Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Looks like there is a lot of progress now !

yesss!!! :sport-smiley-004: kitchen and toilet vanity done, left with 2 wardrobes, L-shaped book shelf, shoe cabinet and feature wall..still sounds like a lot hor.. :unsure:

If you don't mind, could you also share with me the contact of your contractor? :bow:

pm-ed.

Hi itsybits, is the final toilet door made of wood? Which sink and sink size did you get? Blanco?

nope, this is aluminum but sprayed white..i got the SQM stainless steel sink, 68cm wide..was abit concerned abt white Blanco sink, so got stainless steel instead..

Hi itsybits, your house is coming along really well. Love everything you have!

yes yes thanks! finally things are moving again!

Nice to know that your carpentry is back on track :D Just curious, what are the shampoo shelves in the toilets made of?

yes, very thankful for that :thumbs up:

the ledge is made of half a tile (triangle shaped) and finished with cement..the made a slit in the wall to slot the tile in for support before securing it with cement..i suppose it's possible to get it tiled up too, but they told me it's very difficult to cut the tiles to very small pieces..i don't mind cement finish though, especially since he did not charge me for it.. :P

Day 62

Kitchen carpentry is almost completed! :sport-smiley-004:

There are a few issues and rectification needed, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it..

7710338418_de49e53a64_z.jpg

View from the door.

7710343558_4698058151_z.jpg

The sink, hob/hood and fridge in a row.

7710341120_b0888d6522_z.jpg

Another view. The other side is a long counter.

7710351120_6f03fe2a23_z.jpg

View from service yard.

7710354130_88fffe609a_z.jpg

The toilet louvre door.

Day 62 cont

7710357114_00c318bac6_z.jpg

Common toilet vanity also up..we wanted this toilet to be really nice since it's huge..but somehow, i find it a tad disappointing, perhaps the look i wanted needed cement screed/concrete kind of feel..this one felt very ordinary..

7710359690_4ea56e0454_z.jpg

and the tiny MBR vanity..

7710348754_e2a0700cc0_z.jpg

This is our concealed pipes..The tall cabinet has shallow shelvings while the pipes are behind and unseen when i open up the cabinet..

7710428118_d970c4fffe_z.jpg

For some reason, the insides look very strange..the carpenter did not saw the wood properly and left them sticking out from everywhere..we wanted to add a metal plate below in case of leaking, but couldn't when the wood isn't level inside!!!

7710475312_222070a3ae_z.jpg

the only problem is, the top part is slightly wider and is right beside my hanging clothes rack..which means that I can't lower it down, else I'll scratch the whole top part at the side.. :bangwall:

they were supposed to give us full metal drawers, but delivered wooden drawers instead, which is why my drawers weren't fixed yet..not sure if they would change it for us..and i'm not sure if this concealing of carpentry could be changed to leveled insides and flush the sides of the cabinet..otherwise i will not be able to lower my clothes rack.. ;)

Edited by theitsybits

I realized that i do not have a proper picture of the hideous pipes, especially after hacking..this is the best before and after photos i managed to put together.

7710558364_aa0df66e61_z.jpg

Kitchen carpentry looks really nice. White really opens up the place a lot. Unfortunately we were really worried abt maintenance so I opted for darker colors instead !

I love ur brickwall and also the cement screed walls..... Can i hv ur contractor details. Wanna consider him for my new plc. Thanks!

Edited by blackcalla

Kitchen carpentry looks really nice. White really opens up the place a lot. Unfortunately we were really worried abt maintenance so I opted for darker colors instead !

hee, i heard that glossy white is quite easy to maintain and sometimes darker colors are as difficult to maintain cuz can see dust and scratches..but ay, i love white kitchens, so it's a sacrifice i must make lor.. :P

Looking good now... :thumbs up:

I just started my reno with K... ÜÜÜ

still seem like a long long way, even after 2 whole months! ;) enjoy the process, K works really fast and it's a joy seeing the transformation in the first few weeks.. :D

Juz curious, so you'll be using a clothes dryer? (since you can't pull down the laundry rack)

it's still possible to hang clothes on the rack using hangers..i can reach them while standing..just that cannot let it down if they do not rectify the top cabinet..

but yes, i've got a dryer and is used to using it as it saves so much time.. :P

I love ur brickwall and also the cement screed walls..... Can i hv ur contractor details. Wanna consider him for my new plc. Thanks!

thank you, i love them too..pm-ed..

Hi, I am also looking for ID/Contractor now. Very interested in your contractor -K. Can you please send me his contact? Thanks.

pm-ed.