Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow... 5-10kg of plates, must be very :sport-smiley-004:

Wifey is practical type, even showed her the very pretty plates, saucers and cups...

Turned to me & asked "Do we really need them?"

In the end, we just window shop. How was Hawaii Five O? I didnt manage to go there coz we were short of time. There are a few other similiar shops in the vincinty.

Wow... 5-10kg of plates, must be very :sport-smiley-004:

Wifey is practical type, even showed her the very pretty plates, saucers and cups...

Turned to me & asked "Do we really need them?"

In the end, we just window shop. How was Hawaii Five O? I didnt manage to go there coz we were short of time. There are a few other similiar shops in the vincinty.

I will try to post up some pictures soon. Hawaii Five O was like a workshop stacked full of chairs and very dusty. It's impossible trying to 'shop' there! It's probably easier to look at their website/catalogue and ask prices instead of going down. There are a few shops around that area, but most of them are really like warehouses and it really takes quite abit to look for things..

I'm quite practical too! I only got plain white plates with scallop edges and a big soup bowl..I liked the teacups there, but find it too difficult to carry back..i also got things like place mats, a bamboo lacquered tray, some bamboo teaspoons and rice scoop, a condiments tray with container, and silk cushion covers from Jim Thompson's factory outlet for the sofa..

Shopping for the home @ Bangkok

I had a huge long list of places where I'd like to visit to shop for the home, but I end up going only to a few places.

7773831028_4cbf056b5a_z.jpg

Jim Thompson factory outlet where I spent a lot of my money at. I now have very pretty cushions and covers for the sofa. :thumbs up:

7773844870_09463ffcf3_z.jpg

Next stop was the furniture area at Sukumvit area where Hawaii Five O and Tuba was.

7773854618_d5d065f183_z.jpg

Inside Tuba Line 2, which was the prettiest showroom there.

7773891114_ddf2541614_z.jpg

I love the lounge chairs and would like one. Prices were about $1k, with about $400 shipping. I think SG sells it for around $2k, so I'm not sure if it's worth it after GST and whatever fees. Might just get it from Singapore instead.

7773871758_85d46714e4_z.jpg

I kind of like the mirrors.

Hi,

I like the concept of your house and how you did up the doors of your toilet.

May I check how do you do up the wet area in common toilet? Cos my layout is also the same as yours with the common toilet having 2 entrances and I m thinking of doing up a open concept toilet :)

May I also the your contractor's contact also?

Many thanks for sharing your lovely house :)

Shopping for the home @ Bangkok cont.

7773906718_7d82796446_z.jpg

Right across the street was Tuba, Hawaii Five O, Mob x Mobler and Y5.

7773921024_df6932f65d_z.jpg

Inside Mob x Mobler or Y5, both seemed like the same shop as we entered from one door and exit from the other - not very sure though. I couldn't really find anything worth buying and things really looked old. The guy inside was playing the violin!

7773936442_924a39a63c_z.jpg

And this was inside Hawaii Five O. It was stacked full of chairs and very dusty. 2 workers were making chairs outside when we walked in. It was impossible to really 'shop' since there's only a tiny walkway and you might be better off looking at catalogues.

7773962364_1a6dd156e9_z.jpg

The next stop was Asiatique near the river. Read that some stores from Suan Lum night market moved here and they do have quite a few interesting shops. I bought a remote holder, placemats, some bamboo spoons and plates here. I love the plates and cups here, plus it's really cheap.

7773967974_c6f0b98c98_z.jpg

They also have a shop selling chairs here.

Last stop was THE JJ market. I have a love-hate relationship with this place. It is really hot and stuffy yet there's so much gems in there. I got my clock, a bamboo lacquered tray and condiments tray from here.

I also visited places like Siam Discovery Center and Centralworld. There might be some interesting stuff there, but prices ain't that cheap.

But if you only have a day in Bangkok for home shopping, I would say head straight to Asiatique and JJ market. They have so much to offer (esp JJ market) at very cheap prices!

Only head to Sukumvit area around Hawaii Five O only if you really wish to get furniture there. But be warned that prices ain't that much cheaper after factoring shipping, GST, unstuffing cost etc and you can get similar furniture from places like Lorgans, Room of Woods and other retro-furniture shop here at similar prices.

Edited by theitsybits

hello neighbor! just checking in to admire your flat :)

Looking forward to the completed carpentry. I think the kitchen will look awesome!

