Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angielim

A & M's E.m.

We are going to start renovations early next month for our first house!

Now still waiting for previous owner to move out..and waiting for reno loan's approval!!

Can't wait to move in!

Don't really have chance to take much photos yet..here are some 1st!

floorplanqz7.th.jpg

The layout is quite different from most EM though..the previous owner hacked away the balcony door and the study room on the 1st floor, wished they didn't remove the room..don't wan to spend $ constructing back the room now.. :P

dscn2184kc3.th.jpg

The stairs with a small ledge by the side (where the books are...think will have to build something there to prevent my nieces and nephews to walk on it!)

dscn2165xj2.th.jpg

Dining area...the area near the window was the balcony..they removed the sliding doors and extended the dining area..the rubbish chute is near the window..don't really like it to be so far away from the kitchen..

dscn2171ws1.th.jpg

There are 2 different flooring though..the darker tiles covered the area where the balcony used to be, was thinking of building a bar counter here to divide the area..so the floor doesn't look so weird

dsc00148yr0.th.jpg

2nd entrance to the kitchen, can see the common toilet too

Edited by angielim

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

dsc00152ez6.th.jpg

Kitchen cabinets. Will be removing all the old cabinets..

dscn2186cd6.th.jpg

Will be keeping this chandelier..anyone knows who can I go to to restore it? It looks tarnished and really dusty..anyone has tips on cleaning them? Can't imagine washing the crystals one by one.. :notti:

dscn2197vl0.th.jpg

2nd floor landing..common bathroom right in the middle, MBR on the left and 2 bedrooms on the right..

toiletqf9.th.jpg

All 3 toilets look like that...kinda dark for me..FSM said dark colours not good for us..advised us to use green and keep it clean and fresh..that means i have to hack all the 3 toilets!! Which means...it's going to cost a bomb! :P And a waste too...that's a jazzuci!:P!! With nice shower screens!:notti: My ID said they can't keep them if i'm going to hack the wall and floor tiles...anyone did that before? :notti:

dscn2200zv9.th.jpg

Cornices around the whole house..trying to cut costs..will keep them too..don't really like the colours..maybe white-washing it will look better?

Edited by angielim

welcome to renotalk

spam chop from me :P

your place looks huge :notti:

only way i know of cleaning the chandelier is wash the crystals one by one :notti:

hehe...it's 151sqm...can't imagine the cleaning though...can train my muscles :P

:notti: Clean them one by one??? It's too high up in the ceiling! Have to buy a super long ladder to do that!

Edited by angielim

dscn2178ls5.th.jpg

Close-up of cornices..would love to have downlights...but removing them and installing false ceiling will burn a big hole in my pocket..any advice?

hehe...it's 151sqm...can't imagine the cleaning though...can train my muscles :P

:good: Clean them one by one??? It's too high up in the ceiling! Have to buy a super long ladder to do that!

usually will remove the whole light then clean mah

if it's so high, then bulb spoil how :notti: :notti:

wow 151sqm :P:notti:

love the space but hate the cleaning

guess either buy those auto-vacuum robot or get someone to come in once a week to do cleaning :good:

usually will remove the whole light then clean mah

if it's so high, then bulb spoil how :notti: :notti:

wow 151sqm :P :P

love the space but hate the cleaning

guess either buy those auto-vacuum robot or get someone to come in once a week to do cleaning :notti:

Same here..forgot about the cleaning part..come to think of it now..may have to be a 'slave' to my house...hhaha

Spam Chop from me too!

and me still can be 2nd person to spam chop. hahaha

nice and big place!

look lavish. :P

Cleaning sure is headache, take it as exercise lor. helps to keep fit mah. :P

Edited by eR1c

Spam Chop from me too!

and me still can be 2nd person to spam chop. hahaha

nice and big place!

look lavish. :P

Cleaning sure is headache, take it as exercise lor. helps to keep fit mah. :notti:

Hehee...yeah! Will post more pics soon! Previous owner expected to move out next week... :P

Wow. The previous owner has very unique tastes. A really pity about the jacuzzi though :P. But, funny, the tiles don't look very dark on the pictures...they seem quite light. You must be the third owner right? When was it last renovated? The living room floor looks like marble?

Oh my...isn't that a lovely spacious house you have! looking forward to seeing more pictures! :notti:

Wow. The previous owner has very unique tastes. A really pity about the jacuzzi though 8|. But, funny, the tiles don't look very dark on the pictures...they seem quite light. You must be the third owner right? When was it last renovated? The living room floor looks like marble?

Yup! 3rd owner! Wahh..you can see that from the pictures! I can't decide about the jacuzzi too.. 8|

Think it must be the flash lights making the tiles look brighter..it was renovated 5-6 years back..so actually it looks quite new..they spent 90-100k on renovation and furnishings!!!!

Marble flooring, solid wood staircase railings...all fittings and furnishings look really expensive..but not too my taste and liking..it's kinda classical..

But they'll be moving most of the things, including the lightings..so I have to buy a lot of things too...

Oh my...isn't that a lovely spacious house you have! looking forward to seeing more pictures! :)

Thank you!! Feeling really excited about doing up the house!! Think all 1st time owners feel the same way right? :P