal pipe (etc pipe crack ) . ANd he say he have see 5 cases same as me only will see when the owner live in . :( :(

Die la si meh man fan , anyone have cases like me(is HDB Fault) and end up all expense claim HDB ? I really scare HDB dun want to bear . I need some advise ?

Msbean

our flat have 1 yr liability, so now still can report, it will be HDB expense.... but not sure about your carpentry work liao...

. Choked toilet bowl.. contractor dismantle the toilet bowl and say the toilet bowl that hdb provided.. the hole is too small and will be choke easily if we use too much toilet paper ( my MBR toilet also like that )

Happy , u free to visit me today(monday) message me see if I around . YA my contractor call me claim against HDB . As I ask the China Contractor how long can help me settle know what he say , oh depend on paper work lor we need to do HDB need to do . I tell him off I have no time . Happy is dirty water , smelly as is the water from the upper lv .

Photo taken ,video taken I wednesday going to go see MP and for claim and solve my issue in a faster way .

hi msbean

do keep your photo & any correspondense when you correspond with MP/ contractor.

thx nemofc , toilet bowl is a big issue as all thing have done , if need to dismantle is a big job again . very fan fan fan

Edited by msbean

happy,

i have the same feeling with you..now feel abit worried at where is my pipe hole now..

so its only that washing machine area right? hmmm..

YG,

i have 2 bedside table... why? you can't fix 2 bedside table? should have space lei.

Feel free to let me know if you want to take a look at my place again on the bedside table....k?

fn,

my bed is at the wall of the toilet there. is yours at there too? i measured already, should be able to fit in 2 side tables but just in case.. :P

Ya is at washing machine area , near The L part area .

20062008425-1.jpg

HDB MR chang call lor , will come down Asap .

Edited by msbean

wa.. msbean.. looks really bad.. hope u get them to settle for u asap.. now i'm really quite worried.. such thing u wouldn't know will it happen 1 day n when will it happen.. look at it more "positively".. still within warranty period.. n not 10yrs down the road.. hope MP would help.. if not.. send up all the fotos n videos to STOMP or OMY.. let the media do the pressurising job.. :notti:

as YG's qn on the wind direction.. as far as i knew/noticed.. 1st quarter to 3rd quarter of the calendar year.. shld b receiving wind frm the south (which is the PSA/mt faber tat area).. towards the 4th quarter it shld b more windy in the northern direction (where facing tiong bahru plaza side)..

YG, i do not have bedside table.. but my bedframe is a platform bed.. i can put the tissue box, hp, remote controllers on it.. clock n other little tings i put on the little tv console on the feature wall.. so no side table needed..

hi,

there's one more way to make them work faster. expose your case to the media. you can either write to the forum or call up the papers. sin min, wan bao, newpaper etc etc. each has some hotline to call. u can tell them about the sub-standard work, resulting in water leaking, then afraid about dengue, didn't the gov ask us to be diligent with dengue etc etc.

oh no, just read of your misfortunes msbean :( i hope things will be fine soon

already renovation saps up all most of our energy, frankly why cant they do a proper job and not have so much complaints following after that. :dunno:

hi all neighbours..

i realised our flat's quality really sux...

i wonder if all new flats in another area have such problems as well..

Problems i encounter...

1. Choked toilet bowl.. contractor dismantle the toilet bowl and say the toilet bowl that hdb provided.. the hole is too small and will be choke easily if we use too much toilet paper... DUH! :dunno: and i saw the hole.. it is really small..

2. Door - the hinges all spoiled.. cannot locked.. called sub con to come take a look.. since tues... no one revert till now.

3. Telephone line no connection. singtel claim its hdb fault as our line connection outside the flat is okay.. hence there is a faulty connection in the flat.. call hdb sub con.. they say its singtel's fault.. nothing they can do abt it as singtel have inspect all the tel socket before handover... WTF!~ so angry called singtel and tell them to come down to solve the problem and i will not pay a single cent ( as singtel wana charge me $50 to come resolve the prob)... in the end they absorb the $50 and fixed the problem for me.. But i seriously think it's hdb's problem.. but u noe them.. always pushing it to others.. and never get things resolved

4. Water pipe leaking in kitchen ... we discover this b4 our reno... think its the same situation as ms bean..

complain to sub con like 4 times b4 they resolve the problem...

Seriously very fustrated with the quality of our flats.. plus we paid rather high price as compared to other 4 rm flats in singapore...

and HDB sub con service really sux... not efficient and never resolve our problems...

:furious:

And I thought I was the only one encountering some of the above problems after I moved in.

a) The wife complained that I was not flushing the toilet bowl properly after usage, when I vividly remembered flushing.

I tried some experiments last nite and found that even without any toilet paper, the water takes a long time to be drained from the bowl, filling up the bowl almost to the brim in the meantime. Imagine how worse could it be when there are additional material in the bowl. I was afraid that the water might flow over from the toilet bowl.

b) The metal gate locking mechanism at the hinge cannot be used. According to my contractor, the spring loaded hinge was not there and thus the locking mechanism could not be used properly.

c) Metal gate hinge came off easily, as the sub con did not do a proper job of riveting the hinge to the gate. And like most forumers here, I paid the uncle to replace the hinge and weld them onto the gate.

d) My metal gate number plate came loose.

Will go home and check about the hole msbean is talking about. I did not do a concrete base as my cabinets are the "floating" type.

I will be writing a formal complain letter to the hdb town council about the problems tonight.

nite