Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fteocs

Small Den For Me And My Llittle Girl

congrats to ur new purchase!

u not getting aircon?

Hi,

Yes I am, system 2 one blower in MBR, another in TV Area and for my girl room will be window unit as the piping will be too long in my opinion.

One issue is old estate the current is limited to 8.5 amp, so the BTU is limited and the overall current consume need to be within the limit else will have trip very often, not to mentioned the high current equipment I will be having.

Hmm by asking that, you have lobang?

Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Now on the things I want to buy..

1. Denon AVR4306 receiver...about $2600

2. PS Audio A-Trio 100 power amplifier about $1800 or Naim NaiT5i Stereo Integrated Amplifier about $2300

3. Samsung LCD TV 46" can;t remember the model number but the its the latest 1920x1080 Full HD about $7000

4. Thiel CS24 Front speaker, yet to listen - $6500 or Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus - $5200

5. Sonus Faber Domus Center - $1450

6. Surround - not decided yet about $1500 to $1600 range

7. Ceiling Fan...saw this nice ceiling at Parkmall and saw in a US website called G Squared http://www.g2art.com should be expensive...if too ex will drop the idea

8. Fridge still looking budget $1300

9. Washing Machine still looking budget $1000

I will forget about toilet stuff, sink, hob, hood for the moment, BUT must have rain shower, I like it so much, maybe pampered by all the traveling in 5 stars Hotel....so nice after a hard day work.

10. Yes, Oil canvas painting, hmm budget $1000, but if have chance or got time think should go Thailand, sure can get cheap cheap

11. Saw 1 2 seater in Cellini, about $2000 squarish design not bad and 1 at Castilla 2 seater as well about $3000 which is nicer...will decide later

12. Lightings as I have mentioned, no fanciful lightings, maybe budget $1000

I guess that's about it....all in all with Renovation at about close to $50k...total will be about $85k....big hole in my pocket come year end, luckily year end got bonus to cover.

Guess have to wait till I sell off my current unit before can think of changing car....sigh.....Civic 1.8 or MarkX or Camry or Lexus IS250 or BMW 323i.......getting more expensive.......scary...luckily bought my watch else have to postpone that as well...hehe

That's all folks, once I get my stupod Imageshack account sorted will post some pictures on some of the items mentioned above.

Any comments are welcome good one, bad ones, sarcastic ones, etc..........

Cheers

Ehh 46" LCD teebee for 3rm? Thats huge leh.. wish i can have such a big tv like you but for me 36" is more then enough liao... :jawdrop:

Hi,

Yes I am, system 2 one blower in MBR, another in TV Area and for my girl room will be window unit as the piping will be too long in my opinion.

One issue is old estate the current is limited to 8.5 amp, so the BTU is limited and the overall current consume need to be within the limit else will have trip very often, not to mentioned the high current equipment I will be having.

Hmm by asking that, you have lobang?

Cheers

nope. not asking out of ulterior motive lah. just saw tt ur list doesnt have...so just in case u missed it out... :jawdrop:

Hi fteocs,

You equipments will cost you quite a lot.... :)

For the rainshower, careful not to choose too big size as the water pressure will be an issue.

Why not try out the new B&W 604 series which will be available in a few months? Design-wise it suxx but audio wise is excellent for the price range.

Good choice on your Denon 3806...my only concern is it's not 1.3. Think there is a newer Denon model just on the horizon.

Cheers

Any comments are welcome good one, bad ones, sarcastic ones, etc..........

Cheers

hi! u hav a really detailed design! can be your own ID already :) i like the feature wall for the tv. your divider i see until blur blur. is it plan view elevation view or cross-sectional view huh.

wow and your entertainment gadgets r huge. plannign to open your own cinema? :P

Welcome to Renotalk.

Sounds like an audiophile to me. I'm a bit deaf on one ear, so I won't be able to help you much with your audio equipment. :)

Enjoy your stay here.

Hi fteocs,

You equipments will cost you quite a lot.... :)

For the rainshower, careful not to choose too big size as the water pressure will be an issue.

Why not try out the new B&W 604 series which will be available in a few months? Design-wise it suxx but audio wise is excellent for the price range.

Good choice on your Denon 3806...my only concern is it's not 1.3. Think there is a newer Denon model just on the horizon.

Cheers

Thanks for the advise on the Rainshower, 10th floor in AMK old estate water pressure should be weak i guess....old estate water pump upwards right? Hmm.....

B&W speakers sound, hmm don't really like the sound for the range I am looking at, I listen to the 800 series before very good but too ex, the 600 series...like i said don;t really like the sound....I also audited Dynaudio...super difficult to drive low sensitivity and power hungry at 4Ohms....but one of my friend own a pair and drive with Krell...sound very nice, but not my taste. Thanks for your suggestion anyway...and one more thing....B&W design is awlful as you said.

