Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prodriver6

My rebuild journey, thus far...

ok, looks like this is part and parcel of the rebuild process then... only one side is tarped, strange they didnt tarp the other side. 

guess its not helping when its raining cats and dogs lately. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha. Yeah funny why only tarp one side. 

that’s why need to do precon survey of the neighbors houses to cover this type of situations so that there won’t be any disputes on damages

guys, i would like some feedback of solar panels on RC roof. so we know RC roof is susceptible to roof leaks? and probably waterproofing lifespan is max 10 years?

with solar panels installed, it would mean that re-waterproofing is to be done, the panels have to be removed and taken down again.

thoughts around this laborious process?

4 hours ago, prodriver6 said:

Anyone knows if my house can have direct city gas pipe or require lpg tank?

How to check

Write in to city gas to check. You will likely need to pay for the laying of pipe to your house if there is supply nearby.

6 hours ago, prodriver6 said:

I did that... and now city say its dependent if there is gas man along the road. Need to check with power Gas

Just walk around your estate and see if anyone has gas installed for their house. You will see on the pavement near the meter box showing a metal plate saying gas pipe below or something similar. If you see the sign then should be able to get piped gas. Else means no chances already. 

sharing my findings here... so city gas reached out to power gas (sibei confusing) and it turns our that the nearest gas pipe is 460m away from my unit.

the cost to lay the pipes is 227K before GST... yes its not a typo... its $227,000

induction cooker/lpg gas it is :)

2 hours ago, prodriver6 said:

sharing my findings here... so city gas reached out to power gas (sibei confusing) and it turns our that the nearest gas pipe is 460m away from my unit.

the cost to lay the pipes is 227K before GST... yes its not a typo... its $227,000

induction cooker/lpg gas it is :)

I installed both induction (dry kitchen) and gas (wet kitchen) cookers. I catered for 2 LPG cylinders (1 on standby) below my gas cooker.

pull a 32A point to where you are planning to install your cooker. better prep a higher amperage point even if the cooker you are buying now doesn't require it. at least future proof the point first.

quick update... Piling has completed... estimated was 14m but actual did about 23m, not sure why the variance is so great, but anyway LL also, it is what it is, not something you can nego.

Pro tip: dont be swayed by quotes that offer you low cost in vibration monitoring, ecc, setting out etc as these are ONE time cost. focus on the piling per meter run cost, cause this is one variable that has a multiplier effect!

Eg: my extra depth per pile is now ~9m, i have total 58 piles, each pile is $78/m run, total is ~ SGD40K b4 GST!

I'm not saying this will happen, but imagine your PE has kickback from a specific piling contractor, he and the piling contractor can easily work together to under quote your initial pile depth.

The initially TCO can still look low and they make back from the extra pile depth easily, so when you ask for quotes for comparison, dont just look at the final estimated cost from the various vendors but also the per meter run cost cause this will come back and bite.