Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

why difficult? i think the dome are quite big area leh.... i don't think any problem to take photos inside there but you got to pay to go in lah. $10 per person, if i am not wrong.

i guess really muz go down and see first..i kind of thought it's not that big and will definitely have lots of people trying to get a good view/shot inside!

hi bits,

can pm me your contractor? i'm also looking for ppl to start my reno.

and i really like your new place's style! :)

hello, pm-ed. good luck!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

fyi:

GBB Domes temperatures are 23 to 25 degrees.

SG citizens entry fee $12/dome or $20 for two domes, skywalk is $5, tram is $5,

annual pass is $68 excludes the tram.

(Not working for them or tourism board)

I thought if you take package, shouldn't the entry fees be included and paid for by the photography company?

Edited by sunsetsky

fyi:

GBB Domes temperatures are 23 to 25 degrees.

SG citizens entry fee $12/dome or $20 for two domes, skywalk is $5, tram is $5,

annual pass is $68 excludes the tram.

(Not working for them or tourism board)

I thought if you take package, shouldn't the entry fees be included and paid for by the photography company?

actually, i've no idea..i haven't planned anything nor spoken to my photographer, but the package only includes number of hours for photography, never mentioned anything abt such entrance fees and who should bear them.. :P

actually, i've no idea..i haven't planned anything nor spoken to my photographer, but the package only includes number of hours for photography, never mentioned anything abt such entrance fees and who should bear them.. :P

If to take the photograph at gardens by the bay is ur own idea, then u hv to pay the entrance fees. If its a package by the studio (ie to shoot at bay), then the fees shld be included.

Anyway, the access to the bay is free. Only the domes and skywalk/tram is chargeable.

If to take the photograph at gardens by the bay is ur own idea, then u hv to pay the entrance fees. If its a package by the studio (ie to shoot at bay), then the fees shld be included.

Anyway, the access to the bay is free. Only the domes and skywalk/tram is chargeable.

this bride to be only want aircon place so sure have to be in the dome.

from what she wrote, i think she only book photographer, not studio. so i think have to be paid by herself to go into the domes.

i think i probably have to pay ba..ay small issue..

this bride to be only want aircon place so sure have to be in the dome.

from what she wrote, i think she only book photographer, not studio. so i think have to be paid by herself to go into the domes.

yea only book photographer..guess can work that out later..

haha this bride, do like outdoor places and how pictures turn out, but i've a huge tulle ball gown and wearing it in air-con room i start sweating le..but i don't like studio shots..so yar, abit troublesome.. :P

Day 60

Gosh, it is already 2 whole months since we started renovations and I'm losing count of the days. It's been 6 weeks since we informed carpenter to come for measurements, 3.5 weeks since measurements were taken, and we finally saw come carpentry at our place today!!! :sport-smiley-004:

7698230064_40ea0ae182_z.jpg

Kitchen is taking shape!

7698231394_99eb9a46da_z.jpg

after the hob and sink, i still have pretty decent area for food preparation..in fact, more than i thought i had! :sport-smiley-018:

7698204832_45d48583e2_z.jpg

My ledge in MBR toilet done.

7698212670_65211e72ce_z.jpg

My ledge in common toilet.

7698201598_a71b64903c_z.jpg

And the final door for toilet is also up! :thumbs up:

Edited by theitsybits

Day 60 cont.

I can't decide on the placement of my common toilet basin.

Option 1: Middle of toilet

7698230954_565feacd4c_z.jpg

It makes more sense but i'm worried that it's abit cramp or arms might hit the shelves on the right? and most people put the soap on the right and there's no space for that?

Option 2: Middle of vanity

7698230466_b443a87951_z.jpg

This gives equal space on both sides of basin..but not sure if it will look lop-sided and misaligned.

choices!

7698216240_478e0603b9_z.jpg

And we chose this white textured laminate for our shoe cabinet and feature wall that is wood-planked, like cottage..i was so excited looking at the laminates book, because we initially only chose from the in-house laminates which were painfully limited..we only got to choose from other brands when their in-house laminate wasn't long enough for the planks (initially coordinator said OOS).

one regret i have is the vanity laminates..my vision was something cement-screed or concrete like, but there was none available when choosing..after choosing for a long time, the one we chose was OOS and we had to make do with this..not sure how it will turn out or if it would go with our theme :( my kitchen white laminate does not seem as glossy as other brands too ;) *sigh. i guess we can only really see the effect after they are completed..

7698208420_a1f35ab16a_z.jpg

and..anyone knows if such splinters is common for carpentry? i suppose it will not be seen, but... ;)

there are some issues with the configuration of my kitchen..initial agreement of big metal drawers end up becoming wooden drawers..and the flat pull-out tray at the bottom of a cabinet end up becoming a U-tray that is usually below the sink (for pipes)..it's mounted in the middle of the cabinet and nothing much could be put there! it was originally for tall appliances such as my kitchenaid or juicer or blenders.. :bangwall: oh well, hope they get it changed..

7698201212_9b52974a33_z.jpg

and lastly, this is why i need the house to be ready very soon..my room has become a warehouse and i can't even change my bedsheets now..i just keep stacking bags and things on top.. :bangwall:

Edited by theitsybits

hihi, can share more fotos on how did ur carpentry manage to hide up the ugly pipes despite having hacked the walls off?

yes, my pipes were horrendous but they managed to conceal it with carpentry..it's not completed though, will post pictures tonight..

Hi Itsybits,

Very beautiful house! I'm now sourcing for ID/contactors. Can you pm me your contractor's contact and mind sharing your quotation? Thanks

Day 60

Gosh, it is already 2 whole months since we started renovations and I'm losing count of the days. It's been 6 weeks since we informed carpenter to come for measurements, 3.5 weeks since measurements were taken, and we finally saw come carpentry at our place today!!! :sport-smiley-004:

7698230064_40ea0ae182_z.jpg

Kitchen is taking shape!

7698231394_99eb9a46da_z.jpg

after the hob and sink, i still have pretty decent area for food preparation..in fact, more than i thought i had! :sport-smiley-018:

7698204832_45d48583e2_z.jpg

My ledge in MBR toilet done.

7698212670_65211e72ce_z.jpg

My ledge in common toilet.

7698201598_a71b64903c_z.jpg

And the final door for toilet is also up! :thumbs up:

Hi itsybits, is the final toilet door made of wood? Which sink and sink size did you get? Blanco?

Edited by innerlight