Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

I urgently need a contractor to re-install my spoilt air-con. You seems to have a reliable one. Could I have his particular to check on the pricing and spec ?

sycshio@yahoo.com.sg

oh dear..... that is so terrible! yes, definitely should take your biz elsewhere!

my aircon installation was just completed on Wednesday. i got the Mitsubsihi Starmex System 4 Inverter for $3.8K (MXY-4A28VA and 3 GA10VA and 1 GA26VA) from a shop in Hougang. the boss is also the installer, and his assistant is also local.

when i engage this contractor, i didn't know anything about aircon and just went on trust since he was recommended by a friend. then i discovered this forum and http://singapore-aircon-materials.blogspot.com/ and thankfully, not too late! so after i find out about diff between 1/4" and 1/2", Class 0 and Class 1, G23 and G22, thankfully he provide what i asked for.

i also went to BCA website to make sure he is BCA-trained. u can check from here: https://www.bca.gov.sg/academy/Trained_Installers.aspx

wish you a much more pleasant experience with your next aircon contractor!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
From the Hong Tar website, they have a branch in Tampines but when i went there, i couldn't find the shop. Is it closed down? Anyone recently been to the Tampines Branch? Pls advise

Thanks

Hi hongss, I rang up hong tar yesterday. Was told their tampines branch has closed. U can go to their retail outlet at jurong west or main office/factory at toh guan. Do check out their website www.hongtar.com.sg

Hi hongss, I rang up hong tar yesterday. Was told their tampines branch has closed. U can go to their retail outlet at jurong west or main office/factory at toh guan. Do check out their website www.hongtar.com.sg

Easier to go to the Jurong West Shop, it's a shop front next to the food center. I went to the one at Toh Guan, it's an industrial shopfront. Looks like a workshop from outside and when you go into the office, they have a counter that you will have to stand there and enquire.

Hi all,

Anyone knows any electrician who can do aircon power point? I was told that I need a 15watts power supply for the aircon compressor.. but if i would ask the retailer to do it for me.. they charge me $180!!

Thanks in adv for your replies!

hi, im looking for system 3 units and planning to install in my living room, guest room and MBR (MBR actually consist of 2 bedrooms, had hacked to become 1). So what is the BTU that i shld be looking at? Also, only two of us is staying, which means only one air con will be ON at one time.. shld i go for inverter or non-inverter?

pls advise.

Tks

haha..both location also bad for me as im living in pasir ris!

I signed up with ALL Best at Expo... saved me a 2nd trip to Jurong..Toshiba 3 split ...non-inverter @ 1784 including bracket and gst and class 1 insulation and 2 trips ...one for piping and 2nd for installing units (after painting work)... you can look for Gilbert. Seemed knowledgeable and willing to let us make up our mind.

Gave us the info without any pressure tactics.

I signed up with ALL Best at Expo... saved me a 2nd trip to Jurong..Toshiba 3 split ...non-inverter @ 1784 including bracket and gst and class 1 insulation and 2 trips ...one for piping and 2nd for installing units (after painting work)... you can look for Gilbert. Seemed knowledgeable and willing to let us make up our mind.

Gave us the info without any pressure tactics.

can i know whats the model of the aircon you bought? the price include the upgrade to 1/2" class 1 insulation?

when is the fair ending?

thanks

can i know whats the model of the aircon you bought? the price include the upgrade to 1/2" class 1 insulation?

when is the fair ending?

thanks

Hi Sorry for late reply!

The fair must have ended on Sunday if I am not mistaken. But not too sure ..sorry. I live in Pasir Ris too so cud go 3 times to expo b4 making up my mind.

Mines a Toshiba:

RAS-M10NKPX X 3 [ indoor UNIT]

RAS-3M20UAX [outdoor UNIT]

Class 1 totaline ..16mm for horizontal and 13 mm for vertical pipes. 23 gauge copper. 2 visits. One for piping 2nd for installing units.

anybody can feedback on Allbest? I went to their IMM branch, quite impressive with their service and they are certified under case trust.. how is their service and installation skill?

they recommended Daikin system 3 non inverter with 18k/12k/9k BTU with 2 trip installation

Edited by yingsan

Hi Sorry for late reply!

