Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Like to check regarding "2 trips". We've ordered with GainCity and they have 2 trips installation. Called them up to arrange for dismantle old aircon and install trunking. But they say 1st trip is dismantle only, 2nd trip then lay trunking and install aircon. If we want to dismantle and install trunking first (irregardless is on same day), then install aircon units later, is considered 3 trips and we have to pay extra S$80. Is this the usual practise?

If trunking and installation is to be done at the same time, should it be done b4 or after painting of house? We are painting color walls. ID suggested either:

1. Install first, just get them to wrap up the aircon unit for protection, but my hubby concerned that painting around the aircon unit will be tough and not nice if not up to aircon (i.e. got white rim around aircon). I'm concerned that the plastic later cannot remove completely, you know where they stuck in between, so will be unsightly.
  2. Paint first, then install, and will get painter to do the trunking on final paint touch up. Then husband concerned that the paint color not even between trunking and walls... :rolleyes:
Any advise on which is better option? Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Like to check regarding "2 trips". We've ordered with GainCity and they have 2 trips installation. Called them up to arrange for dismantle old aircon and install trunking. But they say 1st trip is dismantle only, 2nd trip then lay trunking and install aircon. If we want to dismantle and install trunking first (irregardless is on same day), then install aircon units later, is considered 3 trips and we have to pay extra S$80. Is this the usual practise?

If trunking and installation is to be done at the same time, should it be done b4 or after painting of house? We are painting color walls. ID suggested either:

1. Install first, just get them to wrap up the aircon unit for protection, but my hubby concerned that painting around the aircon unit will be tough and not nice if not up to aircon (i.e. got white rim around aircon). I'm concerned that the plastic later cannot remove completely, you know where they stuck in between, so will be unsightly.
  2. Paint first, then install, and will get painter to do the trunking on final paint touch up. Then husband concerned that the paint color not even between trunking and walls... :rolleyes:
Any advise on which is better option? Thanks.

I done the installation first, wrap up blower, then painter come to paint sequence…

i din really zoom into the side and see… but from 1-2 meters, I dun see any problem with the painting.

hmmm… later this evening, I go and check and take pics again….

I done the installation first, wrap up blower, then painter come to paint sequence…

i din really zoom into the side and see… but from 1-2 meters, I dun see any problem with the painting.

hmmm… later this evening, I go and check and take pics again….

Thanks rolexboy. Let me know. ;)

Hi

Would like find out how does "BTU" works?

1) Does it mean that the larger the BTU, the faster it takes to cool the room?

2) Does it mean that the larger the BTU, the more electricity it will used?

Thanks to all.

Thanks rolexboy. Let me know. ;)

Hi there,

Sorry for the slow reply, as I’m down with flu, was feelin horrible over the weekend.

At least now I’m much better… I took some pics, and the paint seems quite nicely done.

At least the painters have taken effort to make sure those areas where the paint and brush can reach have been painted.

More pics at my simple blog…

Picture039.jpg

Hi rolexboy, hope you're feeling better. Thanks for checking it out. Can I know if the plastic was originally covered all the way to the back, or is as photographed? Cos my rooms gonna be colored, not white, so it will be very obvious if the paint got on the white blower. BTW, I'm using CCK GainCity too.

Hi rolexboy, hope you're feeling better. Thanks for checking it out. Can I know if the plastic was originally covered all the way to the back, or is as photographed? Cos my rooms gonna be colored, not white, so it will be very obvious if the paint got on the white blower. BTW, I'm using CCK GainCity too.

Thanks, I have got better since.

As far as I can rem, the aircon guy wrap it til there… so I guess the painter din move the wrapper at all..

Well, my ID will be arranging last painting job after I have move in, no change of colour thou.

That’s really when we, as the owner, can spot all or most of the areas to be touch up.. (same for carpentry, wiring, or other reno jobs)

Maybe u can talk to your ID on this arrangement too… ask him to allow you to arrange for a last painting touch up within 1-3 months after u move in.

All the best bro. :)

Dear all,

Just want to share my bad experience with all of you. Do NOT use

GAVIN Care airon company if you want to service your aircon. Get a

good and reputable aircon company to do it for you. Recently, i got

Gavin-Care to come down to service my aircon and they spoil my

aircon. According to the service technician, my aircon is very very "dirty" and need a chemical wash. After washing, the aircon stop working. And when i try to reason with them, they became defensive and refused to help me solve the probem. ALL their staff's attitude sucks and their service recovery standard are definitely not there!! So, if you dont want to bring youself trouble before and after the service. DO NOT USE THEM!!

Now, i have to fork out money to change the aircon and the inconvenience it has brought me so REMEMBER the company name and do not use them!! Btw, my aircon is Toshiba.

Dear all,

Just want to share my bad experience with all of you. Do NOT use

GAVIN Care airon company if you want to service your aircon. Get a

good and reputable aircon company to do it for you. Recently, i got

Gavin-Care to come down to service my aircon and they spoil my

aircon. According to the service technician, my aircon is very very "dirty" and need a chemical wash. After washing, the aircon stop working. And when i try to reason with them, they became defensive and refused to help me solve the probem. ALL their staff's attitude sucks and their service recovery standard are definitely not there!! So, if you dont want to bring youself trouble before and after the service. DO NOT USE THEM!!

Now, i have to fork out money to change the aircon and the inconvenience it has brought me so REMEMBER the company name and do not use them!! Btw, my aircon is Toshiba.

Yr aircon Toshiba? how come u dun call the Toshiba agent to service?

the agent is Carrier company itself.

read my other post on their service standard, u will know what i mean.

they are so professional!!! of course they are coz they are the agent for toshiba.

dun ever try all these outside aircon service company.... they are all "agar agar" one. any problem, they will run away.

though agent servicing will cost more, but u have a peace of mind.

:help: Hi, like to check with pple who run their aircon piping within their false ceiling. Is the piping usually left exposed on top of the false ceiling, or will they run trunking inside the false ceiling too? My aircon installer just left it on top of the existing false ceiling, say this is usual practise? Will this not run the risk of condensation, hence water stains on false ceiling? Any advise appreciated. Thanks.

anyone using Gain city? how's the installation?

Me lor, and rolexboy. Both of us got from Lot1 GC, you also considering? Haven't been able to test my system yet, so can't say, but installation works quite ok. My only issue is why the pipings left directly on my false ceiling instead of install in trunking inside...

Just bought Sharp inverter system 3 @ $2999 including installation and 5 years extended warranty from Courts.

Anyone can comment on the performance and reliability?

The salesman was pushing to get fujitsu inverter brand but I don't want it since the indoor unit deaign is not nice

Got very limited choice,since initially wanted to take Sanyo or Panasonic inverter,but they said can't intall those at Punggol flat since the window is too small. Is it true?

GC's service considered very good, the technicians are experience and friendly.

The model we are using now, Fujitsu System-3 Inverter, AOYA24LAT3. $2568.

Upgraded to use ArmaFlex & G22.

So far no complain, very quiet and cooling!