Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
infinitie

Wong's Newly Nest

I use the black glass ... very nice :D

Then I use some tiles near the hob to put all the hot pots and pans.

I think the s/s one is not nice ler

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I am currently staying at my MIL place. Have been doing so for 4 years. :D my old place was rented out for abt 2.5 yrs and it's recently we decided place was a bit cramp and so we chase the tenants out, sold the old place and bought the new place to hv a place of our own but very very near my MIL place for her to take care of my son easier.

Ya, delivery has to be coordinate closely with the companies and my contractor so that we wun hv clashes. right now, we buy things with open date lor. GR Link, Hommage, Mega Discount and Fullhouse all like tat. In fact most shops do that, just dun pay in full to reduce the risk involved.

haha...ya can online. but still working lah, jus checking once in a while.

BTW, the hob ah, I bought stainless steel ones though I had like the tempered glass ones... reason being (as explained by Mega discount sales) stainless steel is more hardy than tempered glass and I can put hot pots on top of the top which tempered glass is not so advisable to....hubby feels safer with S/S too and ever since the story by GG, he even more support S/S so I gave in.

hmm.. Quite true abt the handy thingy. Ahh... what/who is GG?

Can I know where are all the shop/mall (except GR) u mentioned, I didn't heard of it before. Stuff bought value for $?

hmm.. Quite true abt the handy thingy. Ahh... what/who is GG?

Can I know where are all the shop/mall (except GR) u mentioned, I didn't heard of it before. Stuff bought value for $?

GG = Gor Gor = wcseow :D

Hommage (furniture)= 25/25A Tai Thong Crescent (behind old Jacksons FC)

Fullhouse Furnishing (furniture) = Aljunied Crescent (above NTUC), Serangoon (not sure full address)

Mega Discount Store (electrical appliances) = Kallang Leisurepark & United Square

So far I find the electrical appliances offered by Mega Discount is pretty reasonable. U can bargain the price but you have got to do your homework before you go down. make calls to the usual shops like Everjoint etc and then you know your price range and gives you more room to bargain. Unlike Everjoint, Mega Discount showcase all the electricals so you can see your stuff before you buy.

Hommage is doing catalogue sales for furniture like S&C. So if u are comfortable to do that then you visit them, if not, you are better off visiting Star furniture or Ceillini etc. Service is good but be aware that Eric the boss is the only one doing sales there so on weekends is freaking packed. you have to be prepared to wait for him to serve you.

Fullhouse Furnishing claims that they are one of the largest furniture supplier in Malaysia, not so sure since I dun go into malaysia. Happen to go to Aljunied Crescent and went to look look see see. furniture wise, nothing caught my eye. I only ordered a queen size and a single size mattress from them but the sales guy was pretty helpful and friendly. GG visited them too but suay suay met a crabby guy. U can take a look but so far no review about them.

GG = Gor Gor = wcseow :D

Hommage (furniture)= 25/25A Tai Thong Crescent (behind old Jacksons FC)

Fullhouse Furnishing (furniture) = Aljunied Crescent (above NTUC), Serangoon (not sure full address)

Mega Discount Store (electrical appliances) = Kallang Leisurepark & United Square

So far I find the electrical appliances offered by Mega Discount is pretty reasonable. U can bargain the price but you have got to do your homework before you go down. make calls to the usual shops like Everjoint etc and then you know your price range and gives you more room to bargain. Unlike Everjoint, Mega Discount showcase all the electricals so you can see your stuff before you buy.

Hommage is doing catalogue sales for furniture like S&C. So if u are comfortable to do that then you visit them, if not, you are better off visiting Star furniture or Ceillini etc. Service is good but be aware that Eric the boss is the only one doing sales there so on weekends is freaking packed. you have to be prepared to wait for him to serve you.

Fullhouse Furnishing claims that they are one of the largest furniture supplier in Malaysia, not so sure since I dun go into malaysia. Happen to go to Aljunied Crescent and went to look look see see. furniture wise, nothing caught my eye. I only ordered a queen size and a single size mattress from them but the sales guy was pretty helpful and friendly. GG visited them too but suay suay met a crabby guy. U can take a look but so far no review about them.

Thanks Samglaz for your info. :good:

BTW, could i have the contact for everjoint? U mean i can just call them and ask for price?

