Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prodriver6

My rebuild journey, thus far...

in case anyone is keen on the reply to URA to submitting lodgment for Lift protrusion, here you go (maciam got say like never say):

Generally, we are prepared to consider lift overrun which protrudes slightly beyond the envelope control (i.e. 0.5m as indicated in the landed housing e-advisor). However, this is subject to evaluation based on the specific design of the proposal on a case by case basis. As a general guide, the lift protrusion should be limited to the lift shaft only and should not be overly extensive overall.

As long as the proposal complies with the lodgment criteria and the prevailing development control (as indicated in our handbook and e-advisor), the works can be submitted as a lodgement application.

on a separate note, my Prelim Soil test just came back - they terminated boring at ~27m as they have hit STP 100 blows @ 210mm at about 24m (Kallang Formation on top and Old Alluvium at the bottom)

curious if anyone know if this considered deep or still ok? with such results, what does it typically mean to piling depth and estimated rough order of magnitude costing? 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

in case anyone is keen on the reply from URA to submit lodgment for Lift protrusion, here you go (maciam got say like never say):

Generally, we are prepared to consider lift overrun which protrudes slightly beyond the envelope control (i.e. 0.5m as indicated in the landed housing e-advisor). However, this is subject to evaluation based on the specific design of the proposal on a case by case basis. As a general guide, the lift protrusion should be limited to the lift shaft only and should not be overly extensive overall.

As long as the proposal complies with the lodgment criteria and the prevailing development control (as indicated in our handbook and e-advisor), the works can be submitted as a lodgement application.

on a separate note, my Prelim Soil test just came back - they terminated boring at ~27m as they have hit STP 100 blows @ 210mm at about 24m (Kallang Formation on top and Old Alluvium at the bottom)

curious if anyone know if this considered deep or still ok? with such results, what does it typically mean to piling depth and estimated rough order of magnitude costing for the piling efforts? 

Edited by prodriver6

my SI was terminated at 36.4m and SPT100 is at 30m with STP100/260mm at around 36m
My house is built on footings with lean concrete poured on the soil before footings are cast. No piling was done.

so whether pilling is required depends on your PE's interpretation of the SI report.

hi all,

had a good experience with both my Soil Test vendor (Geospecs) and Surveyor (Lee Boon Haw). Having experience them, i have the confidence to strongly recommend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prodriver6 said:

If anyone has good piling contractors to recommend, pls send it my way... tks!

Shouldn’t your main con be covering this?

anyway I often see Peck Brothers doing piling around my area for rebuilding houses

1 hour ago, prodriver6 said:

Maincon open for me too seek alternatives. Cause prices went up a lot... charges are $75 per m run now...

Peck bros is what my maincon suggested

prices have definitely went up over the last year or so. when i got a quote from geospecs for my SI back in late 2017, the quoted price (before GST) was almost 25% lower than what you paid for. But I didn't go with them as another company quoted me cheaper

19 hours ago, A1677 said:

Hi, I am also building my house now. Please can you share your quote from 3E Builders with me?

Hi I am rebuilding my house too. Would you be able to share your quote with me please? 

Your rebuilding journey has been very helpful to me, thank you prodriver6!

Edited by wersingaporeans
add on

guys

do check this out, not sure if it applies to Landed:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/electric-vehicle-ev-common-charger-grant-lta-condo-15247874

not applicable. 

quoted from article

"The Electric Vehicle Common Charger Grant will be available to private developments that include residential units, except for landed properties, shophouses, hotels, hostels, serviced apartments and workers' dormitories."