Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Adv in ST paper today by Harv*y Norm*n on sys 3 aircon.

I enquired, the details are:

Panasonic sys3 non-inv CU-3C20EKH, CS-C9EKZW x 3 is $1599 (incl GST) with standard installation.

A quick chk on nea website, no such model. The closest match is CU-3C20GKH with 2 ticks

Is it a good deal?

ya do go, saw in newspaper today they giving free 5yrs extended warranty or slim tv or HTS, each freebie which usually cost about $300+. so meaning getting from there will have about $300 saving at least compared to their normal prices. i also going down to check it out as even if i forgo my deposit. still got savings sia. haha.

Edited by DoubleJ

Yes... just got mine a few hours ago.... 2nd visit to expo (1st visit yesterday night).... got the Toshiba Sys 3, Inverter, R410A, 1/2" insulation, at $2899.

Took the offer of 5 years warranty (transport + labours + all spare parts)

They have $2600++ pricing too.. but that is for other insulation type.

Adv in ST paper today by Harv*y Norm*n on sys 3 aircon.

I enquired, the details are:

Panasonic sys3 non-inv CU-3C20EKH, CS-C9EKZW x 3 is $1599 (incl GST) with standard installation.

A quick chk on nea website, no such model. The closest match is CU-3C20GKH with 2 ticks

Is it a good deal?

Update: The max pipe length is 85 ft. Any extra is $5 pfr. Installation warranty 1 yr.

Just went to Gain City Expo & paid deposit for:

LG System 3 Non-inverter (R22) 3 x 9BTU, 5 yrs extended warranty @ $1699 + $180 (1/2" & upgrade copper 23) - for 3 bdrms

Mitsubishi System 1 (R410) 1 x 18BTU, 5 yrs extended warranty @ $1250 + $70 (1/2" & upgrade copper 23) - living/dining areas

2 times installation + $84

** compressor sit on ledge, power point to be provided by owner & 16mm drainage pipe**

Reasonable? Ok or not huh.... really dunno much abt aircon... sweat....

Recently installed a Toshiba sys 4 inverter from Gain City (week before expo).

Toshiba Sys 4 inverter ($3,500)

1x26 (outdoor unit), 2x10, 1x13, 1x22

Upgrade armflex 1/2"

upgrade 16mm pipe

Upgrade 22 copper tube

1+4 yrs warranty.

total damage: $4,169

the recent gaincity expo promo every strange leh, by right with 5yrs free upgrade warranty should have at least $350+ savings ma. but after getting the price only have about 100 savings from their previous quotation. typical "promo' gimmicks. haiz, got my hopes too high maybe. anyway. for LG systems i read some pretty bad reviews here la. so if possible, better go for other brands like toshiba/mit. the deposit they say can offset any other GC purchase except aircon, can go buy tv or what lo. now begining to worry with the recent hikes of sales will their installation standard be compromised due to heavy workload. i'm getting first installation this week.hopefully they are worth paying the extra dough. :(

A better rate for Panasonic sys3 non-inv CU-3C20EKH, CS-C9EKZW x 3 rom Natural Cool.

S$1499 include GST and HDB installation (adv in ST on Oct 31)

If u see my previous post, HN promotion was 1599.

I am going with this.

Edited by priyalok

Hi All,

Is there any significant difference between inverter and non-inverter?

I am selecting a system 3 air con for my resale 4 rm HDB. I was told that Toshiba has the best inverter technology.

But now, I am wondering if I should also look at non-inverter, but I am quite confused.

We do not think that we will switch on all 3 air-cons most of the time. At most, 1 air-con.

Please advise.

The key principle to know is Cooling power/capacity used = electricity consumed - it's a direct proportional r/s, like car engine capacity: bigger engine capacity used = higher petrol expense.

Inverters

The difference between inverter and non inverter is the inverter units can alter their speed in response to cooling demand. Some units have an initial over-speed period where they will run at a slightly higher capacity for a set time to pull down the temperature of a hot room. When they reach the set point temperature they can reduce capacity to maintain that level without cycling as much as a normal unit would. This saves power although it’s arbitrary as it would still take a while to recoup the increased purchase costs.

The inverter unit increases the power usage slightly as it converts the incoming power into a suitable style for the air conditioner although the ability to run at a reduced power level helps to drop the overall usage to below that of a typical non-inverter unit. Most of the advertising claiming 30% lower bills using inverters are based on very carefully set up laboratory scenarios. In reality, while they may cost less to run than a conventional unit, buying an efficient conventional unit will still be cost effective.

Thus the advantage of inverter aircon technology is that it uses less than 100% of its cooling capacity when the cooling required is below the compressor's cooling capacity. Whereas when non-inverter aircon goes to work to cool, it draws 100% of the compressor's cooling capacity, while a compressor with inverter technology is able to use less than 100% to cool.

The objective measure is the electricity charges chalked up by the airon model as per NEA's database of aircon models.

Edited by DSA

Just for sharing. For those who are interested to buy electronic item during non-warehouse sale, should check out Harvey Norman at Tampines mart. I'm staying at st 33 and have been buying stuffs from there quite often. They don't do advertisement cause they are cheaper than the rest of the Harvey norman branch. I'm not a sale person there, just a resident nearby sharing lobang...hehehe. i.e. i found the price for the aircond was $100 - $150 cheaper compare to other branches...:)