Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
harvey96

Aircon Cleaning

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

dun think you can self-clean compressor, fancoil no problem, use the cleaning foam cost $3+ i think, but make sure you vacumm the fins properly hoh....b4 spraying....

Anyone??

eerm the product u mentioned, i have used before. i bought a similar one for 13 dollars at hardware shop. haha, 3in1 aircon cleaner.

the 3in1 a/c cleaner you mention are for the fins of the coil only.

I'm interested in people here who have brought airconaire DIY kit and tried it on their own a/c and give comments..anyone?

Yup, i bought the concaire from Home fix during it's offer period abt $49.90 comes with one big bottle, one spray bottle, one plastic bag to contain the dirty water. Overall effect is quite OK but after washing there is a disinfecting smell coming out from my aircon for few days. After finish using the concaire, i went to get the karcher steam cleaner.

It is more cost saving this way, no more disinfecting smell after washing. I use the steam cleaner to clean my aircon unit, compressor unit. The hot steam also helps to disinfect. maybe you should try too.

anyone here tried buying and using the DIY cleaning kit from airconcaire before?

http://www.airconcare.com/

The product can be brought over fro mhome self fix store at $60 for one kit

Yeah I bought it recently and tried it out. I worked out great for me. My bedroom ac was leaking water. So I bought the kit to try it out but was got tied up. But since I was so busy at work I decided to just use the bag first to collect the leak while keeping the aircon turned on. It worked for me and we were able to turn on our leaking ac at night. all I had to do was empty the water the next day. The following weekend, I finally had time to clean it so I took off the filter and cover. Just replace the normal trigger spray with the long metal nozzle one that came with the kit. I just sprayed the chemical as close to the fins as possible and let it stand for about 5 mins. Cleaning the blower was a little tricker. I could not see the rotor blade so I had to use a LED flash light. (Man these things are really powerful and cheap too! I got one for $2 at $ Value Shop). Once I started applying the spray on the rotor. Man, I could see the dirt start loosening into the wash bag. After waiting for 5 mins, I used a garden pressure spray which you can buy at any hardware shop to rinse off the dirt and I tell you they all came flowing out into the bag. I never new how dirty my aircon was. After that, I turned on the ac before removing the bag. Oh and I pull up the front of the bag to catch the water spraying from the rotor. I must say it worked out very well for me. I am really grateful for this product, because 3 months ago, I paid $150 for professionals to come clean my room ac and the results were just about the same as this. In fact, the air is even fresher with this and I did not have to make appointments and wait for them or clean up after them. Although I have to admit, the spraying was a little tiring but it was worth it.

Hope I this is helpful

Yup, i bought the concaire from Home fix during it's offer period abt $49.90 comes with one big bottle, one spray bottle, one plastic bag to contain the dirty water. Overall effect is quite OK but after washing there is a disinfecting smell coming out from my aircon for few days. After finish using the concaire, i went to get the karcher steam cleaner.

It is more cost saving this way, no more disinfecting smell after washing. I use the steam cleaner to clean my aircon unit, compressor unit. The hot steam also helps to disinfect. maybe you should try too.

Before I bought the product, I also considered the steam cleaner but then my friend who is a material engineer warned me that excessive steam on metal can cause metal fatigue. He explained that the extreme temperature of the steam is not good for the surface of the high pressure coils. Continuous thermal stress (sudden temperature shocks) can cause the high pressure coils to rupture and leak. Once the cooling coils leak, you might as well buy another aircon. In any case, I did not experience any chemical odors after cleaning the aircon with the product. I believe it could happen if not enough water was used.

we just moved into a 5 yr old apartment. the aircon works but one side vent like no air coming out while the other had very cold air coming out. even though we set the temp at 25c, the room was freezing this morning. so i used a torchlight to look into the vents and i could see thick black stuff all over the blower/rotor blade.

