Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wondering

Cancellation Of Hdb Flat

Got a flat in tpy and paid for the 5%. But things dun go as plan and i decided to give up the flat and understood that the 5% will be forfeited. However, the other party would like to check of the flat can be transfer to any of his family members. Please advice, as i understood that the new flat cant be transfer to other pple. Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sorry to hear abt it.

I don't think that is possible but the best is to check with HDB directly as with all queries of such nature.

Do hope that you can resolve it soon.

Cheers

Sorry to hear abt it.

I don't think that is possible but the best is to check with HDB directly as with all queries of such nature.

Do hope that you can resolve it soon.

Cheers

its ok..i am fine to let go of the flat. just that the other party is unwilling to....and doesnt want to sign on the form. and is taking his own sweet time

its ok..i am fine to let go of the flat. just that the other party is unwilling to....and doesnt want to sign on the form. and is taking his own sweet time

any lawyers involve?

Got a flat in tpy and paid for the 5%. But things dun go as plan and i decided to give up the flat and understood that the 5% will be forfeited. However, the other party would like to check of the flat can be transfer to any of his family members. Please advice, as i understood that the new flat cant be transfer to other pple. Thanks

in the first place, why do you want to give up the flat? if you were to write to hdb and hdb needs to hear your valid reason. :good:

it's good that you all go down to hdb personally and check it out. the people over there will advise you on this matter. :D

any lawyers involve?

Nope..no lawyers involved

another qnt suddenly came into my mind..

will he will able to take my name off and replace it another applicant name?

sometimes ago a friend was in a similar situation

so her name was replaced by another name

as long as a proper family nucleus is formed by adding the appilcant, hdb should allow it on a case-by-case basis

maybe he still doesn't want to give up yet?

Nope..no lawyers involved

another qnt suddenly came into my mind..

will he will able to take my name off and replace it another applicant name?

mm..i think it depend whether are your Joint Tenancy or Tenancy in common..ideally, should not

mm..i think it depend whether are your Joint Tenancy or Tenancy in common..ideally, should not

if both the couples' names are under the flat then is it joint tenancy or tenancy in common? !!

it depends on what you choose

most couples choose joint tenancy coz that means if either one pass away, the other party will naturally inherit the entire flat, regardless of what the will says

if you have gotten a property, be it private or hdb, you should know already mah

most couples choose joint tenancy coz that means if either one pass away, the other party will naturally inherit the entire flat, regardless of what the will says

if you have gotten a property, be it private or hdb, you should know already mah

i think ours should be joint tenancy. usually, nowadays couples will choose joint tenancy. :dancingqueen:

my parents generation choose joint tenancy

think new-age couples will choose tenancy in common

coz if touch wood, relationship not going well, the flat will still go to the estranged partner :dancingqueen:

esp private property...

my parents generation choose joint tenancy

think new-age couples will choose tenancy in common

coz if touch wood, relationship not going well, the flat will still go to the estranged partner :dancingqueen:

esp private property...

i thought you mentioned most couples choose joint tenancy?? i prefer joint tenancy. :thumbs up:

yes i meant previously

nowadays pple are more practical (at least those that i know)

like my friends all learn through experience, when going to split up time will get quite worried coz even if you have a will, the flat will still go towards the other tenant

then the parents / child will get nothing at all :D

hehehe, i prefer to have my own place and my bf his own place

no need headache :D

yes i meant previously

nowadays pple are more practical (at least those that i know)

like my friends all learn through experience, when going to split up time will get quite worried coz even if you have a will, the flat will still go towards the other tenant

then the parents / child will get nothing at all :)

hehehe, i prefer to have my own place and my bf his own place

no need headache :jawdrop:

hmmm so even have will also goes to the other party??????

need to check on this le.... i think most pple dunno leh