Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

By the time you spot any defects, the bsc lady will tell you;

"You should report the defect before you start your renovation."

8|:furious::curse:

Happy, you are right! That is their favourite sentence ! 8| But who will know that the flat has so many defect before we stay in it ... For example: the toilet bowl choked, water pipe leaking and metal gate lock faulty and more... All these problems will only surface when we use them. :(

I heard that the Service Center are moving out in september. We better report all defects before they shift, or else have to go down to the Bukit Merah HDB branch and quene for hours there.

kbp

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HAHAHAHA...better ask the lady to use recorder for : YOU SHOULD CHECK FOR DEFECTS BEFORE RENOVATION.

Even my metal gate lock is spoilt and she also say the same thing! Make my blood boiled!

Happy, you are right! That is their favourite sentence ! 8| But who will know that the flat has so many defect before we stay in it ... For example: the toilet bowl choked, water pipe leaking and metal gate lock faulty and more... All these problems will only surface when we use them. :(

I heard that the Service Center are moving out in september. We better report all defects before they shift, or else have to go down to the Bukit Merah HDB branch and quene for hours there.

kbp

HAHAHAHA...better ask the lady to use recorder for : YOU SHOULD CHECK FOR DEFECTS BEFORE RENOVATION.

Even my metal gate lock is spoilt and she also say the same thing! Make my blood boiled!

Yep, I agree! It is so typical of her, me and my hubby had very bad experiences with her before we did our renovation. She will try to push everything so that she would not have to lift a finger. In the end, we asked for each individual sub-con's contact no. to liaise evrything ourselves. Saved us alot of time and trouble! It is so painful getting her to help. Makes our blood boil!

sad sad : ( : ( my kitchen still hv leakage after all thing hv been done and reinstall .

I now notice the below pipe like also hv crack or holes but this time like need to hack open the wall tiles to see or repair as is right below the pipes . this time they cant say is the top neighbour make the holes (plumber poke to hard from the top)

waaaa the **** is this . Anyone can advise me , I really dun feel like paying this . IS NOT OUR FAULT , ALL THE PIPE IS INSIDE HOW WE KNOW IT HAVE CRACK OR HOLES ONLY UNTIL WE MOVE IN THEN CAN SEE .

As the water is little by little flow out from the tiles

My cupboard soon will spoilt if keep install and uninstall .

Edited by msbean

sad sad : ( : ( my kitchen still hv leakage after all thing hv been done and reinstall .

I now notice the below pipe like also hv crack or holes but this time like need to hack open the wall tiles to see or repair as is right below the pipes . this time they cant say is the top neighbour make the holes (plumber poke to hard from the top)

waaaa the **** is this . Anyone can advise me , I really dun feel like paying this . IS NOT OUR FAULT , ALL THE PIPE IS INSIDE HOW WE KNOW IT HAVE CRACK OR HOLES ONLY UNTIL WE MOVE IN THEN CAN SEE .

Hi Ms bean, you can complain directly to HDB ? Or write a complain letter and attention to their HOD/CEO ? The conceal waterpipe are installed by the HDB meh, so they should hold partial or full responsiblity for the poor quality of work that cause the water pipe to leak ....

kbp

Edited by kbp026

Ms bean and all,

my advise will be to write in to the hdb officer in charge of your block and complain. You can go into the hdb website and into your profile to see who is in charge. I wrote in to mine and the response was pretty quick. They would call though, my guess would be they would not wan to email us so that we could not use anything as evidence in case the matters blow up.

hdb infoweb services

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BF02SPI...app/FI10PPORTAL

Under my flat tab, there will be a name and email address that you can email directly for answers.

I would also advise anyone (reading, active or just lurking in this forum) who has problems to write in, the counter argument that the project officer is providing is that if the problem is common, why am I the only person out of 1305 households complaining. I guess most of my neighbors already rectified it themselves, seeing how efficient the contractors are, or has decided to live with it.

Therefore, I urge everyone who has problems similar to ours, to make a **** of a din to the officers assigned to your block provided in the hdb website. =)

nite

Ms bean and all,

my advise will be to write in to the hdb officer in charge of your block and complain. You can go into the hdb website and into your profile to see who is in charge. I wrote in to mine and the response was pretty quick. They would call though, my guess would be they would not wan to email us so that we could not use anything as evidence in case the matters blow up.

hdb infoweb services

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BF02SPI...app/FI10PPORTAL

Under my flat tab, there will be a name and email address that you can email directly for answers.

I would also advise anyone (reading, active or just lurking in this forum) who has problems to write in, the counter argument that the project officer is providing is that if the problem is common, why am I the only person out of 1305 households complaining. I guess most of my neighbors already rectified it themselves, seeing how efficient the contractors are, or has decided to live with it.

Therefore, I urge everyone who has problems similar to ours, to make a **** of a din to the officers assigned to your block provided in the hdb website. =)

nite

Yes I total agree I email to my blk officer and his senior requested a good explaintion to my defect , they wont email back and only call me in a quick and say the main contractor will go down (but no one call me to make a arrangment )

Actually me and my husband think of just hack care if we are selling our unit in 5year time but I say 5year time we cant find a good location like JM and the cost now .

I too tired of this as HDB push to main contractor , and HDB push all to us . I going to MP on Wednesday . how they can help us in resolve this in a clean job and not have any more of this .

I will feedback after my visit .

hi, how are all taking to noise from the coffeeshops, and from illegal parkers who honk at ungodly hours??

how close r u staying to the coffee shops? i'm on the 7th floor, can't hear anything...

hihi, need help. Anybody out there employ part time domestic helper? I need one during weekends but seems like all fully taken during weekends. :dunno:

Anyone has good recommendations? Thanks!

Pert

hi, how are all taking to noise from the coffeeshops, and from illegal parkers who honk at ungodly hours??

i dun get disturb by the coffeeshop n cars cos the studio apartments n the lift lobby kinda buffer the noises.

but the lift's bell is very loud! the ~~ding dong can get pretty irritatin after a while.....

Edited by apa

hi neighbours,

I've moved in and so far so good, just that we are already tired of the choices at the 2 kopitiams. The zi char at one of the kopitiams isn't good at all.

The corridor lights are shining right through my master bedroom window where the aircon is. Need to do up curtains for that, it's like a free bedside lamp :P

Yesterday afternoon, we were disturbed by this car that had its music blasting from its speakers so loudly that my kids woke up from their nap.

Turns out that this driver, just came out of the car and took 2 bags of fertiliser from 27A, then drove off! What the nerve!

In the middle of the night, there's also an uncle who tries to hack the metal locks from the doors that are discarded at the void deck. Can hear him hacking it....

Interesting neighbourhood...

i find chicken rice for tat zi char kopitiam is not too bad though.....

the patrons drinkin beer at tat kopitiam sit very near to the curb where cars go in n out of the carpark. have encounter a few times when they talk n sway around like they gonna fall onto oncomin traffic....so dangerous!

Today my plumber came to check the toilet bowl, and the flushing is ok! Ask me to monitor a few days and see how is it.

Hi Sierra....my mbr can hear the vechicle sound very clearly despite satying at high floor, Probably the echo travel far! Anyway, get use to it liao especially in the afternoon, the school will play a short music at 330pm! Recess time over! hahaha

Hi PERT...there are a few poster stick on the lift.

Hi MS BEAM...how is your kitchen now??? Hope everything is fine!

Edited by h4happy

Hi happy,

amazing how sound travels ya? I thought staying on low floors would be more affected. seems like others get it too.

waiting for the rooftop garden to be done, maybe we can all meet there :)