Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hender

Tree pruning professional recommendations

I have an almost 3 storey high tree that sits outside my gate requiring pruning. I doubt it belongs to npark but planted by the previous occupants of my house. Will appreciate recommendations. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

contact Nparks on this. you can't just cut any tree outside your house. even if the tree was planted by the previous owner, it is planted on state land so it belongs to Nparks.

6 minutes ago, snoozee said:

contact Nparks on this. you can't just cut any tree outside your house. even if the tree was planted by the previous owner, it is planted on state land so it belongs to Nparks.

Got it. Many thanks. Have already lodged a case with them and awaiting advice. 

10 minutes ago, Hender said:

Got it. Many thanks. Have already lodged a case with them and awaiting advice. 

nparks have officers going around landed estates to check/look at the trees on the planting strips. so if the tree requires pruning, they will arrange for their contractors to do it. so it's just a question of when they deem appropriate to prune the tree. maybe to save costs, have to wait for more trees around the estate to be overgrown and prune all at one go.

i did ping nparks on this... and it seems like hor, if the tree was planted by the previous owner, and you as the new owner dont like it, i think you can work out a tree replacement with them based on the approved list of of tree from Nparks and they will bear the cost of it.

at least this is the initial impression i am getting

40 minutes ago, prodriver6 said:

i did ping nparks on this... and it seems like hor, if the tree was planted by the previous owner, and you as the new owner dont like it, i think you can work out a tree replacement with them based on the approved list of of tree from Nparks and they will bear the cost of it.

at least this is the initial impression i am getting

usually if the development needs the tree(s) to be cut down, the developer needs to replace the tree at his own cost unless nparks say there's no need for any replacement

yes you can get approval from them to chop down a tree. but whether the replacement cost is borne by nparks or not needs to be confirmed.

also, by right landed house owners need to seek permission from nparks first before using the planting strip for their gardening activities. and this application for use does not include planting of trees in the planting strip.

Edited by snoozee

the nparks guy very on... he even watsapp me, and shared with me the type of trees he can offer as a replacement for the mango tree.

as the mango tree is not in the way of my rebuild, we didnt need architect to do any submission into corenet.

i'm still navigating this process with nparks, but i'm pleasantly surprised that replacement can potentially come and no cost to me.

lets see how this goes, will share more once i get concrete plans

On 7/3/2021 at 12:15 PM, prodriver6 said:

the nparks guy very on... he even watsapp me, and shared with me the type of trees he can offer as a replacement for the mango tree.

as the mango tree is not in the way of my rebuild, we didnt need architect to do any submission into corenet.

i'm still navigating this process with nparks, but i'm pleasantly surprised that replacement can potentially come and no cost to me.

lets see how this goes, will share more once i get concrete plans

Hi, just wondering if you manage to progress this with nparks? i too have a tree outside that i was wondering if i can replace...

27 minutes ago, Topline said:

Hi, just wondering if you manage to progress this with nparks? i too have a tree outside that i was wondering if i can replace...

just contact NParks directly to enquire

yes, the mango tree planted by the previous owner was removed by nparks, i didnt pay a single cent. this was after providing much justification why i dont want the tree - you need to prep a story as well.

their response is extremely slow, you have to just keep escalating and send multiple chasers.