Take a look at Sonus Faber....the gloss lacquer finish and the leather....very nice, curve contour....

One thing about Sonus Faber....no bi-wiring...possible only a set of terminal....sigh

For the Denon...Hmm 4306 is a much better choice, I listen and compared, especially if you try to compare the pure 2 channel mode, meaning all other electronic function siwtched off...the difference is very great.

I heard there is going to be a 4307 or something, but not much enhancement, the main thing is the support for HD amd Blu Ray kind of format or something I guess, not much info i have, do you have any info.

I dont like the idea of passing the video through the receiver or surrong preamp, better get a good player and direct to TV...I am having Sony DVP NS9001ES....very good quality but now cannot get in SG liao not even from Sony Gallery.

I am crazy over such things but still within limits or rather I will balance my spend based on other factors one of those is the space and room available...with the limited space, $65000 MBL speakers also cannot sound to its potential....so whether can afford is secondary...even if strike Toto also won't buy that unless strike big and move to big house....haha

Then will buy....Lexicon, or Meridian, Krell...all the super duper equipment.....dreaming.....................

Hi Guys, receive my quotation from 1 of the company

KITCHEN & 2 TOILETS WORKS.

1) To hack & lay ceramic wall tiles at kitchen wall. $2,700.00

2) To hack & lay ceramic floor tiles at kitchen flooring. $1,100.00

3) To construct fridge base, w/machine base & kitchen cabinet base. $350.00

4) To run copper piping at kitchen & 2 toilets. ( include w/machine point. ) $550.00

5) To hack & lay ceramic floor tile at 2 toilets flooring. $800.00

6) To apply water proofing & pre pack cement at 2 toilets. $150.00

7) To hack & lay ceramic wall tile at 2 toilets. $2,300.00

8) To supply & install 2nos louver window at 2 toilets. $280.00

9) To supply & install 2nos toilet bowl & 2nos bathroom basin at 2 toilets. $880.00

10) To supply & install 1nos alluminium bi-fold door at common toilet.$200.00

11) To supply & install 1nos alluminium bi-fold door at master toilet. $200.00

12) To supply & install 2nos instant heater at 2 toilets. $380.00

13) To supply & install sewage pipe at kitchen & toilets. $800.00

14) To hack exsisting kitchen cabinet. $250.00

15) To hack exsisting sink support. $150.00

16) 20ft laminate kitchen cabinet. ( 10ft LG work top. ) $2,179.00

17) Additional 5ft laminate kitchen cabinet. $500.00

18) Additional 5ft LG work top. $450.00

19) To supply & install hood & hob at new kitchen cabinet. $600.00

20) To supply & install colour glasss backing at cooker hob. ( tempered glass. ) $250.00

21) To supply & install 1nos stainless steel double bowl kitchen sink. $320.00

22) To supply & install 1nos stainless steel rubbish chute at kitchen. $190.00

23) To fabricate laminated finish at rubbish chute areas. ( LG-TOP ) $620.00

24) To construct new store romm at kitchen areas. ( with hollow block ) $950.00

25) To supply & install veneer door frame & veneer door at new store room. $550.00

26) To supply & install 1nos glass sliding door at kitchen enterance. $680.00

27) To hack exsisting wall panel between kitchen & dining hall. $300.00

ELECTRICAL WORKS.

1) To supply & install 25nos single socket. @ $ 38 $950.00

2) To supply & install 2nos 2way switch. @ $35 $70.00

3) To supply & install 3nos SCV points. @ $90 $270.00

4) To supply & install 2nos heater points. @ $90 $180.00

5) To supply & install 1nos aircon point. @ $90 $90.00

6) To supply 28nos lighting points. @ $28 $784.00

7) To supply & install 1nos circuit breaker box. $320.00

9) Electrical testing. $250.00

LIVING HALL & BEDROOM WORKS.