I hope so too..! :rolleyes:

Hi,

I like the concept of your house and how you did up the doors of your toilet.

May I check how do you do up the wet area in common toilet? Cos my layout is also the same as yours with the common toilet having 2 entrances and I m thinking of doing up a open concept toilet :)

May I also the your contractor's contact also?

Many thanks for sharing your lovely house :)

pm-ed you the contact.

I only did a glass panel to separate the toilet bowl and bathing area. Did not do a curb or full glass shower screen as I preferred to keep it open, so that it's convenient to put in tubs to bathe babies in future..enclosing it would make it hard, and I'm worried that a curb is a tripping hazard..

If you really want to separate the wet and dry area, you can do up a curb or even full shower screen..I don't think water will splash all the way to the vanity for mine though.. :unsure: only both of us are living in it now..if water really splashes, I might add a shower curtain.. :P

Day 71

The rest of the carpentry was finally delivered today!! :sport-smiley-004:

Only horrible pictures by iPhone to share at the moment..

7773984992_2ea0fdb0c5_z.jpg

Half-done book shelves..the top and bottom will be covered with doors.

7773987792_4f774826bc_z.jpg

My feature wall was lying on the floor. I'm abit dismayed that the planks were so narrow while the gaps so big!! :bangwall: Carpenter said that drawing was wrong, they drew a 1.4m instead of a 1m wall resulting in wrong dimension.. *sigh.

7774012308_02a55efb1f_z.jpg

This is my shoe-cabinet door. The planks are ALOT wider, which was what I preferred. Both had bigger gaps in between the planks than I would have liked.

7773990372_e60e897369_z.jpg

Common toilet vanity mirror up. I initially requested for the mirror to cover the whole wall, because I didn't want to see the white tiles. They did not change the drawings, and it seems like my husband has agreed to the gap between vanity and mirror which is supposed to be the norm..I guess that's that then..

7774001478_e8a168e957_z.jpg

The tiny MBR vanity, with the mirror yet to be up.

Day 71 cont

7773996526_f97ab29108_z.jpg

Guest/Kids room wardrobe.

7774003960_49491df1ec_z.jpg

And lastly, my favorite corner at the side of the wardrobe specially designed for my make-up!

7774006610_463f479bc1_z.jpg

I usually stand to makeup and these little pockets will store things like my mascara, eyeliner, powder etc..it's easily reachable on my right while I stand in front of the mirror. The top part would be rods which I can hang my necklaces and accessories.

7774014974_e2cc03fa13_z.jpg

And this is how the MBR looks like now, with my makeup corner in full view while the sliding wardrobe opens up opposite the toilet door..the bookshelf at the other room shares the backing and separates both rooms despite hacking down the wall.

Carpentry work should be done by tomorrow.. :thumbs up: then they will do the rectifications for us.. ;)

Edited by theitsybits

Day 71 cont

7773996526_f97ab29108_z.jpg

Guest/Kids room wardrobe.

7774003960_49491df1ec_z.jpg

And lastly, my favorite corner at the side of the wardrobe specially designed for my make-up!

7774006610_463f479bc1_z.jpg

I usually stand to makeup and these little pockets will store things like my mascara, eyeliner, powder etc..it's easily reachable on my right while I stand in front of the mirror. The top part would be rods which I can hang my necklaces and accessories.

7774014974_e2cc03fa13_z.jpg

And this is how the MBR looks like now, with my makeup corner in full view while the sliding wardrobe opens up opposite the toilet door..the bookshelf at the other room shares the backing and separates both rooms despite hacking down the wall.

Carpentry work should be done by tomorrow.. :thumbs up: then they will do the rectifications for us.. ;)

Nice wardrobe and bookshelves! The laminates of the wardrobe looks nice. I also thought of going to Bangkok for shopping after my reno is done. Looking forward to see your pics with your shoppings from Bangkok displayed in the house!

Wow, looks like some serious & careful planning has been made to customize that wardrobe of yours in the MBR ! Very Smart .... Looking forward to the completion of your new place.

Cant wait to see ur bangkok loots!

But jus wondering...hw did u managed to lug it back to sg if its very bulky or heavy?

7710354130_88fffe609a_z.jpg

Hey, I'm looking for a cheap easy pull down laundry hanging thing..

Where did you get your clothes rack from and how much was it?

I'm not sure if you have any experience with it yet but can you share your decision process and why did you choose this one?

Thank you. :)