Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Most of the concealed is going above the false ceiling. So if you are doing a reno to your place, then you should try negotiate for a non concealed type pricing esp if you are redoing your false ceiling.

Hmm, actually I am doing this together with my reno. Now that you mention it, all the piping from the compressor will be going above the toilets and kitchen that have false ceilings already! So actually, don't have to hack any bricks or walls! Oh, but the drainage pipe will probably have a bit because changing position of one of the FCUs.

Thanks for the tip! Gonna prepare my speech for the aircond man :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hmm, actually I am doing this together with my reno. Now that you mention it, all the piping from the compressor will be going above the toilets and kitchen that have false ceilings already! So actually, don't have to hack any bricks or walls! Oh, but the drainage pipe will probably have a bit because changing position of one of the FCUs.

Thanks for the tip! Gonna prepare my speech for the aircond man :P

Huh. Complicated ah =p. Aiyah, just remember thicker = better and more expensive :P

Remember to schedule the aircon ppl to run piping/trunking before they do up false ceiling leh =p. And yah, impt to get your ID/contractor to come down and brief the aircon guys where to run trunking. Also keep in mind where you gonna put curtains/wall fixtures etc such that the trunking won't interfere. I forgot about curtains, now i'm having headache over my aircon window cz cannot go as per original plan to install curtain to hide it le. stupid me... >_<"

Just call up which air-con retailers u have in mind. No one knows the exact pricing but them.

Simpleton80, isn't it faster to just call Gain City with your 101 qns?

Was quite worried that we got our aircon from Allbest, I only remembered best tech is horrid and gain city must upgrade piping, so since Allbest gave rather gd pricing, we just bought it. Really relieved to see gd reviews. Keep fingers crossed!

What i can say is... Salesman is always only a salesman. They only care to push items their HOD ask to and what they know is only basic for installation. Try asking them to hands on... I bet they don't even know how to start, how many salesperson can do installation?... But you ask them to push an item they can easily tell you dragon and tiger....

Just to share, this is a quote given to me from Natural Cool when I visited them on Sunday.

Very nice service rendered. Not pushy, but gave good recommendations based on a couple of brands we highlighted.

Mitsubishi Electric Starmex System 4 Inverter

1 X 12K BTU MSXY-GA13VA

3 X 9K BTU MSXY-GA10VA

1 X Bracket

Total Cost: $3,799.

Optional Insulation upgrade per unit is $80.

This is inclusive of GST and 2-Time installation.

Was told by salesperson, price is still 'negotiable'.

I've checked with Natural Cool before. From what I read in the forums and hear from my aircon servicing company, their service and installation is good and recommended. Their price however is on a higher side. For me in the end, I went with my ID's recommendation but the payment/dealing is direct with Pure Airconditioning (bypassing my ID's company). Their service and workmanship is highly recommended. Pricing wise, very competitive.

I've checked with Natural Cool before. From what I read in the forums and hear from my aircon servicing company, their service and installation is good and recommended. Their price however is on a higher side. For me in the end, I went with my ID's recommendation but the payment/dealing is direct with Pure Airconditioning (bypassing my ID's company). Their service and workmanship is highly recommended. Pricing wise, very competitive.

I second steamrsz's comments on Pure Airconditioning.

Do note that flat owners shall be responsible for the proper installation, safety and stability of the air-con (casement/window unit/split type). Air-con must be installed only by a BCA trained air-con installer.

A list of BCA trained air-con installers can be found at http://www.bca.gov.sg under Home Dwellers > Air-con Bracket Safety > Trained Installer.

Flat owner is required to submit the installation report to the HDB Branch Office managing their flat within 14 days after the air-con has been installed if it is mounted on the outside of the flat. Alternatively, flat owner can submit the installation report to the HDB Branch Office managing their flat using the email facility.

The problem i had with hong tar's installation mainly was with how the tech filled up the huge holes he drilled in my walls. Up till yesterday, (nearly a week after installation) the white stuff he used to fill up the holes was still wet and spongy. Moreover, for the huge lobang in my living room, the white stuff was actually bulging out like some sort of tumour on my wall >_<"

Apparently the stuff that the air-con techie used to fill up the hole he drilled was painters' caulk. Something sorta like silicone... I think it was because my wife was the one jaga-ing him that time and he thought he could be lazy. Ha, that came back and bit him on his a**. Anyway, i made him dig out all the caulk and resealed the holes with white cement. Also realised that he left gaps between my trunking and my walls when he did the installation the last time, so i also made him fill up those little gaps with the silicone/painters' caulk. I think for now, my air-con issue should be settled le. For those thinking of using Hong Tar, i think they're ok lah. Price-wise is competitive, materials used seems to be good, sales will try their best to give you best advice but are not pushy. But installation need to pay closer attention in case the techie eat snake lor.

I encountered similar issues with Gain City installers - they pay scant attention to details which resulted in trunking at two stretches veered off & not aligned with the adjacent turn joints. Plus they did not apply silicon sealant to some gaps & the underside of the trunking. I had to email Gain City HQ to have them come back in the evening to patch up the gaps. The misalignment can't be helped unless they are detached & realigned which is too much hassle to me. So I had no choice to let it go.

To all air-con buyers & users, DO NOT take your eyes off the ENTIRE installation process! From verifying the materials to be used, ie, air-con system brand & model, insulation brand, model & thickness, copper tubing thickness, drainage pipe diameter, aircon warranty cards, installation warranty card, etc to eyeballing the running & alignment of the trunking to the application of silicon sealant on all gaps & openings!

Edited by DSA

i was quoted last night by gain city for starmex system 3 inverter

mxy3a28, 3x10 $2879

PUB testing $321

S/S bracket $150

amaflex and copper 23 to 22 $180

ext warranty 399

total 3889 with GST

he also pushed for the Fujitsu system 3 inverter AOYA24UAT3, 3x ASYA9LA @$2649, rest the same.

any comments?

from xxxxxxx@gaincity.com

to DSA

date Jun 2009 at 2:05 PM

subject Panasonic Single Split

mailed-by gaincity.com

Hi,

Thank you for inviting GainCity to quote on airconditioner. We would like to offer you :

Panasonic Single split INVERTER

CUS9JKZ / CSS9JKW $888

Optional upgrade 1/2" Armaflex Class 1 insulation $50

Upgrade from G23 to G22 thickness copper tube $20

Price include standard installation with piping length 18 ft

Additional $3.20 per ft run.

Price exclude s/s bracket and power point.All price inlcusive of 7% GST.

Gain City Best Electric Pte Ltd

Blk 309 Cho Chu Kang Ave 4 #01-01/02

S'pore 680309

Tel : 62601212

Fax : 63106279

hi all,

I'm looking for a Mit Electric System 4 = 9+9+9+26,

Can anyone advise me the price?

worry about hidden cost..but what are the possible hidden cost i should ask?

I got the above model at Allbest IMM. Look for Andy. Price abt $3500 + 7%GST