1) To hack & lay ( China 600x600 ) Homogenous floor tile **** hall, dining hall &

2 bedroom. ( include original skirting. ) $4800.00

2) To hack exsisting store room. $300.00

3) To hack exsisting 2 bedroom door frame & main enterance door frame. $400.00

4) To hack exsisting wall panels between bedroom2 & living hall. $350.00

5) To construct new bedroom2 wall panel. $600.00

6) To supply & install master bedroom & bedroom2 door frame & bedroom door. $1,300.00

( veneer door frame & veneer door finish. )

7) To construct false ceiling & L-box at master bedroom. $480.00

8) To construct false ceiling at dining hall. ( With opening design. ) $780.00

9) To construct L-box at family hall. $450.00

10) To supply & install simple cornice at bedroom2. $220.00

11) To fabricate 12.5ft laminated full hts shoe cabinet at enterance hall. $1,975.00

12) To fabricate 5ft low t.v console **** hall. $800.00

13) To fabricate 6ft feature wall **** hall. $1,200.00

14) To fabricate 2nos MDF board finish divider **** hall. $1,200.00

15) To fabricate laminated finish shelving **** hall. $600.00

16) To supply & install 1nos wrought iron main gate. $420.00

17) To supply & install main door frame & veneer main door. $850.00

18) To fabricate 8ft full hts laminate cabinet infront of store room area. $1,320.00

OTHERS WORKS.

1) Haulage & Debris. $350.00

2) Painting whole house with ICI or NIPPON paint. $850.00

3) To plaster whole house. $1,200.00

4) To supply & install whole house alluminium white powder code window grille. $750.00

5) To supply & install whole house alluminium white powder code window. $1,500.00

6) Acid wash whole house. $200.00

F.O.C. ITEMS.

* 2 sets bathroom accessories.

* Permitt Fees.

Total $44,488.00

Any comments are welcome

hi! u hav a really detailed design! can be your own ID already :) i like the feature wall for the tv. your divider i see until blur blur. is it plan view elevation view or cross-sectional view huh.

wow and your entertainment gadgets r huge. plannign to open your own cinema? :yamseng:

Haha, sorry for causing you blurness......

Its from the side...the view from the sofa, there the surround speakers will be facing the sofa and there are shelvings for my discs....just some ideas...not qualified to be ID lar

Hmm entertainment I would say above average, but its an area where huge swings are common, there are people who spend a fortune just on a pair of speakers, cables also 4 digits....really depends on which end of the scale we are comparing with.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers

Hi fteocs, :deal:

Welcome to Renotalk T-Blog, hope to see renovation photos soon. :yamseng:

We just began with our renovation, but still not sure of what to do. Different ideas from two different mindsets:P

All the best for your renovation journey! :yamseng:

:)

Congrats on yr new house~! AMK is a nice place~! Happy renovating~! Cheers~

Ya AMK is quite a nice place not too far north so still pretty near my in-law place, and pretty central as well, but quite ex....the 3 rm corner cost me $225k, value at $210k $15k cash.....can get one more IWC liao.....sigh, hopefully can sell my unit at woodlands at a better price to cover a bit, but not too promising though.

Some update on quotation:

Went to Earnest Interior....walk through the initial quote and the changes I have made....to revise and seems like aroung $45k range

Went to Home Design Guide....$53k still missing serveral things...they even quoted sand, etc, etc I think will be in the range of $58k

Got some time before need to go home pack up for my trip tomorrow to London so drop by SengKwong and U-Home Interior Design.... SK will send me quote next week, but the person don'e seems to be keen. U Home...mostly a bit beng type but the fellow attended to me, quote ont he spot....package plus additional items...about $45k

So conclusion, with the total revamp from floor, to hacking, new store, new walls, doors, windows, pipes cabinets, re-wire, plastering ceiling...exclude 2 bedrooms....about $45k +/- with the $2k plus spent on MBR closet and shelves...about $50k +/-

I was told mine is one of those more expensive 3 rm quotes....from all the company that quoted me. As I see alot of 3 roomers are $30+k to $40k max some even $20+k to $30k.....wonder is because the things I wanted for all the companies I approach all expensive ones.

Cheers

Some update on quotation:

Went to Earnest Interior....walk through the initial quote and the changes I have made....to revise and seems like aroung $45k range

Went to Home Design Guide....$53k still missing serveral things...they even quoted sand, etc, etc I think will be in the range of $58k

Got some time before need to go home pack up for my trip tomorrow to London so drop by SengKwong and U-Home Interior Design.... SK will send me quote next week, but the person don'e seems to be keen. U Home...mostly a bit beng type but the fellow attended to me, quote ont he spot....package plus additional items...about $45k

So conclusion, with the total revamp from floor, to hacking, new store, new walls, doors, windows, pipes cabinets, re-wire, plastering ceiling...exclude 2 bedrooms....about $45k +/- with the $2k plus spent on MBR closet and shelves...about $50k +/-

I was told mine is one of those more expensive 3 rm quotes....from all the company that quoted me. As I see alot of 3 roomers are $30+k to $40k max some even $20+k to $30k.....wonder is because the things I wanted for all the companies I approach all expensive ones.

Cheers

Well you could always get another quote. If you want let me know, i'll PM you my one..