Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
FatFatFamily

A Single Mother's Dream Home

WOW! Congrats to you on being an EM owner! :good:

Which area did you buy at?

I am doing an overhaul, except for flooring in living, dining & bedrooms. Just need to polish the marble will do.

As for the rest of the area, complete overhaul..

Previous owner is the first owner, had stayed there for 20 over years, so it is very run down & cluttered.

I had to walk sideways at the recess area. I will be uploading the current state of the house pretty soon as well.. :D

I bought at Tampines, at a very high COV. It's a corner unit with recess area bought over by owner.

Condition is ok, but we are still planning to do an overhaul as it don't really suit us and since we will be staying for long term, so decided to do an overhaul.

Most quote which I have gotten come back to be 80k....sweat men.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I bought at Tampines, at a very high COV. It's a corner unit with recess area bought over by owner.

Condition is ok, but we are still planning to do an overhaul as it don't really suit us and since we will be staying for long term, so decided to do an overhaul.

Most quote which I have gotten come back to be 80k....sweat men.

Oh.. how much is your buying price & COV. Corner unit is great! What is the size of your unit?

My first quote was 84K.. subsequently was 77K on the average.

Maybe try to get as many quotes as possible when you still have time.. I submitted my floor plan on plushhomes.com.sg, and within 24 hrs, many IDs will contact & provide you with very competitive quotes.

My quotes includes everything (5 aircons, all led downlights, all basins, all toilet bowls, all heaters etc).

I really exhaust my ID.. Haha.

I paid 80k COV for it, size is 156sqm.

Reno quote inclue aircon, lights and accessories? Mine all excluded wor.

Wow.. 80K COV..

Yup, all included, even the bathroom accessories.. Air-cons also good ones (Daikin).

Maybe you can discuss with your ID and see what others he can FOC for you.

If your quote of 80K excludes all these, probably it might cost you another 5K to 10K more to buy the remaining items.

Get as many quotes as possible then compare.

Maybe your ID might mark down the price when he/she feels the existence of their potential competitors.. =)

Hopefully we can ask for more discount from our ID. I will prefer discount more than free gifts...haha. It's better to buy ourselves as we get to pick and choose.

Now trying very hard to keep the main reno quote below 80k...very hard wor.. haha. It's a struggle between needs and wants.

Yes, a whooping 80k COV. Luckily we sold our 4 room flat at 70k COV, so sort of net off. End of the day paying 10k cash from our pocket.

Hi Casa, if I remember correctly, you own an EM too? I was browsing through and saw many beautiful renovation pictures. 3D drawings are already out, however, my ID still needs to fine tune the colour scheme.. will be ready by tomorrow.. pretty excited!!

Sorry I don't own a EM

Mine is 3rm birdnest

Have a nice weekend :yamseng:

Hopefully we can ask for more discount from our ID. I will prefer discount more than free gifts...haha. It's better to buy ourselves as we get to pick and choose.

Now trying very hard to keep the main reno quote below 80k...very hard wor.. haha. It's a struggle between needs and wants.

Yes, a whooping 80k COV. Luckily we sold our 4 room flat at 70k COV, so sort of net off. End of the day paying 10k cash from our pocket.

WoW again! 4-room at 70K COV. W.O.W.

It took me 5 months to search for the right ID, and I hope I have made the right decision this time.

Quote is within my budget and it satisfies both my needs & wants.

Slowly comb through ID firms and compare them. You will find yourself reading quotes like a professional in no time.

Definately, there will be an ID who is able to suit your budget and expectations. ^_^

Hi StellaFun! Thanks..!! How tough also must give the best to my boys..Their smiles are so priceless!! Haha.

Congratz babe!! Envy u... such a strong woman & lovely mom..me tampines EM too!! Same neighbourhood ;)

floorplan_zps5dba0b03.jpg

Hi! Is your place at hougang? I recently did a design with a very similar floorplan, but mirror image.

Yes it is a Gen 1 EM, very small kitchen toilet!

Edited by DavidPoon

Congratz babe!! Envy u... such a strong woman & lovely mom..me tampines EM too!! Same neighbourhood ;)

Thanks!! No choice, challenging circumstances made me stronger over time.. "myrick88" bought the EM at tampines, mine is at lakeside.. Hehe

Hi! Is your place at hougang? I recently did a design with a very similar floorplan, but mirror image.

Yes it is a Gen 1 EM, very small kitchen toilet!

Hi DavidPoon, nope.. Mine is at lakeside, jurong west. Lower floor actually doesn't have a toilet, it's only a wash area, so my ID has to construct it.. He designed it in a way that it won't be narrow.. I hope!! Haha..

Congrat on being an Em owner. :yamseng:

Enjoy ur stay here and happy Reno

Thanks popcornm3!! Will be loading pictures of the current state of my EM soon..

Below pictures show the current state of the house:

Utility room converted to dining area

Utility_zpsec51ca60.jpg

Recess area

Recessarea_zps6e2314f4.jpg

Shoe cabinet at recess area, look thrugh window to kitchen

Recessareawindow_zps285eb622.jpg

MBR Toilet

Mastertoilet_zpsdfd2d18e.jpg

MBR

Masterbedroom_zps287d8195.jpg

Edited by FatFatFamily