The fair must have ended on Sunday if I am not mistaken. But not too sure ..sorry. I live in Pasir Ris too so cud go 3 times to expo b4 making up my mind.

Mines a Toshiba:

RAS-M10NKPX X 3 [ indoor UNIT]

RAS-3M20UAX [outdoor UNIT]

Class 1 totaline ..16mm for horizontal and 13 mm for vertical pipes. 23 gauge copper. 2 visits. One for piping 2nd for installing units.

Wow,thats a good buy. i was quote ard $1850 for the Toshiba sys 2 : RAS-M10NKPX / RAS-M13NKPX/RAS-3M20UAX5 with 1/2" Armaflex insulation class 1 upgrade from coolserve..

I wanted to get from Allbest but seems skeptical as there's quite a number of negative feedback abt them. But their price is really attractive leh..But nevertheless, i think also depends on luck..haha

Good luck to your installation!

Edited by hongss

anybody can feedback on Allbest? I went to their IMM branch, quite impressive with their service and they are certified under case trust.. how is their service and installation skill?

they recommended Daikin system 3 non inverter with 18k/12k/9k BTU with 2 trip installation

i am looking for a system 1 aircon so i am also looking around this days. my previous one is made in japan Sanyo. it has been used for 15 yrs i must say i am very impressed with the quality. the indoor unit still looks quite new. inside the split unit there are lots of damping materials, foams, rubber, seal etc so it seldom gives vibration noise. it's very well designed and built. only thing is the fan of outdoor unit is running slower and slower after so many yrs. aircon service ppl suggested to replace. i have another LG system 1 before but only after two yrs, it starts giving all kinda problems especially vibration noise. i open it and found inside there is basically no damping at all. all plastics are clipped on that's why.

today just went down to IMM to check. seems nowadays the indoor unit design are very simple. very little damping fitted. only brands that use damping design are hitachi and toshiba. however hitachi no system 1 so i am considering toshiba. i also checked carefully the sanyo but i found the design and built are way inferior than my 15 yrs old sanyo.

agree that gaincity salesman makes me very uncomfortable. the way they act/talk is like they are selling BMW. all best is much better. probably will sign up with all best soon. for pricing, all best gives me $50 discount since all my aircon pipes are concealed one inside wall so no need to lay piples.

btw my room size is measured by 163 sqf. i see there are two models of toshiba system one. 10000 BTU and 13000 BTU. is 10000 BTU enough for my room? thanks.

Wow,thats a good buy. i was quote ard $1850 for the Toshiba sys 2 : RAS-M10NKPX / RAS-M13NKPX/RAS-3M20UAX5 with 1/2" Armaflex insulation class 1 upgrade from coolserve..

I wanted to get from Allbest but seems skeptical as there's quite a number of negative feedback abt them. But their price is really attractive leh..But nevertheless, i think also depends on luck..haha

Good luck to your installation!

Yes it really depends on luck and how comfortable you feel with the salesman.

The guy at GC act so superior n look at me like I am an idiot for asking so many questions.

I dont like that attitude. Even if I go to the doc I want to know what is the problem n how n why

shud i take whatever pills he gives me!!

Even laymen can understand maah....

Yes it all depends on luck...and our own vibes... I generally go by my gut instinct after I have done my

research,... hope it works as well this time as it has previously!

Yes it really depends on luck and how comfortable you feel with the salesman.

The guy at GC act so superior n look at me like I am an idiot for asking so many questions.

I dont like that attitude. Even if I go to the doc I want to know what is the problem n how n why

shud i take whatever pills he gives me!!

Even laymen can understand maah....

Yes it all depends on luck...and our own vibes... I generally go by my gut instinct after I have done my

research,... hope it works as well this time as it has previously!

regarding GC, in fact my previous two aircon all got from GC 5 yrs ago. at that time they were new so their pricing is very competitive. attitute was all good. i have been very satisfied with their services. but now their business is getting bigger and bigger and they seem to feel that they are big, premium and superior so start acting arrogent...they really forget how they got started and why they can achieve what they have now. sometimes i have the urge to call up their CEO and let him know my thought...