Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Monkey

Rice (fan Tong!)

1) What do you use to store your rice?

2) Where do you 'house' your rice container?

I am wondering if I should dedicate a shelf space for a rice container, with a pull out base, for ease of access.

Any ideas?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
1) What do you use to store your rice?

2) Where do you 'house' your rice container?

I am wondering if I should dedicate a shelf space for a rice container, with a pull out base, for ease of access.

Any ideas?

I put under the stove, where the space is bigger. So no need "pull out" I can access :D

For the container, I use a type of transparent container which can be found in SEIYU, it's specially for rice. there's even a small compartment on the lid to put dried chilli, to keep the rice bug at bay :lol:

I put under the stove, where the space is bigger. So no need "pull out" I can access :D

For the container, I use a type of transparent container which can be found in SEIYU, it's specially for rice. there's even a small compartment on the lid to put dried chilli, to keep the rice bug at bay :sport-smiley-004:

Just the right thread when I'm looking for info on this as well.

My parents use a huge plastic 'tong' and store the rice under the stove as well. I think I'll run over to SEIYU and take a look at this container.

For Chunky Monkey, I think you need to decide how often you need to access your 'fan tong'. 80-20 rule will probably determine if you want to spend more to improve on your method to access your grains :D

Hi. Wanted to put the picture of my dispenser here, but can't seem to get through to imageshack.

There is a picture of it in my t-blog though, post 257:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...7067&st=240

It is a 12.5 kg Tupperware rice dispenser. I have it on the countertop. 1 swipe to dispense rice. Each swipe is 1 cup. I pour any excess rice back into the dispenser. Life time warranty. Now on offer at $94. Bought it for $90 from a Tupperware shop closing sale. :sport-smiley-004:

Mine is just a normal plastic container that bought from the shop that selling bowls and plates... it is meant for the rice... which one side show "mi" and another side show "man"... few dollors only...

IMM selling one type that made by wood.... quite nice... about $30...

Mine is also the rice dispenser from Tupperware. Very easy to dispense and also fill up rice. Even if we top up the rice, the ones from the previous batch will be used first as the dispenser is at the bottom. My mum in law is a Tupperware supplier. The rice dispenser is on sale now. If anyone interested can pm me your details and I can order it for you.

Mine is also the rice dispenser from Tupperware. Very easy to dispense and also fill up rice. Even if we top up the rice, the ones from the previous batch will be used first as the dispenser is at the bottom. My mum in law is a Tupperware supplier. The rice dispenser is on sale now. If anyone interested can pm me your details and I can order it for you.

Hi, how much does one of this cost? It's a great house warming gift.

I saw one at my fren's house also.. Personally, I find it very convenient, but a waste of the space on the counter top leh... Cos my house the kitchen very small, so the countertop very precious :yamseng:

So sorry to thgose who have pm me but I have yet to reply cos busy wif my cousin's wedding. It is actually retailing for $145.50. The sale price is $94.60. However, I juz called my mum in law. Apparently its out of stock now. Have to wait at least until mid August for the new stock.

Btw, I did not put mine on the counter top as I prefer the uncluttered look. So I placed it in the kitchen cabinet under my sink. :notti:

So sorry to thgose who have pm me but I have yet to reply cos busy wif my cousin's wedding. It is actually retailing for $145.50. The sale price is $94.60. However, I juz called my mum in law. Apparently its out of stock now. Have to wait at least until mid August for the new stock.

Btw, I did not put mine on the counter top as I prefer the uncluttered look. So I placed it in the kitchen cabinet under my sink. :notti:

Ya, tat's a nice rice dispenser.

May I know what's the measurement?

Thanks!

wah so exp. we bot a cheap cheap one for abt $6.50 only. anyway seldom cook so no point lah :notti:

Its 40cm(L), 20cm(W), 39.5cm(H). Its for 12kg of rice.

It can dispense from the bottom wif 1 swipe of the lever, see through content window (so u know if your rice is finishing), tray comes wif measurement scale, rice is filled fr the top to ensure the old is used b4 the new.

It comes wif lifetime warranty.

Edited by lynzi

Its 40cm(L), 20cm(W), 39.5cm(H). Its for 12kg of rice.

It can dispense from the bottom wif 1 swipe of the lever, see through content window (so u know if your rice is finishing), tray comes wif measurement scale, rice is filled fr the top to ensure the old is used b4 the new.

It comes wif lifetime warranty.

wow that's really tempting

any idea when the stock will come in?