my office next door got homefix so i went during lunchtime but they did not sell the Airconcare only got MrMckenic so no choice i bought the MrMckenic. then i went home and used a black trashbag stick under the aircon. the MrMckenic is foam type and it sticks all over the roller but doen't flush out the black stuff. i spary the whole vent all full of foam and waited 10mins for the foam to dissapear. the black stuff is now all wet but still clinging onto the roller. so no choice i use my karscher steam cleaner to blow into the roller. the black stuff dissapear but a bit of black droplets of water trickle out.

the steam actually evaporates so there isn't much water to flush and i suspect i blew the black grime deep into the unit but at least both vents now have air coming out.

my view is the foam type cleaner like mr mckenic can only be used to clean the fins and steam cleaner cannot flush or wash, it only blows.

now have to make appointent with aircon serviceman to take a look and clean it properly...

we just moved into a 5 yr old apartment. the aircon works but one side vent like no air coming out while the other had very cold air coming out. even though we set the temp at 25c, the room was freezing this morning. so i used a torchlight to look into the vents and i could see thick black stuff all over the blower/rotor blade.

my office next door got homefix so i went during lunchtime but they did not sell the Airconcare only got MrMckenic so no choice i bought the MrMckenic. then i went home and used a black trashbag stick under the aircon. the MrMckenic is foam type and it sticks all over the roller but doen't flush out the black stuff. i spary the whole vent all full of foam and waited 10mins for the foam to dissapear. the black stuff is now all wet but still clinging onto the roller. so no choice i use my karscher steam cleaner to blow into the roller. the black stuff dissapear but a bit of black droplets of water trickle out.

the steam actually evaporates so there isn't much water to flush and i suspect i blew the black grime deep into the unit but at least both vents now have air coming out.

my view is the foam type cleaner like mr mckenic can only be used to clean the fins and steam cleaner cannot flush or wash, it only blows.

now have to make appointent with aircon serviceman to take a look and clean it properly...

Yeah Like I said .... I tried the other products but they don't work. So far, only AIRCONcare worked for me and I really love their bag design too because it was so easy and convenient to use. Oh I ordered the product of the internet had it delivered to my home - they did this free delivery deal (not sure if its still there but you might want to check out their website http://www.airconcare.com/

Yeah Like I said .... I tried the other products but they don't work. So far, only AIRCONcare worked for me and I really love their bag design too because it was so easy and convenient to use. Oh I ordered the product of the internet had it delivered to my home - they did this free delivery deal (not sure if its still there but you might want to check out their website http://www.airconcare.com/

hey guys, im deciding on getting a set of AIRCONcare, but i would like to know how to we clean the compressor unit with this? videos showed how to clean the units but not the compressor.

appreciate it!

hey guys, im deciding on getting a set of AIRCONcare, but i would like to know how to we clean the compressor unit with this? videos showed how to clean the units but not the compressor.

appreciate it!

It just so happens that I used it to clean my compressor last weekend. I just sprayed the compressor coil with the chemical solution. I think keeping the spray nozzle close to the coil helps. I made sure I covered the coil completely with it. Just wait 10 mins and flush with water. Oh I off'ed my mains just in case. I had a long hose to just hose down the coil. This time, I did not clean the rotor but if you see that the rotor blades are dirty, just ready the cover and spray chemical directly onto each blade just like you would your home standing fan blade. I find that its alot easier to remove the dirt from the blades with their chemical. (I even tried it on my tower fan and it work rather well for me. But that's a separate story.) Just wipe the blades especially the edges of any dirt. This will help get back the aerodynamics of the blades which means they will have the blowing power again. Hope this helps.

Cheers

It just so happens that I used it to clean my compressor last weekend. I just sprayed the compressor coil with the chemical solution. I think keeping the spray nozzle close to the coil helps. I made sure I covered the coil completely with it. Just wait 10 mins and flush with water. Oh I off'ed my mains just in case. I had a long hose to just hose down the coil. This time, I did not clean the rotor but if you see that the rotor blades are dirty, just ready the cover and spray chemical directly onto each blade just like you would your home standing fan blade. I find that its alot easier to remove the dirt from the blades with their chemical. (I even tried it on my tower fan and it work rather well for me. But that's a separate story.) Just wipe the blades especially the edges of any dirt. This will help get back the aerodynamics of the blades which means they will have the blowing power again. Hope this helps.