I use the black glass ... very nice :D

Then I use some tiles near the hob to put all the hot pots and pans.

I think the s/s one is not nice ler

i bought black glass ones... very hard to find an affordable and nice stainless steel hob..most are really quite crappy!

Our current home is also tempered glass hob, we realised it's easy to maintain since s/s tend to have scratches/stubborn stain.

Practically, tempered glass is the choice but hubby thinks for a more complete/nicer kitchen, s/s is the one.

Nevertheless, thanks for your advise.

Hubby suggested to leave it to ID to advise.. LOL.

lilithfield, for our case the tempered glass cost more than s/s.

ID revert with the choice of Hob..... and the winner goes to "me" (black tempered glass).

Wahahahaha, hubby said i don't need to bribe him to win already lor. LOL!! :yeah:

=updates=

Today is our 2nd appt, so legally we are the officially house owner already...

But, seems like I don't feel excited at all :dunno::dunno: Probably, bcos of the 1 mth extention from seller bah.

So right now, it's another 1 mth or less (i hope) of waiting.

Counting down and waiting patiently for my Agent to call us when they are ready to move out.

Edited by infinitie

ID revert with the choice of Hob..... and the winner goes to "me" (black tempered glass).

Wahahahaha, hubby said i don't need to bribe him to win already lor. LOL!! :yeah:

tell your hb that s/steel will have scratches in the long run. so black glass easier to maintain.. :P

=updates=

Today is our 2nd appt, so legally we are the officially house owner already...

But, seems like I don't feel excited at all :dunno::dunno: Probably, bcos of the 1 mth extention from seller bah.

So right now, it's another 1 mth or less (i hope) of waiting for us.

Counting down and waiting patiently for my Agent to call us when they are ready to move out.

congrats..:) i also felt the same during our 2nd appt even though we didn't have to wait for seller to move out. do they have to pay you rental for staying one more month?

tell your hb that s/steel will have scratches in the long run. so black glass easier to maintain.. :P

congrats..:) i also felt the same during our 2nd appt even though we didn't have to wait for seller to move out. do they have to pay you rental for staying one more month?

Told him but but.... you know some men are hard to convince :P

Opps.... all the men will come after me for saying that!

Sorry ah guys but sometime it's really good to listen to women.

Thanks ger.

Really? Funny ah, we should be feeling excited one way or the other.

No, it has been "so called" deducted from the COV.

Told him but but.... you know some men are hard to convince :P

Opps.... all the men will come after me for saying that!

Sorry ah guys but sometime it's really good to listen to women.

Thanks ger.

Really? Funny ah, we should be feeling excited one way or the other.

No, it has been "so called" deducted from the COV.

i think i was more excited during first appointment than the second one haha..

wah deducted from COV? but did you manage to nego the COV lower or did u pay their asking?

What is the choosen color of the kitchen cabinets. Not many pple choosing black glass. Oh oh.. I think it is very important for top cabinets to have lights for areas you use for cutting and cooking. My current place always have problem seeing the exact color as the light is shining downbehind me, so i have block some light. :unsure:

Was talking to the contractor about tempered glass backing. He said unless the top and bottom of the tempered glass is inside the cabinets, the old stains will will seep through if it is a just nice fit placed on the wall. I wonder black tempered glass would work. Now we are exploring S/S option. The contractor said, the current tiles will not stain if u dun do much frying. He also added, eat more steamed food, good for you. :bleah:

Wah..i didnt notice. I'm glad that I got it from JB.

But maybe hers branded and better quality? :dunno:

sorry, no see all these!!!! :P

i did not buy that coffee table, only the sofa (Inch). Think abit pricey cos of the size - about 3m in length & plus a ottaman. Not branded though :P

coffee table & carpet bought from Winter International (carpet is in silvery grey colour)

Picture018-1.jpg

black tempered glass is better than s/s option ...currently, i am using black tempered glass and personally i feel it is nicer n easy to maintain.... :)

black tempered glass is better than s/s option ...currently, i am using black tempered glass and personally i feel it is nicer n easy to maintain.... :)

my current house is black tempered glass too.. not much issue in maintenance but new house is s/s (no choice, staying with in laws and they scare glass will break!!). i guess if clean after every use, maintenance wise should be ok too but i think glass still nicer :P