Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi YG....I saw a hole in the pic...is that the hole??? Very blur...

my photo quite blur, anyone got a clearer photo to show?

f_JCReno24m_6608a64.jpg

Hi VELYNN....me too, I seldom use common toilet at all, yet the mbr toilet choked!!!

Hi OPW, i did not received any calls from sub con since tues too.. very fed up..

Hi H4Happy, i totally agree we should gather and complain... ...

Hi Ms Bean, i did wat the contractor says.. use less Toilet paper in my common toilet lor.. i seldom use the toilet oso... contractor only advised us to buy new toilet bowl.. we did not make a complain to hdb.. cos we tot its not a common problem and just resign to fact that we are unlucky...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mine 25b : same problem as yours!!!

so many problem can state from which blk ?? mine 26c gate problem and mbr toilet ...

thx neighbour for all yr concern , HDB cross finger say he not going to get involve to claim issue . I can write letter or what . He say not one know what problem HDB or contractor . I say we are the victim so u are telling me the stones drop from the heaven . They like pushing the fault to the heaven like i the unlucky one lor so L L la

Actuallly u are dun need to find the holes( the holes only will have water flow if there is internal leakage ) , just need to open up the TOP "white board " to see inside is it leakage or have water inside . (use yr hand to feel the pipe to see is it wet)

I ask him abt the toilet bowl he say oh the holes very big ma , shld be no problem . OMG !!!!!

He also cant do anything . He tell me there is a lot breakin in the connection blk to carpark as they received police report from there.

SO sad we are the victim and cant do anything , Wed I going to see MP see can help abit a not

Hope this help u all

f_JCReno24m_6608a64.jpg

HDB officer call me to make a small pipeline to let the water flow out (for future use/ unlucky kana again )

Actually I also dunno is it hide inside the wall tiles becos at the 1st place I like never notice there a stupid dam holes there .

Anyone have not start reno can help me see ?

The design is very werid as normally ppl will do a washing machine base and end up cover the "holes" (the officer also admit the design something wrong)

Edited by msbean

thx neighbour for all yr concern , HDB cross finger say he not going to get involve to claim issue . I can write letter or what . He say not one know what problem HDB or contractor . I say we are the victim so u are telling me the stones drop from the heaven . They like pushing the fault to the heaven like i the unlucky one lor so L L la

Actuallly u are dun need to find the holes( the holes only will have water flow if there is internal leakage ) , just need to open up the TOP "white board " to see inside is it leakage or have water inside . (use yr hand to feel the pipe to see is it wet)

I ask him abt the toilet bowl he say oh the holes very big ma , shld be no problem . OMG !!!!!

He also cant do anything . He tell me there is a lot breakin in the connection blk to carpark as they received police report from there.

SO sad we are the victim and cant do anything , Wed I going to see MP see can help abit a not

Hope this help u all

f_JCReno24m_6608a64.jpg

HDB officer call me to make a small pipeline to let the water flow out (for future use/ unlucky kana again )

Actually I also dunno is it hide inside the wall tiles becos at the 1st place I like never notice there a stupid dam holes there .

Anyone have not start reno can help me see ?

The design is very werid as normally ppl will do a washing machine base and end up cover the "holes" (the officer also admit the design something wrong)

it's actually not a hole but a small pipe protruding out from the wall. sorry couldn't find any picture to show. perhaps those who have not started reno can show. not everyone will be able to find this hole now bcos if it's low enough originally, it will be seal off by the kitchen cabinet base.

since the officer admitted it's a design flaw, then ask him to resolve the problem. hope that the MP is able to assist you.

Hey JM forumers,

- yes, there is such a hole in every unit.

- YG's pix, can see, pointed out by msbean.

- e hdb officer's reply 2 e queries r correct.

- base on my understanding, e ID olso at fault, not solely hdb's.

- hdb's initial layout planning was 2 place e washing machine there, dat is y e water supply tap is on e same side & same pcs of wall.

- ID/contractor who noes wat 2 do, wil saw/cut away e small protruding pipe & seal it up with cement.

- ID/contractor who do not noe wat 2 do, shd hav check wif his Senior or Manager. But not cover up dis pipe in e kitchen cabinet.

- who wil bear e rectification cost? well, i gues 50% each.

