Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
basso

Nice Wallpaper?

This is my lovely wallpaper from Goodrich...Hehe...its our feature wall too!

Hi alpha...my wallpaper seems quite easy to maintain...I dint even do anything so far to clean it...hehe...I think as long as your wall does not get direct sun it should last you quite some time...but of course if you have kids around must watch that they don't treat your wall like a drawing canvas!

:unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Don't forget, you can put up the wall paper yourself. It is rather easy, my hubby did all the wall paper in our place. Try it on a small wall yourself. If you check out my blog and you will see them.

Have fun!

I've got a small tear in my wallpaper....anyone knows how to patch it DIY??

It is quite easy to solve the tear problem. Just patch it back with some paper glue or if you have some spare left-over of the wall paper, you can cut the size which the tear is and put it over with a new peice of wall paper.

BTW, can anyone advise if there is any contractor willing to put up wall paper as I planned to bring in wall paper from overseas. I will pay for the labour cost.

It is quite easy to solve the tear problem. Just patch it back with some paper glue or if you have some spare left-over of the wall paper, you can cut the size which the tear is and put it over with a new peice of wall paper.

BTW, can anyone advise if there is any contractor willing to put up wall paper as I planned to bring in wall paper from overseas. I will pay for the labour cost.

I believe you can engage Goodrich just for labour to fix up the wallpaper. My brother usually imports the wallpaper himself and get them to do the installation. Same for my house, he pass me his wallpaper and got them to install.

I believe you can engage Goodrich just for labour to fix up the wallpaper. My brother usually imports the wallpaper himself and get them to do the installation. Same for my house, he pass me his wallpaper and got them to install.

Thanks a lot for the info. Can you tell me how much they are charging for the labour cost? How much did you pay?

Thanks a lot for the info. Can you tell me how much they are charging for the labour cost? How much did you pay?

Paisei...the bill haven't come yet...so no idea :dancingqueen: Maybe you can call them to check out.

Goodrich labour cost varies depending on the surface area, complexity of surface to be covered and if pre-prep work is needed. Ranges from S$300 onwards.

The labour cost for my 2 walls wallpapering was S$500.

went to goodrich today. lotsa nice wallpapers, see until eyes blurr :notti:

checked with the guy how much they charge for pasting the wallpapers? was told that the price varies. he quoted me the pasting cost $350 for the living room and $250 for the master bedroom.

felt that the cost of pasting very steep. wanna DIY myself but think i couldn't manage. scared make a mess out of it and spoilt the wallpapers :jawdrop:

anyone know any people who can help me to do the pasting for the wallpapers? how much is the cost?

appreciate if anyone know and can pass me the contact. thanks u! :dancingqueen:

Edited by snow

went to goodrich today. lotsa nice wallpapers, see until eyes blurr :P

checked with the guy how much they charge for pasting the wallpapers? was told that the price varies. he quoted me the pasting cost $350 for the living room and $250 for the master bedroom.

felt that the cost of pasting very steep. wanna DIY myself but think i couldn't manage. scared make a mess out of it and spoilt the wallpapers :dancingqueen:

anyone know any people who can help me to do the pasting for the wallpapers? how much is the cost?

appreciate if anyone know and can pass me the contact. thanks u! :P

Hi Snow

I work for www.dnalife.com.sg

Our installation per wall is only $120 - $150. And all our wall designs can be customised to your liking.

Why don't you visit our web. Can email me if you need more details.

Hi Snow

I work for www.dnalife.com.sg

Our installation per wall is only $120 - $150. And all our wall designs can be customised to your liking.

Why don't you visit our web. Can email me if you need more details.

By the way, our wall covering designs - Disney princess came out on TV last night - Mini Home Decor Survivor.

All 3000 available designs can be made into roller blinds as well.

Don't recommend DIY unless you are a really hands-on type of person as it is laborious to match the pattern between the various panels and the removal of air bubbles is tedious (same process as that used to stick windows film).

I think you can try DNAlife since their labour charge is pretty attractive but got to see the after sales service/support (patching up/re-work/repair etc).

I really like wallpaper compared to just painting as you can achieve different textures and patterns. Only issue is the longevity and strength of the glue used and wallpaper may not be suitable for families with young children .

went to goodrich today. lotsa nice wallpapers, see until eyes blurr :P

felt that the cost of pasting very steep. wanna DIY myself but think i couldn't manage. scared make a mess out of it and spoilt the wallpapers :o

appreciate if anyone know and can pass me the contact. thanks u! :yamseng:

Only issue is the longevity and strength of the glue used and wallpaper may not be suitable for families with young children .

Yes, this is indeed a valid point. I am also considering wallpaper for my new home but have been cautioned about our weather. Because of our very high levels of humidity, wallpapers may not last very long (i.e. 10 years or more). Unless of course, you turn on the air conditioner all the time which lessens the humidity factor in your home. Also, the size of the wall plays a part. If it's only a small wall, this shouldn't be a big problem but do consider properly if it's a HUGE wall or many walls (i.e. all the walls in the living room).

Not sure how true this is so when you're buying wallpaper, you might like to check this out with the wallpaper company.

Yes, this is indeed a valid point. I am also considering wallpaper for my new home but have been cautioned about our weather. Because of our very high levels of humidity, wallpapers may not last very long (i.e. 10 years or more). Unless of course, you turn on the air conditioner all the time which lessens the humidity factor in your home. Also, the size of the wall plays a part. If it's only a small wall, this shouldn't be a big problem but do consider properly if it's a HUGE wall or many walls (i.e. all the walls in the living room).

Not sure how true this is so when you're buying wallpaper, you might like to check this out with the wallpaper company.

Actually, DIY Wallpaper is not difficult, in fact very simple and there is nothing to do with the humidity weather here if a proper glue is used. Pse check on my Blog (My world) and you can see that my apt is completed with wallpaper (all the walls). Unfortunately, I do not know how to link my blog here. If anyone interested to learn how to put up wallpaper, we can show it in our new apt sometimes in mid-July 2008 but you must be prepared to help with the work.