Cheers

thanks buddy, your valuable tips will certainly help me.. i shall order from your suggested website tomorrow, hope they are still around :)

My diakin system 4 inverter aircon is 10 years old. It spoilt recently due to inverter PCB board burnt and was replaced by Daikin vendor themselves. Saw a burnt mark on the old PCB board when the Daikin vendor returned the old PCB board to me. It was not a question of replacing the air-con as I need to understand the reason for the PCB board getting burnt in the first place. A couple of reasons based on my very limited knowledge and discussion with some aircon technicians. Firstly it maybe because of current surge that caused the burnt, but there was no fuse or other electrical parts getting burnt and also no signs of shorts anyway on the board(no dead lizard or creature). Furthermore there was no recent electrical trips in my house prior to the PCB board getting burnt as I could remember for the last 3 years. Secondly it maybe that the condensor coils were getting dirty due to a layer of dust(2mm) as there was no cleaning for 10 years, thus causing the compressor to work much harder to get rid of the heat due to clogging by the dust which reduced the air circulation. Thus as such I had to know the reason for the PCB board burnt. The alternative would be to sent the burnt PCB board to Daikin Singapore to diagnose the root cause and that maybe possible but I have yet to explore that option.

Daikin vendor suggested that I don't waste my money to either normal clean or chemical clean the air-con and just use it until it spoils as it is 10 years old. Yes, it is considered very good to have a Daikin inverter aircon running for 10 years old especially this particular model of MK75 which is known for inverter PCB board burnt or other components getting spoilt as I gathered from the 3rd party aircon technicians. This is not something that Daikin themselves admit to as I viewed it as possibly a manufacturing defect.

I wanted a 2nd opinion from another independant air-con vendor who suggested that a chemical clean be done for all the Qty: 02 used room FCU and the compressor which will costs almost $300 inclusive of refilling of compressor aircon refrigerant gas; he advised that a normal clean will be of little use I was in a dilemma because obviously I do not want to spend all these money to clean the air-con and subsequently have the aircon spoiled due to another PCB board burnt or compressor motor failure as thse are 2 common causes. My CFO(wife) also vetoed this suggestion to clean the aircon.

Left with no recourse I then bought concaire for $59 for HomeFix which allowed me to clean either Qty: 05 FCU or Qty: 04 FCU and Qty: 01 outdoor condensor. I cleaned the Qty: 01 master bed room FCU first by following the instructions on the big bottle very closely and ensured that I did not wet any electrical parts and also use a soft tooth brush to get rid of the stuck dirt in the fan coils and rotary fan blades first. I also re-filled the spray bottle with water about 15 mins after spraying the concaire chemicals onto the FCU coils and rotary blades fans to ensure that the chemicals are flushed out fully. Then I extend the plastic bag that is collecting all these dirty water under my aircon to collect the rotary fan water spray after I switched on the aircon. That night my wife commented that the aircon was very cold and powerful as she can feel the air from thes aircon blowing very strongly and far for the first time after so many years. Subsequently we monitored and observered the behavor over the next few days. Funnily she also set a the temperature to 29 degree celcius as she felt that the room was too cold. I told her to set it back to 28 degree celcius as a too high temperature may not be good for the aircon.

Once we confirmed there was no lingering problems after the cleaning over the next couple of days, I cleaned another room FCU and the breeze became strong and powerful once more. Finally I waited for a rainy day(so that neighbors don't complain) to clean the outdoor condensor by spraying the concaire solution onto the external coils of the condensor after I had use a soft tooth brush to remove the caked dirt on it. Then I rinsed with water using the spray bottle.

I'm a very satisfied customer of concaire. Currently after 1 month, the performance of the aircon remains strong and powerful. There is no corrosion or signs of the aluminium fins becoming brittle as I understand that concaire solution is very mild compared to CX488 which is commercially used for the purpose of chemical cleaning.

This is sharing my experience with concaire for those who wants to try DIY. It saves money and is very satisfactory when you realise that the so-called chemcial cleaning might actually weaken your aluminimum fins if done too often.