- yah, by going 2 e MP is e correct step. Ur GRC is under Snr Mnstr, sure got power. it olso depends how u complaint e matter.

- but wait & see wat's e action taken by hdb under e 'instructive letter' by e MP b4 u publicize e matter.

- i belief ur complain wil stop here, dun hav 2 go further up & more.

- Water Closet Cistern overflow? It can be adjusted by e mechanism in e cistern. Open up e cover at e top, look inside e cistern, study how it works wen 1 flush & water refil, 1 wil understand.

- basically e mechanism inside e cistern can regulates e amount of water during flushing.

- Water Closet choke? Most likely it is caused by too much toilet paper in e S-trap. e S-trap diametre is standard size, it works by siphonic action.

- if 1 WC olways choke, then e whole JM WC olso wil choke.

PS: i'm not a gov agent, jus wana share my 2 cents of gossip.

:rolleyes:

Hey JM forumers,

- yes, there is such a hole in every unit.

- YG's pix, can see, pointed out by msbean.

- e hdb officer's reply 2 e queries r correct.

- base on my understanding, e ID olso at fault, not solely hdb's.

- hdb's initial layout planning was 2 place e washing machine there, dat is y e water supply tap is on e same side & same pcs of wall.

- ID/contractor who noes wat 2 do, wil saw/cut away e small protruding pipe & seal it up with cement.

- ID/contractor who do not noe wat 2 do, shd hav check wif his Senior or Manager. But not cover up dis pipe in e kitchen cabinet.

- who wil bear e rectification cost? well, i gues 50% each.

- yah, by going 2 e MP is e correct step. Ur GRC is under Snr Mnstr, sure got power. it olso depends how u complaint e matter.

- but wait & see wat's e action taken by hdb under e 'instructive letter' by e MP b4 u publicize e matter.

- i belief ur complain wil stop here, dun hav 2 go further up & more.

- Water Closet Cistern overflow? It can be adjusted by e mechanism in e cistern. Open up e cover at e top, look inside e cistern, study how it works wen 1 flush & water refil, 1 wil understand.

- basically e mechanism inside e cistern can regulates e amount of water during flushing.

- Water Closet choke? Most likely it is caused by too much toilet paper in e S-trap. e S-trap diametre is standard size, it works by siphonic action.

- if 1 WC olways choke, then e whole JM WC olso wil choke.

PS: i'm not a gov agent, jus wana share my 2 cents of gossip.

:rolleyes:

my idol is here :bow::bow:

ya i was thinking abt that too..ID/contractor plays a part also. if they see some unknown hole,they shld know better what is the hole is for. If he dont know he should ask more

agree with you :sport-smiley-018:

the design of the flat also no good. hdb fault too..(hmmm maybe not hdb fault la,its china construction people?)

Oic...that small tube...I think I ever saw it but nvr ask what is that for.

And it almost erase off that thing from my mind during the renovation period. Totally forgotten about it. Especially small small items hidden in one corner!

my photo quite blur, anyone got a clearer photo to show?

f_JCReno24m_6608a64.jpg

YG,

where is it?

Latest news!! Saw many police cars at Blk 27A and 27B searching and making reports with a family. Not sure what happened? Probably another break-in. Scary :jawdrop:

serious :jawdrop: scarely

fn,

my bed is at the wall of the toilet there. is yours at there too? i measured already, should be able to fit in 2 side tables but just in case.. :P

yes, same. Can fit 2 side table. 1 near to aircon window, 1 exactly touch the door edge. But my bed is Queen size hor.... not king..

hi nitehwk

do u happen to still have the uncle's no?

hi msbean

thanks for pointin this out! i didn't even notice such a hole in the kitchen....need to speed down to my hse n see! :horse:

now dunno if my cabinet got block it or not......urgh......

I do not have the number, but i remember vividly someone here has his contacts. =)

Anyways, I think he will go around the buildings again on the weekends to knock on the doors to sell his wares. I did mine last weekend when he showed up.

YG,

where is it?

serious :jawdrop: scarely

yes, same. Can fit 2 side table. 1 near to aircon window, 1 exactly touch the door edge. But my bed is Queen size hor.... not king..

ok..mine also queen. btw my area has 2 switch, its just located at my side table area. So i have to buy those side table without back already. not easy to find leh..